| || For an overview of all mines, see Land mines.|
For an overview of all anti-personnel mines, see Anti-personnel mines.
The frag mine is a placed explosive device. When approached by an enemy it emits a beep shortly before exploding, during which time it can be disarmed.
- Primm - Three frag mines can be found on the bridge between the NCR camp and the hotels. Must be disarmed by the player.
- Frag mines can be found spread out in the no-man's-land between Camp Forlorn Hope and Nelson. Tortured NCR soldiers being used as traps there also have frag mines very close by.
- Nipton - Live mines are placed as traps in the town hall, and in one of the residential houses.
- Three can be found hidden under traffic cones on the road east of Nipton. Must be disarmed.
- Ranger station Charlie - Placed as traps after talking to Ranger Andy about the station, or beginning Return to Sender.
- Old World Blues (add-on) Many can be obtained when walking on the pipes found throughout the Big MT.
- Over 10 can be found in the locked train tunnel leading to Nellis Air Force Base.
- Frag mines can be found inside the west and east terminals in HELIOS One as well as other traps and hostile NCR dogs.
- Malcolm Holmes may have one in his inventory during the encounter with him (must be bought).
- Chet may occasionally have one in his inventory (must be bought).
- Mines placed by the player character will not explode when approached by companions.
- frag mines cannot be grabbed while they are armed.
- According to Decanus Severus, frag mines are very effective against Legionaries because the men of the Legion have no clue how to disarm them.
- When placing mines on the ground and either waiting or sleeping near the area where they are placed, they will disappear.
Arming the mine
Disarming the mine