| ||For frag and other grenade models used in other games, see Grenade.|
A generic fragmentation grenade. Contains a small amount of high explosives, the container itself forming most of the damaging fragments. Explodes on contact.”— Fallout and Fallout 2 description
Frag grenades are muscle-propelled explosives. Fragmentation grenades are pretty rare, and aren't very useful late game, when most enemies have a very high explosive damage resistance. If you can find a few early on, though, they'll pack quite a wallop against weaker raiders and critters. Ideally, the blast radius of a grenade should be used against large groups, like mantises and golden geckos, to maximize a single grenade's damage potential.
- In a locker in Junktown.
- 2 grenades located in the Command Center in Vault 15.
- Multiple grenades can be found in Mariposa Military Base.
- Various merchants including the Gun Runners and merchants in the Hub.
- Can be bartered or looted off the slavers in the Den.
- Merchants in NCR sell them and some can be found on New Californian Rangers.