Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
I, Victor the Securitron, hereby request the title of chat moderator on this Fallout Wiki.
A Little About Me
All of you voting must know who I am by now. I've been an active participant on this wiki since my joining in May of 2011, except for an absence during the first half of the winter of 2011-2012, which was out of my control. Since my first day here I've tried to be kind, patient, and loving to my good friends here in this community, and welcoming to all new users, so long as they follow the basic rules of conduct. I'm not much of a mainspace editor (I have about 120 article edits as of this writing, more than double the chat moderator requirements), but when I do contribute, I like to think its meaningful. I also like to think that I have many friends on this wiki, and that I am a well respected user within the chat community.
But Vic, What Makes You Think You Can Be Chat Mod?
When I joined this wiki, the great team of admins took care of all the vandal problems we had. It of course ran smoothly. Then chat was introduced. I proudly say that I was on this wiki's chat since the day it was put up, and I know my way around the way it works. I remember when the very first chat mods were picked, and I was even used as a "target dummy" for PipMan to practice banning on, just so he could know what he was doing. I was more than willing to help the community along then, and I feel the same way now. Since the Vault moved, it feels as though there has been a power vacuum to me, even though there hasn't been. But I still feel that we are one chat moderator short at the least. Just before the time of writing, a user, a troll, came in chat and started posting irrelevant spam of a very offensive nature, and we had to put up with it for a good two or three minutes before a moderator was phoned and the troll was put in his place. I also fill a gap not covered by the other mods. I try to be active between 11pm GMT and 7am GMT, the tail of that is a time period not covered regularly by other users that have the power to put these trolls in their place. I think that this last gap needs to be covered as a precaution.
To those of you who say we have enough moderators and admins, I refer you to both the incident from before the time of writing, and a situation that stands out clearly in my memory. A certain user here, who was very well known for sockpuppetry and trolling, decided to visit us again the summer of 2011. He made it his task to vandalize as many pages as he could before being banned. But one user, at that time a regular editor, was willing and able to stand up to him and revert all the edits he made. I cannot remember how long it took in hours and minutes, but about 53 pages were vandalized before an admin coincidentally logged on and had the user banned. I don't want anything like that happening in the chat I call home, and the gap that exists, one I can help fill, is enough to convince me that it might. So I ask you, my friends and colleagues, will you help me cover this gap, and help stop the trolls?
In chat, I've been nicknamed the "chat bouncer". Even now, as a regular editor, when someone breaks a rule in an obvious manner I usually ask them to stop before the mods do (usually during fights that involve name calling or insults and spam), and I do my best to uphold the rules here. However, I would like the tools to really make my point clear that I won't tolerate rule breakers in the chat.
My edit count
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||0|
|User blog comment||214|
I am usually on chat from 11pm GMT to 7am or 8am GMT every day. There would be few limitations on these, because although I live in New Jersey, I'm one hell of a night owl when it comes to staying up. So you can expect me at those hours about every day. During school breaks you can see me on all day pretty much, starting around maybe 4 or 5pm GMT.
So, how about it?
- yes Vic is a great user. Makes good edits, and even wrote the Hopeville page himself. He's friendly and would be a great addition to the team. ToCxHawK 04:09, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Victor the Securitron has indeed proven himself for moderator. His edits and contributions are appreciated by other members and always welcome, Which is why I would think he is worthy of becoming a moderator.--Nukalurk15 04:22, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes This is actually LONG overdue, and I can confirm Vic's hours as I see him in there almost every day. I approve this message :3 Good luck Vic! -- Bacon-Man Talk to me goose! 04:18, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Victor is an excellent contributer and he uses chat often. He enforces the rules but is still a very fun guy. Weirdowithcoffee 04:32, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Vic is lucky, I barely choose a side...--The7thCourier 04:50, March 18, 2012 (UTC)The7thCourier
- yes The Old World Relics Vic knows all the rules and regulations, but more important knows how to properly apply them. He also continuously contributes to the wiki. I'd put complete faith in Vic as a Chat Mod.
- neutral Well obviously you would make a great chat mod but im still in two minds about it seeing as we pretty much have enough chat mods as it is, i need to think on this one im afraid.TheNemesisx 07:41, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes This is the one I have been waiting longest for, so you have my unconditional vote without hesitation. Φύλαξ [~μίλησε μου~] 12:03, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes right personality, level of maturity, and in a period that needs more mods. Agent c 13:12, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Limmiegirl Talk! ♪
- yes He seems reasonable enough, is there quite often, and is a likeable guy.--Emiko~<3 17:49, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes -ΣΔLet's talk! 21:52, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- yes EBTalk
I like you Vic, as an editor and a person, but I feel we have enough chat mods as it is. I think it's time we slow the influx of applications at this point. Pony of the East 02:57, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I've had a change of heart. We need more level-headed people such as yourself in these times. Pony of the East 02:09, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
- yes See below I have a few questions. The Australian Kiwi 17:03, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Vic is great editor and has been around for ages both in and out of chat. I know he'd make a great chat mod Richie9999 22:59, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Vic will ban you for smelling bad. BILLYOCEAN Wanna talk? 01:55, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
- yes You know you've got my vote, Victor, now, if only I knew how to vote...LOL Nebenthe 20:08, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
Notice that I added Yes-Man's endorsement myself. That was because he added his endorsement to my talk page earlier today for me to add here, and I used that instead of having him type something out himself. That should clear up any confusion as to why it may look like I may have falsified it. Victor the Insane Cowboy Robot
- Yeah, I wasn't sure when he was going to make the request so I just left the endorsement on his talk page to add it himself. It's all legitimate. 04:27, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
I think you'd make an excellent chatmod, Vic. Keep up the good work. Weirdowithcoffee 04:33, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Weirdo, the issue at hand isn't whether or not he'd make a good one (which I'm sure we all know he would), it's whether or not there is actually a NEED for another chat mod. It's a bit of a close call, but I've thought more about it these past few hours and I stand by what I said earlier about there being need for coverage in Vic's time slot. -- Bacon-Man Talk to me goose! 07:57, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
Well, I might as well start off the war in the comments that happens on every application for everything in saying that I'm guessing that this is gonna be a close call. I just want everyone to know that my vote isn't a 'popularity vote'. I voted quickly because I knew the answer as soon as he told me he'd applied. Victor is fair, and generally (oh you know none of us are all that patient with people who tend to be annoying) patient when it comes to obnoxious people that are on the border of rulebreaking. I am on for about the last half of his chat time, and never have I seen Vic even come close to breaking a rule. Sometimes when I'm on at those hours, Vic (should this application and mine be approved) and I would be the only moderators in the chat, which seems great to me because I tend to get caught up in editing and I may miss something that happens and I'd have Vic to cover for me. Right now I can't think of anyone who would do a better job at this than Vic would. Good luck Nash, you truly deserve this. -- Bacon-Man Talk to me goose! 04:33, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
Vic, I know we discussed it last night, but could you please include your "regular hours" and any limitations, if any, on these. From what I recall your expected hours were more or less the same as Toci, I believe there is demand in this window, particularly toward the end, for a moderator after Toci. Agent c 13:10, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Done and done. Victor the Insane Cowboy Robot 17:43, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I have no doubt you'll make a good mod but you said your hours were from 11-7am. I had a look at about 7am then at about 7.30 to see if you were online but didn't see you there, also when I looked we had Toc and Scar in chat so it didn't seem like we needed another mod. Sorry for rambling, I haven't even asked the question yet :P I will support your request if I see you in chat in the morning. My question is: If Toc becomes a moderator, do you think there will still be a gap for you to fill? The Australian Kiwi 17:10, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
- I appreciate your concern about that. I've been rather rough time in my life as of late, so I haven't had as much time here as I would like. When things blow over I will be on more, no doubt. Also, Toc is just a patroller now, meaning he has no chat powers. every time slot should be manned by at least two people, and him being a mod would be one, I would be the other. Victor the Insane Cowboy Robot 22:21, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Good answer, you have my vote when you have more of an opportunity, just make sure you're in that slot mainly due to it being the weak spot at the moment. The Australian Kiwi 21:20, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
Congrats, you are now a chat mod. Please do good with it!--Kingclyde 04:05, March 25, 2012 (UTC)