| || For an overview of all mines, see Land mines.|
For an overview of all anti-personnel mines, see Anti-personnel mines.
The frag mine is a placed explosive device. When approached by an enemy it emits a beep shortly before exploding, during which time it can be disarmed.
- Primm - Three frag mines can be found on the bridge between the NCR camp and the hotels. Must be disarmed by the player.
- Frag mines can be found spread out in the no-man's-land between Camp Forlorn Hope and Nelson. Tortured NCR soldiers being used as traps there also have frag mines very close by.
- Nipton - Live mines are placed as traps in the town hall, and in one of the residential houses.
- Three can be found hidden under traffic cones on the road east of Nipton. Must be disarmed.
- Ranger station Charlie - Placed as traps after talking to Ranger Andy about the station, or beginning Return to Sender.
- Old World Blues (add-on) Many can be obtained when walking on the pipes found throughout the Big MT.
- Over 10 can be found in the locked train tunnel leading to Nellis Air Force Base.
- Frag mines can be found inside the west and east terminals in HELIOS One as well as other traps and hostile NCR dogs.
- Malcolm Holmes may have one in his inventory during the encounter with him. (must be bought)
- Chet may occasionally have one in his inventory. (must be bought)
- Mines placed by the player will not explode when approached by companions.
- You cannot grab frag mines while they are armed.
- According to Decanus Severus, frag mines are very effective against Legionaries because the men of the Legion have no clue how to disarm them.
- When you place your mines on the ground and either you wait or sleep near the area where you place your mines, they will disappear when you wait or sleep.
Arming the mine
Disarming the mine