Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I tried but the explanation is too hard to understand.
If possible, can someone fo a video, pictures or a better explanation?
unfortunately its a random event,it can happen anywhere buddy,not just there,i got the ufo crash soon as went to the chryslus building on my first game,not had it at all on my second playthrough--Bluemax 12:28, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
I've played a gazillion hours and I'm on my second play through. I've been at level 20 for quite a while and I've never once witnessed the crash. Every once in a while I'll hear an explosion off in the distance and think, "maybe this time!" I'll run in the direction of the sound, either to find nothing, or a sentry bot that fired a missile at a radscorpion. My first character only had a 6 in Luck, but my newest one has a 10, so I keep hoping. LVTDUDE 19:15, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
I've gotten it a bunch of times, I've noticed that with 10 luck at lvl 9 it's completely impossible to trigger the event (did it in a place where I'd receive it before, reloaded over 200 times, saw random events but never the crash. Doing that on lvl 14 triggered the event after just twenty tries, I'm not sure if you can do it earlier than 14, someone should test it and figure out what the minimum level prerequisite is. You actually can get it at 8... i did AshRandom (Talk) 19:20, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Does a random encounter only happen once? i.e. if I have been to rockopolis, can I go there and trigger the random event, or do I have to go to an area with a random event that I haven't been to yet? - Ashran111 21:15, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- As far as all testing has indicated, the UFO-explosion ("Firelance") encounter is a one-time only encounter. Once you get it, you can't get it again. That being said, I know the level requirement (if there is one) is not very high. I got the explosion the first time I approached the Super Duper Mart at around level 4, and found alien power cells all over the place. Took nearly an hour to find the Firelance, though. Snicker 21:38, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- I tried testing with a relatively new character (to insure I hadn't missed the event) that hadn't been to Anchorage Memorial. Per a video I saw here, I started my test from the pier at Wilhelm's Wharf with a quick save, swam across the river and run up to the steps of memorial. Once I confirmed no crash, I reloaded.
- With a 6 Luck, I ran the test about 100 times and never saw the crash
- With a 7 Luck, I ran the test about 60 times and got the crash.
- With an 8 Luck, I ran the test about 50 times and got the crash.
- When I got the crash at 7 Luck, I think that was my first time ever spawning the event. I made sure that as soon as I heard the "incoming missile" type of sound that I saved my game. This ended up being a big plus because with each reload the ammo would fall differently, meaning that sometimes it was much easier to find the 24. I was disappointed to find that each ammo is a single shot (unlike the ammo at the Alien Crash Site or the overturned truck West of Jury). --Geministorm 14:14, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
I've heard a high luck does increase your chances of getting the Firelance to occur. Have only had it happen once with many playthroughs and TONS of hours just roaming to find every locale. And trust me you'll know it when you see/hear it. Someone described it like a missle launcher being shot. I was like that too, hearing explosions all the time thinkin I had missed it. Not at all, when you hear it you'll know. Definitely a different sound than anything else I've heard in the game. Got mine at the Anchorage Monument. Just walked outside after killing Mirelurks and heard a crazy sound, kindova "WTF was that moment." --Oblivion13 22:14, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
I started a new game and I was level 2 and I went to Super Duper Mart and got it. Unfortunatly all the goods landed on the roof so I had to reload my save only to not get it again :( DipCheese 05:27, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
- I got mine when I was level 14, and I was running away from a Deathclaw (not very smart, but this was the first time I saw a deathclaw), and then the I heard the explosion and I was like WTF!?, turned around, and got killed by the deathclaw. I've never gotten the firelance event ever again :( Crimmastermind 06:58, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
There's ALWAYS a random event there. I've had the Firelance event on one playthrough. ANother playthrough, I get a vertibird flight overhead. Another playthrough I got the cannibal hunters. On another profile I got the friendly radscorpion. The thing is, for each character, you only get a SPECIFIC event (at least it was for me) at Rockopolis. Example: No matter how many times I saved/reloaded/triggeredtheevent, it was ALWAYS the SAME one for that particular playthrough. I tried triggering the UFO crash on my second playthrough/character and after about twenty tries and seeing that stupid helicopter buzz me I gave up. Same thing with the the cannibals. The fourth character I tried it with, just blew away the radscorp because she was pissed off she couldn't get the FireLance. :D
Feeling you dude, bugged the shit out of me a lot, probably like these guys...I had my share of searching; probably took me maybe 30-40 tries where i would intentionally visit random encounter locations in hope to see the crash. I've noted popular spots which most people get their luck, like Rockopolis, outside super-duper mart, or by the training grounds near Dunwich building (which is where i got mine). My luck was pretty high, 9 or a 10 I'm sure with perks, level 20 of course...although they could happen anywhere [here]. Because we love physics, no crash will be original..so, hypothetically, you could find the gun itself post-crash from under 30 seconds to an hour. I took my time when it landed in the wilderness to make certain I didn't miss anything; was out there for about a whole game day. My alien blaster is actually a little stronger then the firelance for for me though, i just wanted it for the fuck of it. Oh and if you think you've missed it because of all the other explosions you hear, trust me, this one is pretty damn unique, large irregular burst of smoke in the sky, with an ear piercing sound of the crash. Just be patient.
Xdarkdragonx 06:38, 3 April 2009 (UTC) Dragon
I've never had the event on my game but when i was on a friends game walking to radio tower for the pitt i heard the explosion and i was like ahh no fair and i havent seen it ever again
Ok, I think I've got a surefire way to get you your Firelance. And by surefire I mean it will indeed happen "eventually" but you have to have some patience. Please, others try this to confirm my method. I had a luck of 10 so I don't know if that matters or not. Have done it with 3 completely different characters now so it works but it can take quite a long time. First, you need to find Kaelyn's Bed&Breakfast and do it without finding Vault 106 which is REALLY close by. Kill all the raiders in the house and the ones down by the bridge. Now fast travel to Wherever you made your home be it Megaton or Tenpenny. Then fast travel back to the Bed&Breakfast. Then just walk south, will seem like north since fast travel has you facing the right direction to go, until you trigger the random event at the vault. It's basically the same method as going towards Rockopolis except the vault is uber close so it takes no time at all to find out if you're gonna get the Firelance event or not. Here's the trick though. If you dont get it, and many times you won't, re-load your autosave. The game autosaves everytime you fast travel at the location you fast travel from. Just reload the autosave and that way you won't get stuck with the same event. I got the 3 ghouls many times, the scavenger with the Yao Guai, blah blah blah. You get the idea. Key is to have patience and eventually you WILL get the Firelance. Only reason this one is better than the Rockopolis event is the speed with which you can do it, reload, and then try again. So hope that helps. :) --Oblivion13 00:18, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- To add onto what Oblivion said here, the UFO Explosion event can happen anywhere there is a triggered event, the object is finding one that you can reach easily and quickly (for reloading and re-running) at a minimal distance from your save point. Figuring out where and when the event gets generated can be tricky, but ideally it would be at minimum distance from your save point so you could do this as quickly as possible. I can confirm that standing on the southern-most pier of Wilhelm's Wharf and then swimming across the river or standing at the telephone booth at the Arlington/Wasteland Flooded metro and running across the bridge, will generate a new event at the Anchorage War Memorial. Those are both south of the Super Duper Mart and are pretty easy to access to new characters if you want to try and get the Firelance early on and you haven't been to the Anchorage Memorial yet. Also, directly upon exiting Vault 101, you could run around behind the hill of rocks to the barn North of the Vault 101 exit and trigger an event, but that area can have some tough spawns for a low level (I've had raiders and Yau Gai show up) and I can't quite tell where the border for the cell is to make the save. --Geministorm 17:04, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
I triggered the event at level 2 near the flooded metro and the Red Racer factory with 9 luck.User:Kill the overseer!
Ive heard over 100 explosions but have never found any alien power cells or the firelance it is driving me insane.--DSKs Sickness 1 18:47, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Will the exploded area be perminently radiated?
I finally triggered the event at Rockopolis based on the advice above. Im sure now that I missed it many times in my other playthroughs because the explosion was not "super-powered" to me; much less than the typical nuclear car explosion from where I was standing. Only the trail of smoke in the sky and Dogmeat allowed me to find it, and I was a split second away from reloading. No wonder this event is frustrating for many. In doubt, use the dog. And I think night time is better to see the smoke.User:Valamyr