Nominated for deletion (reason: Irrelevant)
If you disagree with this page's deletion, please explain why on its talk page. If this page obviously should not be deleted or you intend to fix it, please remove this notice, but do not remove this notice from articles that you have created yourself.
French pre-War flag
During World War II, France was occupied by Nazi Germany in 1940. By 1944, France was liberated. In our world, France owned a large colonial empire which was mostly lost before the close of the 20th century. Due to the divergence, the status of the empire remains a mystery.
Not much is known about the state of France before or after the Great War, however, there are references to France in the Fallout series.
- In Fallout 2, a French wine named the Chateau Lafayette was mentioned.
- In Fallout 2, the Golden Globes works on a film featuring a French exchange student. 
- In Fallout 3, three members of Sudden-Death Overtime, Ledoux, Mercier, and Dubois have French-originating surnames.
- In Fallout 3, Daniel Littlehorn is described as having a penchant for French Traditionalist painters.
- In Fallout 3, a French wine named the Chateau Montrose made in Bordeaux was mentioned, and was drank once by the US president as of 2077.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, phrases in the French language are used in areas throughout the game, such as "bon appetit" in the Ultra-Luxe, and a perk named "Cherchez La Femme".
- In Fallout: New Vegas, Caesar mentions the historic European region of Gaul, which included the entirety of modern France.
- In the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Dead Money, Dean Domino mentions that he used to perform in Paris.
- In Fallout Tactics, the Cheyenne Mountain facility offers a French language countdown. 
- In Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Dubois is of French descent.
- In the hypothetical Fallout: Resource Wars game, the main characters would have had to fight their way from Italy to the English Channel by land. To do so, they would have had to have entered France at some point, since the United Kingdom and France are the only basin countries of the channel.
France is never directly mentioned in any Fallout game, however, the country is referenced in Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and its add-on Dead Money, Fallout Tactics, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.