| ||This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, please change the link to point directly to the intended page.|
Things to do when you are bored may refer to:
A list of things to do in Fallout 3 when you are bored.
Things to do when you are boredEdit
- Find the smallest house you can get to and shoot the MIRV in it.
- Jump off of the Rivet City Flight Deck.
- Kill everything you see.
- Give your follower a Fat Man
- Run around in Minefield looking up and see how long you survive.
- Split your save into two by saving, becoming evil, save, load a previous save, and doing good.
- Install the Zombie apocalypse, the (19th) 20th Centuary Guns and the Enclave Commander mod, get a Squad with 5-10 -Enclave- Soldiers, get some sweet-ass guns & armor and pretend you are leader of an Zombie-Cleaning Squad
- Get the Toy Knife. And try to kill stuff with it.
- Role-play as a Sniper. Go to a heavily Guarded Area. Try to find a good spot to Snipe, and also try to stay hidden.
- Role-play as a Chinese Soldier. (NOTE: You must have a Chinese Assault Rifle, Chinese Pistol, Chinese Officer Sword, Commando Hat, and a Chinese Jumpsuit so you can fully roleplay.)
- Go stand in radiation
- Get a Rock-It Launcher and fill it up with teaddy bears and decapitate deathclaws with it.☺
- See if a radroach can be killed with a fat man/Experimental MIRV
- Make a class of raiders in the school in Springvale by killing them and then putting them on the seats and you're their teacher.
- Go to the Nuka Cola plant and have fun killing NukaLurks in the mixing vats.
- Run around the wastes using just the unarmed skill and see how much you can kill with your fists before you die..
- Create "Safehouses" all over the wasteland, utilizing mines and using the mesmetron to brainwash raiders and enclave soldiers by threatening them with slavery, putting various armor and weaponry on them, then removing the slave collar (having a high science and the Chinese Stealth Suit is a must) to make them loyal soldiers for you. If you want to fully convert a camp towards your side, it helps to save a lot during the process (after each successful "conversion") because you have to get a successful mesmetron hit on everyone without killing or making them go insane, otherwise they will just die and respawn as hostile npcs.
- Go find a bunch of Deathclaws, dart them all with the dart-gun, then lure them across the wasteland having them kill everything in their path. Just be careful not to get too close to them :) 3rd person helps.
- Find a settlement such as Megaton, Rivet City, Underworld, kill everyone who isn't useful to you, then keep only those alive who can either trade/heal/entertain you.
- Decorate the drab, dull, and dreary wastes and make them fabulous!
- Develop a split personality (i.e.: hero by day, villain by night)
- Create a new character and kill everyone in sight who isn't invulnerable.
- Try surviving with only one life, then make a new character once you die.
- Be amazed at the number of times your game crashes without having saved (especially on PS3, damn lazy bastards at Bethesda)
- Make your character look like the ugliest or creepiest butthole in the Wasteland by getting a facial reconstruction and making his eyebrows extremely low, his eyes extremely close, his face extremely fat, and his jaw extremely huge.
- Tell Fawkes to wait in Megaton then blow it up
- Reach Maximum level (30 if you have Broken Steel) using Fawkes as a follower, then try and kill him. After multiple nukes fired from the MIRV, several thousand rounds of ammunition, a ton of flamethrower ammo, bottlecap mines, dogmeat and Jericho in t51-b Power Armor with Vengence Gattling Laser, and finally 5 Man-Openers (being repeatedly repaired using Auto-Axes), I managed to cut his head off in Underworld. Made me wish I had gassed him from the beginning. Try it out, good luck!
- Edit the wiki!
- Fill your Nuka Cola vending cooler as much as possible.
- Pickpocket all ammo and melee weapons from citizens in Rivet City or Megaton and then punch one of them to make them hostile and watch them. Alternatively, you can leave 1 person with ammo and the corresponding weapon and kill them to make everyone hostile and laugh watching EVERYONE scramble at once for the weapon and ammo.Vault4 15:01, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Use the Railway Rifle and shoot people's heads in Megaton in front of the atom bomb, this makes their heads stick to the bomb!! Hilarious fun.Vault4 15:01, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Throw all of your mines into the fountain in front of Tenpenny Tower, then shoot one.
- Go on a journey across the outer edge of the map. only sleep/wait when you find a bed, and eat whatever food you can hunt. Its fun if you act like you can die.Rorschach DR1 23:28, October 14, 2009 (UTC)Rorschach DR1
- Beat Fallout and Fallout 2 (while updating the wiki)
- Use a sniper /revisters rifle and try to kill 2 or 3 things at once (point blank)
- Follow a road and see where you end up.
- Write an extremely long series of stories for your character and draw art work for it. (I am rubbish at art so I have not done the art work for mine yet.)Vault4 14:56, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Create new Xbox 360 games: Stories, Artwork, Script etc.Vault4 14:56, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Watch nothing but Arnold Schwarzenneger and Sylvester Stallone movies for a REALLY long time and then put on some sunglasses a la terminator and a red bandana a la Rambo.--Vault4 22:41, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Have fun with the ragdoll physics! (A mini-nuke is a good choice! Aim for the ground and see how far you get flown!)
- Try to max out all your stats by collecting all the skill books and bobble heads.
- Reverse pickpocket silly costumes into serious characters' inventory, say, put Elder Lyons into the Mechanist costume or dad into the AntAgonizer's costume.
- Collect a lot of enclave power armors and put all the citadel's people into them, turning it into an enclave outpost.
- Try out a fallout 3 sport.
- Detonate the Megaton bomb then go laugh at Moira Brown.
- Collect unique weapons
- Save the game and then do everything you've always wanted to do but never could
- Save your game and go on a massive killing spree
- Create a new character and beat the game with him/her.
- Exit the game, then go on your computer and check The Vault's Fallout 3 forums to see if anyone has added anything to the list of "Things do to when you are bored". -Xandus the Legend
- Get addicted to all drugs and head in to a firefight.
- Steal all that isn't nailed to the floor in a settlement
- Make small settlements (like the Republic of Dave) in to a raider outpost: Reverse-Pickpocket Raider armor onto all citizens.
- Kill a Deathclaw with a rolling pin
- Blast or hit someone off the Tenpenny Tower Balcony
- Teabag a feral ghoul
- Give a companion a Rock-It Launcher
- Put mines all over a settlement and watch the carnage unfold
- Pickpocket some good gear onto a character and mezz the crap out of him, so he goes on a berserk killing spree
- Take the MIRV to the top of Tenpenny Tower, jump on the rail, face the wall and fire. See how far you can fling yourself.
- Decorate your house with body parts
- Sneak around settlements and listen to generic villager speech(some of them are quite entertaining).
- Try to cripple all your body parts without dying.
- Shoot someone in the head with a high-powered semi-automatic weapon. If you are lucky, they will somersault kick their own decapitated heads.
- Collect all the ingredients for Mississippi Quantum Pie
- Go on a wasteland adventure with Sticky (Are we there yet? Are we there yet?)
- Kill a Yao Guai with your bare hands.
- Mezz Grouse
- Get Jericho as a companion. Set him to wait, then talk to him again and choose the option "I just wanted to see if you were still here. Goodbye"
- Wear the Mechanist's Costume when Moira asks you to do the RobCo portion of the quest (Opens for a funny dialogue option).
- Give Moira Brown the physical description of a mini nuke. By aiming it at her.
- If you have The Pitt, try and pick-pocket slave outfits into everyone at the Temple of the Union/Lincoln Memorial.
- Pause your game and get on the Vault's Fallout 3 discussion forum and talk about how badly you can't wait for Broken Steel to be released, so you won't be bored anymore.
- Make a Gnome Shrine. [See details below]
- Get maximum damage resistance and reverse-pickpocket good weapons onto Raiders. Then attack them.
- Blast off all the limbs of a person. Then, make them swap places on the ground, so that the body looks like it has serious genetic damage.
- If your really bored jump of Tenpenny Tower!!!
- Drink some irradiated water
- Make Wadsworth tell you a joke.
- Kill all the raiders in Bethesda Ruins. Using a .32 pistol
- Try staging a slave revolt in Paradise Falls, in broad daylight, without any friendly casualties (except maybe Breadbox), on very hard, while remaining friendly to the local merchants. Eulogy Jones has to die too.Imp of the Perverse
- Put the Antagonizer Helmet on the chick who brings high karma players loot in Megaton.Imp of the Perverse
- Fire at random things that are extremely far away with Tenpenny. I bagged a deathclaw once.
- Pickpocket all kinds of strong explosives onto an enemy (Nuka, Frag, Pulse and Bottlecap at the same time).
- Bring some Nuka-Cola to Zip
- Go back to Gold Ribbon Grocers and set back up the entire Rube Goldberg machine.
- Unequip weapons and play tag with Mirelurks =]
- Make a body pile with all the raiders that will never respawn(like inside Springvale school).
- Try to drag the alien body from the alien crash site to all the way to the entrance of Megaton.18.104.22.168 15:33, 20 May 2009 (UTC)omega2255
- Start a new character, vowing never to use fast travel.Imp of the Perverse 10:04, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
- Enter the tranquility lane simulation. Find a rolling pin, then go back outside. Enter the console and type "player.setscale 3.5". Exit the console, switch to the 3rd person camera, then go hog wild. Just don't hit Betty. Imp of the Perverse 05:38, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- Take your multiples (ex. Nuka-Cola Quantum (27); Pre-War Money (21); Caps (2100); Lunchboxes (xX)) and give them all to your NPC companion in your preferred/available "house". Now retrieve one of the aforementioned items at a time so you can drop a separate item for each Nuka/Pre-War/Cap w/e. This will allow you to cover your bed with tons of cash (Pre-War Money), etc. V.A.T.S. addict
- Start a new game with worthless stats, get addicted to everything, wear a random clothing and use only the 101 10mm pistol and complete the whole main story. I'm 22.214.171.124, Adjust. 04:43, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- fill house everywhere on bed and chairs with frag mines I placed 70 and shoot one
- Call Gabriel Cortez and have phonesex.
- Fantasize about Tulip, you freak.
- Try to figure out how to adapt the Liberty Prime model for use as a set of armor. Seriously, I need help on this. Imp of the Perverse 19:32, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- Wear the Advanced radiation suit with as many headgears as you can find and watch in V.A.T.S. to see how glitchy they all look and how often they change. V.A.T.S. addict 22:28, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- Get the Deep Sleep perk from Broken Steel and go find every Fallout 3 player housing and sleep in each bed at least once for the Well Rested effect. V.A.T.S. addict 22:28, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- Go to the top of your stairs in your house with 3 garden gnomes, and put a box at the very edge of the stairs. Put 1 gnome on the box at the edge, and 2 behind him in a line. Then put a fourth gnome at the bottom of the stairs. Yay for gnome suicidalness!! :D
- Figure out what a nutfruit was once then try to weaponize (make it into a weapon) it. Loneplunderer 00:32, 13 July 2009 (UTC)LoneplundererLoneplunderer 00:32, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Cripple all limbs, then try and survive a round of Point lookout's safari wearing nothing.
- try to run away from a deathclaw RG (xbox) 17:57, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- Reverse pickpocket a Fat Man and a couple Mini-Nukes onto all of the slaves in Paradise Falls. Reverse pickpocket your remaining Fat Mans onto the slavers, complete with ammunition. Equip the Experimental MIRV, and then lead a slave revolt.
- Kill the Raider in the trapped building south of Alexandria Arms. Put a Fat Man and a mini-nuke in the locker by his corpse. Go back downstairs and wait until he respawns, then catch his attention but don't give him a clear line of sight to you. Laugh as he blows himself up.
- Use the multiple companion glitch to get both Butch and Clover. Dress Butch up in The Mechanist's Costume and give him Protectron's Gaze. Dress Clover up in the AntAgonizer's Costume and set her to melee. Let them get all of the kills as you adventure the wastes.
- Punch every single character you meet in the groin till death, then T-bag - RaveDave44
- Eat, Drink, and Inject, everything you have in the "Aid" section of your inventory and go on a killing rampage in the citadel.
- Talk to Biwwy in Little Lamplight
- enslave all available persons in the game!
- Give a backstory to your character.
- Kill a deathclaw, no, an Albino RadScorpion with a BB gun
- Play Mothership zeta and be pissed when half the ship is locked after you beat it >:(
- Thank the lord that you don't need Fawkes anymore
- Tell your friend that they put a non scoped magnum in fallout 3 and watch him live up to his promise of punching himself in the gut.
- Put a grenade in an overlords pocket and watch it die in an entirely pathetic way :D.
- Buy the Pre-War theme for your Tenpenny Suite and fill the bathtub with Pre-War Money and be Scrooge McDuck.
- Shoot your stuffed dog in the face with a Combat Shotgun.
- Sleep with a prostitute. Then kill her. Then kill yourself..
- Shoot mirv strait up in the air in megaton
- Install FOOK, Phalanx, and the old school versions of MMM increased spawns and zones respawn, and fight your way from the Lincoln Memorial to the Behemoth inside the capital building. Then go hang out in Underworld with Patchwork for three days before doing it all over again.
- Pickpocket t-41 power armor to all the kids in little lamplight
- Install FOOK & The Groovatron, Spawn Some Adv.Power Armour MKI (The Fallout 2 Enclave Armour) And Give Every BoS Member At GNR Including Sarah & Vargas The Armour. It Now Looks Like An Enclave Outpost And Is Kinda Scary. Those Helmets Are Weird. Silent.Killa78 07:22, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- Try to figure out why whenever you go to your friends house these obscure glitches happen on his fallout 3.
- Get Fawkes to slay all the people in the Underworld
- Get the parylizing palm and a fisto and punch a Behemoth to buggery
- Get Fully repaired Tesla Armor,then pickpocket one fully repaired suit of Tesla onto everyone in The citadel,then pickpocket all of their old oufits off of them with no stealthboys.
- Collect Lawn Gnomes,basketballs,and every component to every craftable weapon in the game.
- Mod in a Scoped chinese assault rifle with a silencer,no spread,that plasmafies on critical kills with damage of 99-100.
- Finish Fallout 3 only using auto saves.
- Go through Raven Rock completely naked and with no weapons while on very hard.Stimpack 21:10, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Convince Mr Lopez to jump - Last 2 by Chrisb340
- Kill an albino radscorpion with a chinese pistol on very hard with no stims,or food.
- Punch a brahmin across the face. Werewolfhell 19:03, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Go to Megaton, Kill all residents, then T-Bag Deputy Weld --User:Fallout3Maniac
- Kill a Behemoth with the mesmetron. HuangLee 17:50, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
- March into Megaton and kill everyone with a Ripper while screaming "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!" -The Puppet Master
- Punch Amata across the face(You're choice between B*TCH!!! or YO MAI HO!)
- Punch Colonel Autumn includin either or one of the amata phrases
- Punch Fawkes and sa.........I'm sorry it has to end this way friend IMAH FIRIN mAH GATLIN LAZ0RR!!!! x.xdead
- Be dead because of fawkes nawt takin no sheeeit patch
- Punch liberty prime over the face....with a mini nuke
- Be dead again
- Punch Sarah Lyons across the face and then proceed to motorboa......*SLAP*
- Wish you had the pc version of the game just for the sake of hoping there might be a mod that replaces punching with slapping
- And that's the day I bought the deathclaw a prostitute...I love this guy!!!
- Punch Rosko the bear acros.... wait this just in, apparently in America you punch bear, but in Soviet Russia Bear punches you....due to lack of animal friend
- Stawp punching people across the face.....but do it anyways no matter what your friend tells you.friend:*facepalm* *Me:newb you has paralyzing palm. friend:go grab a stimpak
- Wedding crashers abridged version......what it's not punching someone across the face. *loads mininuke* friend: *facepalm*
- blow up every possible eyebotKetija998 13:21, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- blow up every possible carKetija998 13:21, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Me:Maybe on your next account you shouldnt get paralyzing palm
- Punch......I'm outa people to punch...HEY FRIEND I WANA SHOW YOU SUMTHIN
- Take euologues clothes and be a pimpin maniack
- Wonder who the mysterious facepuncher is...Answer:Merpmaster25 has been posting all the above comments all the way up to amata being punched
- Turn/shut off every light that lights your room, dress your character in a Rivet City Security outfit, wield only a 10 mm pistol with lots of magazines, bring a human companion (like Jerico), dress your companion in a pre-war outfit, travel to Dunwich building at night, enter Dunwich bulding, shit bricks.
- Go around in the Wastelands screaming "Garyyyy, Garyyyyyy!"
- Make a Vault Jumpsuit collection!
- Kill some enemies without watching the screen of the TV/Computer
- Get all 8 followers (Butch, Fawkes, SPC, Charon, Jericho, Clover, Sergeant RL-3, and Dogmeat or Dogmeat's Puppy) and take screenshots or digital camera pix of them in various locations around the CW. Then post to your FO wiki homepage. Also experiment with various outfits and looks. WIN! V.A.T.S. addict 21:41, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Lay waste to areas with lots of NPC's and make body pyramids. V.A.T.S. addict 21:41, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Get all possible human companions using the Puppies glitch or the Sergeant RL-3 glitch, equip them all with fat-mans, and then turn fawkes hostile, at max level.
I didn't kill a deathclaw with a rolling pin, I killed a friggin behemoth with one! While wearing Blast off pajamas and a party hat!! :)Mr.Burke 22:11, 18 April 2009 (UTC)Mr.Burke
lol Mr.Burke, that's what i call HARDCORE! Silent.Killa78 >:) 00:16, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- How do you "*Make small settlements"? (I'm playing on Xbox 360 so I don't have access to the console). 126.96.36.199 01:16, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
He means make the settlement look like a raider compound by reverse pickpocketing Raider outfits onto the NPC's in town. LVTDUDE 01:20, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Ooooh okay. Btw is it possible to have a wife in F3 like in Fallout 2? 188.8.131.52 01:22, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Carried the Alien from his crash site all the way to Megaton. Tried for a VERY long time (like a day total) to get him into Megaton. You can't go through the door. Found a way to literally "surf" him up the outside wall onto the area with Stockholm. However the Megaton behind him is the "developmental" as Megaton actually loads when you enter the door. So finally after realizing there was no way to get him inside, I just placed him in the bathtub by the merchants. (Tried sitting him in the little chair to the right of Deputy Weld for hours, but he just wouldn't sit right.)Angelonedge 02:21, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
How to make a Gnome Shrine - First find a gnome, damaged or intact, depending on your taste. Place it in a nice part of your home, then get a chess board. Flip the board over and set it in front of your gnome (This will be the base fore your shrine). Place a skull in the middle of the chess board, with an offering of a harmonica and some pre-war money on each side of the skull. Lastly place a paperweight/whet stone on the back end of the board. This gives the appearance of a small alter were you could set some other misc item to offer to your bearded friend. And there you have it, a Gnome Shrine.
- Lol, okay so this was something I just did one night when I had just finished collecting all the bobble heads and felt like screwing around. On the character I was playing at the time, I had converted the extra room in My Megaton house into a butcher shop basically. Having a small pile of limbs and such in one corner and all my fancy knives and melee weapons arranged nicely. I decided to slip a gnome in the other corner of the room...which added to the creep factor, when I thought back to my hardcore Oblivion days, with the nightmother ritual you can find in someones basement--so I decided to make my own for Fallout. I put together the little shrine for my crazy character. I also hid a bunch of the tiny gnomes from the Sat-Com Array tower around my house. It made it look like I had a bunch of little helpers. It's real fun to do when you've done most of the other stuff on this list, and if someone wants to, post pics if you can...I would have for you all but I'm on the 360. Have fun --Esscex 07:10, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
Spell or draw something on a large scale with frag mines on a flat surface, then go up high and shoot one and see the shape go up in smoke. Try it from the top of Tenpenny Tower or a Satcom Array :) Kind of like a Dommino push, you could even try putting gnome on each mine for a laugh. Gunner Bill 16:00, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
Close bodies half-in and half-out of the Super Mutants' shopping cart cages. You can get the limbs to stretch and distort in some interesting ways. Cutting the limbs off will sometimes leave you with wastelanders with three foot necks. -Lambent Sylar
A couple of weeks ago i found out a really fun one in Dupont Circle. In a section of raider house things there is a pulwouiski preservation shelter, put a raiders body in it and close it on him. they stretch out to like 3m kinda like Lambent Sylar with his shopping carts Silent.Killa78 >:) 08:01, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Use the G.E.C.K. to make a new weapon, like a minigun with five times the normal rate of fire, zero spread, unlimited ammunition, and a scope, then wander around the wasteland turning things into paste.Imp of the Perverse 03:07, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Lmao, a scope on a minigun. Your arms would get pretty tired holding that up to your eye and aiming. --Esscex 07:56, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- It's more logical than a Scoped .44 Magnum. It would make you blind, for Christ's sake! 184.108.40.206 11:03, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
It's possible to customize a .44 magnum with a scope, though.220.127.116.11 15:30, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- I was just picturing something like night vision goggles with a targeting reticle, if you're trying to come up with a plausible way to put a scope on a minigun. The gun's not going to turn with your head, but if it projected a dot onto the target with an I.R. laser, there's probably a way to have the goggle's optics paint a crosshair in the appropriate place, and maybe pan the image to keep the crosshair centered on your field of vision. It would be disorienting, but better than nothing. Oh, and I added the Tenderizer's damage resistance reduction effect, so mirelurks blew up pretty quick.Imp of the Perverse 21:56, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, but it is not advisable. First, it would become clunky to sheath and, in general, carrying around. Second; The Magnum is designed to be a devastating short to middle-range weapon, not a pocket sniper. And lastly, it would be a problem aiming through the scope, unless you want to get the damn thing in the eye when you fire it, while you are in the risk of breaking your fingers due to the recoil of the weirdly held hand weapon... AngryNorwegianDude 16:58, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi, my name is PlasmaFox, and I've studied and used firearms for probably a lot longer than all three of you have, combined. Just to let you know, revolvers have had scopes outfitted on them since the 19th century. Unlike semi-automatic slide-operated pistols, revolvers can mount scopes. Revolvers using heavy-grain, large-caliber bullets like the .44 are generally quite accurate, because the heavy bullet is not affected as much by drag and friction. The extra gunpowder a .44 Magnum cartridge can store usually means revolvers have a higher velocity as well. The reason this is possible is because revolvers store the ammunition in front of the grip, in the cylinder. Semi-automatic, slide-operated pistols, on the other hand, almost universally store cartridges in a magazine that is seated inside the grip. A large, long cartridge would make the grip fairly wide and uncomfortable to wield. Ever try to hold a .44 Magnum or .50 AE Desert Eagle efficiently? I haven't, because I personally loathe the Desert Eagle and it's way too expensive for my tastes, but I can tell you just from watching videos and looking at photos that it's not as easy as it looks in the movies. So, most semi-automatic, slide-operated pistols end up using shorter, smaller cartridges, and thus, they do not have such a heavy bullet or gunpowder for velocity. Which is why it is absolutely perfectly logical to mount a scope on a high-caliber revolver. By the way, you mean "holster", not "sheath". PlasmaFox 17:56, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- As an afterthought, it's also fairly easy to aim down a scope attached to the revolver. What you do NOT want to do is have the scope right up against your eye when you fire, on ANY firearm. I've seen people do that before, and they develop a lovely bruised ring around their eye socket. What you do is just hold it like you normally would hold a firearm, and look down the scope. It might not look like what you see in the movies, but it's never like that. Most people in real life would have the scope 4-6 inches away from their eye. PlasmaFox 18:01, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
OK, Plasmafox. I am sorry and ashamed. I have never actually held a .44 Magnum, the closest I have gotten is a BB Gun (also called an "air rifle" in Norway). Please excuse both my ignorance and my bad choice of words. As you are clearly more experienced than I am, I must pose some questions, just to end this subject (that is my silly, half-assed comment about something I haven't studied): How is the recoil from a Magnum (in comparison to other firearms)? Is a scoped Magnum as reliable as another scoped weapon? How far can a Magnum shoot (maximal target distance)?
Thanks in advance... AngryNorwegianDude 10:53, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
a .44 magnum with a scope is moderately easy to handle as my S&W model 629(stainless steel model 29) has a red dot scope on it. the scope reduces recoil enoughto make it managable.----.44 wanderer
I like challenging my friends. For example, killing a behemoth, without armor or any type of clothing, with your bare hands, and on very hard difficulty. P.S, no one could do it but it was all out of fun.
Game glitched after 14 or so Pre-War money transers. I was super pissed. I had done some other "mods" to my room (360) and shit glitched when I started moving around FO3 Lunchbox (9)... V.A.T.S. addict 06:21, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
Here's my list of fun things to do.
- Take some Jet if you're low on AP, go to the Tenpenny Balcony, jump off, and then turn on V.A.T.S. on a resident with a switchblade (for miminal damage) to prevent fall damage, and then put it away to undo the hostility.
- Go up against a Behemoth with no armor, no aid, a BB Gun (your bare hands do more damage), and headshots only.
- Create a shrine to Nuka-Cola Quantum, and maybe make a pyramid out of only 6 regular Nuka-Colas.
- Build random 3-D objects using Frag Mines.
- Pin the unarmed Behemoth to some part of Evergreen Mills using a Railway Rifle.
- Go up against the Enclave inside the Mobile Base Crawler using your bare fists with weak armor.
- Get up to Stockton, and then push him off the balcony and talk with him. He'll say the same thing he would as if you got up to the balcony.
- Clear out Old Olney with your bare fists and weak armor.
- Finish the Point Lookout story using only the Vault 101 10mm Pistol.
- Side with Ashur in The Pitt and then kill all the slavers after getting rid of Wernher.
- Complete every DLC story using only a BB Gun.
- Go to The Vault Wiki, Fallout 3 General Discussion, and write a list of D3V0NST8R's suggestions of fun things to do.
D3V0NST8R 9:11 P.M., 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- wear the chinese stealth armor, a brohterhood powerhelmet and a Pint-Sized Slasher Mask. Then make funny screenshots and post them here.
- Does making sure your additions to the "Things to do when your bored" thread are not already on said thread and incorporating them into the first list count as Things to do when your bored? V.A.T.S. addict 05:49, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Reverse pickpocket a live grenade into every super mutant in the Capitol Building, all the Enclave troopers at the Adams Air Force Base, and every swampfolk you meet at Point Lookout.
Start a flame war on the wikiFive Star Genral Of The Dead BigDog 14:23, 30 July 2009 (UTC) turn on some banjo music and watch the swamp folk dance.Five Star Genral Of The Dead BigDog 14:24, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Experimental MIRV, Citadel, 'nuff said... WouldYouKindly 12:23, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
Personal Favorite thing to do is go to Evergreen Mills and stealth kill everyone inside the building with a rocket launcher; hell I love to stealth kill everything in the game with explosives grenades, rockets, Nukes it makes me giggle with glee one time i stealth killed the Behemoth in the white house with a Fatman User:Dorianrpg 12:09 8/01/09
I was straightfaced through the entire thing until I read this "Punch every single character you meet in the groin till death, then T-bag" RockandRhyme 02:35, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
I like to give myelf the liberty laser then rampage through rivet city killing eveyone on sight.
Collect random junk like the large teddy bears, pool balls, and other thing and fill you house with crap untill it explodes with crap. Five Star Genral Of The Dead BigDog 00:16, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
put all the frag, plasma, pulse, and bottle cap mines that you've saved up in your travles in one spot at the corvega factory parking lot, get sticky to walk on top of them, grab your combat shotgun and watch him fly to the moon :] Hero of the Wastes 3:35, August 8, 2009
- Reverse-Pickpocket clothing and armor onto the little lamplighters. I have Zip wearing power armor. It's funny and cute to see a mini-paladin running around.
- Afterward, pickpocket their old clothes, then run around the wasteland looking like an adult-child. Pwn a behemoth in scout's clothing.
- Go into a crowded building, kill everyone, then drag their bodies into one room. Throw all your mines on top of the bodies, throw a grenade in, then close the door. Limbs galore.
- OR kill everyone, trying to keep their bodies intact, then use them as dolls.
--Magic Duck 01:58, September 6, 2009 (UTC) use the multiple followers glitches to get every companion then get the big town people to follow you to an abandoned building and set up a base of operations for your charecter compleat with whinny annoying guards and a small army of super soldiers then go wipe out whole citys or eradicate the enclave from any locations you may find them in.
Save at lv 14 and take both the Lawbringer and the contract killer perk and go on a mass murder rampage killing everyone in the game and cashingin their fingers and ears for a hellofa lot of caps.Antily3f 04:38, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
--Lugnut's Leftnut 18:30, September 8, 2009 (UTC) I really enjoy having fun with Harkness. Take out the Guard next to him from a distance and once you go back to hidden time to go play. As Harkness is invincible it's great fun. Once he's unconcious pick him up and chuck him off the rivet city bridge, (but do it quickly before he wakes up)and laugh as he swims around rivet city, with you taking pot shots at him, like shooting fish in a barrel. Throw him slightly back and he land on the lower level of the city and be highly unimpressed about it. Or play harkness bowling, knock him unconcious from a distance, quick switch to a grenade (or other explosive device) and try and land it on him and see how far you can make him fly. I've managed to "bowl" him off the bridge onto the rocks below. --Lugnut's Leftnut 18:30, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Wasteland Safari...
Walk across the map hacking apart every person you find with athe dismemberer, tAntily3f 03:48, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
Store all your weapons, armour and ALL your equptment in your player house then fast travel to a war-zone, (like the capitol building) and attempt to survive the 3 way battle while scavenging the basic armour and weapons from the talon company mercs Mr Smiles
Talk to Bingo "Bingo?" "BIngo." Bingo?" BINGO!"
Take off all my clothes and beat everything i see to death with my bare hands Banana420
Fun with weapons:
- Create the Rock-It Launcher, take the Bloody Mess perk and shoot everyone using Teddy Bears.
- Create the Shishkebab, attack someone in a gas leak and watch yourself explode.
- Create the Railway Rifle and pin weapons, body parts, various items in your house.
- Create a Nuka Grenade on yourself while in first person, trying not to die.
- Create a Bottlecap Mine and throw it down Tenpenny Tower.
- Create the Deathclaw Gauntlet and attack a Deathclaw using it.
- Create the Dart Gun and shoot darts on Wasteland Survival, poisoning them to death.
- Use an Energy Weapon, kill a Behemoth with a critical hit, then watch it reduce to a pile of dust.
- Best of all: use the G.E.C.K. to modify the Gauss Rifle, increasing his distance to infinity, change the settings of the game to give you infinite view, then use the Rifle to S.P.A.V. Deputy Weld from the Washington Monument. Then laugh and watch your game crash. Brabantis
Uncover the map marker for vault 87, then give the mapping data to riely, only to discover that she pays the usual ammount for it. hack her to pieces with the dismemberer screaming "you know how much F#$king trouble i went through to get that!!?" then T-bag
- Mod a minigun with 100x the fireing rate, make it fire unlimitedly, then make it fire full sized nukes, if the wastelands gotten boring for you...start another nuclear holocaust! then if you dont like the new world, do it all over again, viva la revolution!Toolazytomakeaaccount 18:57, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Stack a bunch of items into a big pile or pyramid, then shoot them with a minigun!
- Start a new game and only kill when it's necessary to finish a quest.
- Try being neutral throughout the entire game, and try focusing on skills you never focused on before, like explosives or unarmed, or whatever you're not used to.
Create a new Charecter and only use Mines to kill your enimes its a bitch to do but funny when a shit load of supermutants get blown to bits in a tiny dooor way. Antily3f 16:50, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
- Play Dragon Age: Origins. LVTDUDE 18:10, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Get naked except for a ghoul mask. Then kill everyone with a deathclaw gauntlet and eat them like a zombie.
- Cage house guests with the Raider Theme. I caged Sticky next to a locker in my megaton home and gave him the ghoul mask. BAD Sticky! Wadsworth was trapped in the one upstairs. Too bad it won't work with Bumble... : P Chung Shui 03:33, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Unleash the full force of the Chinese commando's against Betty in Tranquility Lane. Try pick-pocketing all their ammo first :)
Just before exiting the door...
"Hate to love you and leave you Betty, but how's an eternity of being a punching bag for 7 Chinese Commando's?"
"What goes around comes around, they say."
05:30, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
Gather Together Every npc in the game that can be ordered to follow you take them all to Megaton. Tell them to wait. And ....... BLOW THEM ALL TO HELL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1!!! Sheepbiter 11:57, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Start on the far East end of the map and head west. Pretend your name is Eli and you have an important book with you...-Calicocidd
- Run around Megaton with some guy's head and throw it at people.
- "accidently" Fire a mini-nuke at Fawkes
- Try to take down a behemoth with your fists and no armour (could work with the right skills and perks!)
- Kill someone:P
Play another game....Azzaman 04:35, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Damn right. --Cartman! 00:11, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Try to kill everything with a BB Gun.
- Do "Wasteland Safari." with Tenpenny
- ROLE-PLAY AS STUFF! :D ... I once Role-played has a Mole Rat..
I JUST WASTED HALF N HOUR OF ME LIFE READING ALL THIS LOL................spose i may as well add one now..........................start off with a giant teddy put it on the bottom floor of your house and then try to alphabetically place items from largest to smallest ontop of the teddy to create a tower until it reaches out your chimney and the wind carries the switcheblade ontop of the pile right into the atomic bom thus killing that dumn atom worshipper that tells you to go radiate and ghou;ify yourself in the atoms water oh and i spose itll kill everyone else to (not everythings perfect XD)
My favorite things to do when bored in FO3 is:
Remove my PC's clothes(and since I have a body mod, that's completely nude), then have a swim in the Tidal Basin post Take it Back!.
Grab an AK47, a suit of power armor, 300 rounds and a frag grenade, then play a round of CSS with some raiders.
Use a crowbar on a Behemoth
Browse fallout3nexus for more mods to install
Ponder the awesomeness of being able to retrieve some proper music(Think Metallica, Alice in Chains, etc etc) in a quest(Maybe even involving a trip to Nashville?)
Wonder why my game crashed this time
Dude, seriously, do us all a favor and don't post any more gigantic screenshots. Just add the link next time. I changed it over for you this time. Knight Captain Ski (talk) 15:46, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
I didn't know this place took a raw URL and hotlinked the full image from it. I thought it just put a clicakble link. Geez. TestECull 16:19, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Go find a bunch of Deathclaws, shoot them all with the dart gun, then lure them around the wasteland, killing everything in their path.
- Cripple your legs and walk around in third person.
- Talk with Uncle Leo
- Kill Uncle Leo
- create a mine feild in megaton on top of the sheriff's house then shoot someone from the balcony and wait for them to come up to fight you
- Kill everyone in Vault 101 during Escape and stay there, never leave. It's a shame that Blobbersberries can't get the signature to work so this'll do. 00:24, June 17, 2010 (UTC) I only take credit for this bullet.
Play the game and act dramatic, pretend you are actually being chaced by a deathclaw.Patriot guy 00:31, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Epic thread. Get all 8 followers (Butch, Fawkes, SPC, Charon, Jericho, Clover, Sergeant RL-3, and Dogmeat or Dogmeat's Puppy) and take screenshots or digital camera pix of them in various locations around the CW. Then post to your FO wiki homepage. Also experiment with various outfits and looks. WIN!
- For bonus points involve temporary followers like the Falls Church Paladin, Red, etc.V.A.T.S. addict 21:38, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
Cow-Tipping: Crouch, unequip weapons, put your fists away, press A. HAHAHAHAHA BRILLIANT :D
Go around killing people with a Combat Shotgun WITHOUT bloody mess, while sneak, and watch the backflips!
Spend several days in the Washington Monument going outside then pushing back the attacking super mutants. This is super fun! Sombar1
Have your fallower wait at the base of a cliff then kill yourself by jumping on top of them. also try having a fallower wait in old olney before you have killed all the deathclaws. oh and make sure that your fallower has no equipment and keep them between you and the deathclaws mmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa..........................Rohtvak
everyone should try rock climbing when bored.........................................Rohtvak
Crush a Radroach with a sledgehammer, and it will likely explode. Mcelf
- Have a cage match with the evergreen mills super mutant behemoth using only your fists !!!!!!
- Find the car hanging over a cliff, spawn or push an NPC onto it and blow it up/push it off.
Kill Dogmeat. It took me 3 tries to do this. I took out my missile launcher, hit him 20 times, he didn't die. I took out my Super Sledge, hit him 10 times, took out my CAR and shot him 450 times. Not dead. Take out my Tesla Cannon and shout 180 suckers at him. Not Dead, but close. Take out my MIRV and shoot him one time with 8 mini-nukes. Finally, he dies. Just in case, I take out my Silenced 10mm pistol. He's dead :D The Unknown User 03:12, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
I cant't trump play Fallout 3 & New vegas or edit Nukapedia.. I guess I'll say " Drink to much & eat colby jack cheese.. It's OK I'm not lactose intolerance & believe it or not I actually am more respectful and tolerant the longer I avoid sleep in favor of drinking and cheesy goodness.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 19:01, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
Play Fallout New Vegas. Duh. Sombar1 04:27, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
Get dogmeat as soon as you leave the vault, level up to max with him, get the explorer perk, then explore the entirety of the wasteland with him.
Watch the Enclave killing a Deathclaw and remain hidden and unharmed.
- Create a Brotherhood of Steel specific texture for the T-51b power armor.
- Import the New Vegas Grenade Machinegun, and give it the same Explosion type as a Mini-nuke
- Do the same with a grenade, remove the LOS limitation, turn on God Mode, and do the ol' Shady Sands Shuffle in a crowded area.
- Use the console to send Sally (Mothership Zeta) to Little Lamplight - or even better, Space walk - so you can enjoy your nice ship in peace.
- Make a "stealth" gun that does 1 damage, but has a projectile with the effects "Reduce Health" and "Attack Health" - both modified to be non hostile and painless - both with a magnitude of 35, and a duration of 10 sec. Fire, and watch Super mutant overlords drop dead in mid stride, while trying to find/attack you.
- Give yourself bobby pins and 100 lockpick at the beginning of the game, so you can go exploring, before having to come back and sit through the "Waters of Life" speech from James.
- Kill everybody in Vault 101, then spend the next hour or so "cleaning up" - both bodies and clutter, with the disable command.
- (These are all FONV) Go to Cottenwood cove and the Fort at level one, and kill Caesar with a BB gun.
- Make fun of the guy whoo stutters at Camp Mcaraan.
- Ok, so I start the quest "Beyond the beef" with my retarded (1 intelligence) courier. Go to Mortimer zt the Ultra-Luxe. Courier"(Speech 5/72) I ated peaples too to fill my hungries. Mmm Mm good. Now where is missing persons?" Mortimer"(FAILED) WHATA RUDE AQUASITION! I should kick you out just for saying that!
- Do the Shady Sands shuffle.
- Drink nuka cola quarts, and look at your glowing urine.
- Get iradiaded.
- Lure a deathclaw into Westside, and when they all bucnh up, shoot a mini-nuke.
- Get mad you cant jump off of Hoover Dam
- Go brahmin-tipping
- Use mister sandman to kill sleeping children.
- Teabag Caesar, then canibalize his corpse.
- Have an itelectual conversation with "Mean Sonofabitch" in Westside.
- Play Old World Blues
- Kill the floating brains by punching them with "your many penised hands."
- Flirt with your brain
- Lock yourself I the Siearra Madre vault
- Refresh yourself. Drink some nightstalkers squeezin's
- Reverse pickpocket very revealing clothing on female character s
- Make fun of Christiine when you find out she is mute.
- Stare at the nightkin in Jacobstown.
- Blow everything up with a fat man
- Grab a console command and spawn hundreds of feral ghouls, apocalypse!
- Keep a stopwatch ready, and find out how long it takes to walk from one end of the Wasteland to the other
- Make it your life goal to rid the Wasteland of all weapons by pickpocketing them from everyone you see. (You can do this by taking their ammo and reloading a cell or by reverse pickpocketing a gun and a bit of ammo on an enemy if they are using a melee weapon)
- You know That thing? The "Experimental MIRV"? USE IT ON EVERYTHING
- Get Lincoln's Repeater and blow some heads up!
- Place mines in Megaton and watch the fireworks!
- Use the "Experimental MIRV" in the Citadel or Megaton
- I killed a behemoth with only my bare fists in 2 punches; the first one stunned him the second took off the entire bar of his health - Dix N. Cider