| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
Hello fellow Fallout fans! My name is Kingclyde and I am formally requesting bc status via a vote of the people of the wikia. I have been an active editor since February 14, 2009 and have been an admin since late 2009. I have participated in several of the wikia's projects such as the NPC project and the Weapons project. I decided that once this fork happened that it would be unwise to leave such a large and still growing community without someone who has experience with the wikia and it's various protocols. I will commit myself to helping this wikia grow with any new fallout games and to maintain it's database. I will also help the community in as many ways as possible.
Background about myself
Just a little background about myself and any relevant skills. I am a 36 year old guy who works on computers and has played a crazy amount of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. My time on the other two Fallout games is limited. I was a technical editor at one of my former jobs so I have a natural inclination towards editing. I am currently a bc at the Wolfenstein wikia and have spent more time here on this wikia than any other. I also used to hold LAN parties for several years.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||52|
|User blog comment||29|
This is a list of the projects that I had a role in or currently have a role in:
- The item page overhaul project
- The bug verification project
- The policy and guidelines project
- The Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project
- The weapon recategorization project
- Several small projects that I have started such as fixing redirects and various other miniscule items.
- Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game.
- Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game.
- Fallout 3.
- Fallout: New Vegas.
- yes Fully support it. Message 22:33, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- yes -- Almighty Higgey (talk page) 22:33, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- yes EBTalk 22:34, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Mr. Vault Saturn
- yes We need at least one active B-Crat around here, and Clyde is the most suitable for the position.
- yes Great that you're staying, we need active bureaucrats! SigmaDelta54 23:29, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Good we'll have someone experienced at the helm Agent c 00:05, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Hopefully all the admins (myself included) get around to becoming bureaucrats. --Kastera (talk) 00:59, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- yes --The Gunny 03:06, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- yesToCxHawK 04:07, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- yes-- 05:52, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- yes I'm glad to see an admin willing to step into the spotlights. You're taking on a pretty big responsibility. Good luck! Jspoel 11:37, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Sure you'll do my favourite games wiki justice :) DoNamesMatter? 19:30, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- yes yes yes Three votes for a B-cat who liked Fallout 3! (Bursts in room singing: FOOOOOOOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW) Person of Refinement 19:40, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Reckon you'll do a good job mate! KiwiBird 07:52, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Absolutly, the only reason I could see a reason not to is because you have litte experence with the earlier Fallout games but that is a minor nickpick. The fact that you are willing to step up added to the fact that you are a great editor gives me great confidence that you are perfect for the job. --RAM 08:03, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- yesAs one of the few remaining serious admins, you have my full support Grammarlad(talk)
- yes Definitely Þe Guardian/My talk page-[Via the bot] 20:56, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- yes I have been here for over two years, have seen your contributions, and fully support your nomination. Lord Herilius 01:12, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Michael haze 02:17, December 7, 2011 (UTC) Got my vote
- yes Excellent qualifications and since some of the bureaucrats might be leaving I'm all the happier to give you my vote! SigmaDelta54 02:23, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
- yes HELL NO 7000 ARTICLE EDITS IS NOT ENOUGH, I WONT 1 BILLION lmao jokes you have my vote clyde. The Netherealm awaits for you 02:25, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
Any comments on whether or not I should be an bc should go here. Thanks for reading this.
Maybe ~ But I don't see a need.
I don't want to vote for or against Kingclyde until he or she interacts more. This is a name I don't see on the chat page. I don't see Kingclyde in the blogs much. If I knew this Kingclyde better I might think better about the "nomination" but as it is ~ I don't see a need for more mods, admins & or absentee Bureaucrats. If Kingclyde makes an effort & joins in more chats & or topics like a real player then I might lend a vote.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 02:59, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Just in my defense, I don't blog because I really see no need for it. When I started here we never had blogs, thus when they became available I never used them. As for chat, when I do pop in it is almost empty. I have seen you in chat before and have interacted with you several times. The main issue is that I work and I cannot have a chat window open. They got on me about the wikia during "work hours" but it does not impact my production so they let that go. As for the absentee bc's, we no longer have bc's. They have been demoted to admin status. I am currently an admin so it's not like I'm an average joe who just walked in wanting a bc position. And judging by the amount of actual page edits (not talk pages or user talk pages) that alone shows that I am a "real player" (not sure what was implied there but I think that covers it). I'm not trying to gain more power or something similar, it is just that this wikia is in it's transitional phase and it needs leadership that is experienced. I believe I qualify in that respect. I will make an effort to be in chat more, but as for the blogs, I never seen much to it. Plus it looks like we have someone who wants to do the weekly digest. Thanks for making your concerns heard. If you don't want to cast a vote yes or no, there is the neutral vote as well.--Kingclyde 05:31, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for the reply Kingclyde I just need to be clear. QUOTE "As for the absentee bc's, we no longer have bc's. They have been demoted to admin status. I am currently an admin so it's not like I'm an average joe who just walked in wanting a bc position."
- You say there are no more Bureaucrats & you are already an admin.. You are not trying to gain more power or something similar..
- OK, I'll take you at your word there but this all begs the question. What would you do if promoted that you can't already do as an admin ?
- You said: " we no longer have bc's. They have been demoted to admin status."
- What exactly is this promotion you are asking us to vote for ?
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 06:25, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- We do not have bc's because they left. The main difference between an admin and a bc is one can appoint bc and other minor functions. The position of a bc is more of a leadership role. I wish to fill this role and help the wikia continue to accel in quality and in various other aspects that make this wikia different from the rest. A wikia without a bc is like a corporation without a CEO. (Poor example but it is just a basic one) Like I said, this is not a "power grab" but I am attempting to fill rather big shoes that have left this wikia. As I have a great deal of experience with this wikia and others I feel I am one of the few that are qualified for this.--Kingclyde 07:52, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Not to speak out of turn, I haven't been incredibly active here and am relatively new: even if Kingclyde became a Bureaucrat for *purely* aesthetic reasons he'd still get my full support. Those of us choosing to remain and sift through the rubble deserve a leader of sorts, even if it's just for psychological reasons. All due respect, but a venerable and even-handed editor like Kingclyde (as his record clearly demonstrates) should pretty much be handed the job, power-play or no (which begs the question: who is it he'd be wresting power from, exactly?)Person of Refinement 06:50, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
Back to the point It's not a thing against Kingclyde in any way.
- I just don't see the need for any more mods here. Too many chiefs & not near enough Registered Indians by my count.
- Now if we had a leader who would block the spamming flood of anons to "READ ONLY", then that would be a leader I'd go out of my way to fallow.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 08:11, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- But we aren't getting any new admins. We're just bumping one up to fill the gap left since the others were removed as bureaucrats. Message 08:14, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, he's the deal on the two points made above, first to block spamming anons I would have to block all anons, which is not a good thing for the wikia. Anons do contribute a fair amount to this wikia and forcing people to make an account for one edit will discourage people from editing here. Remember we just lost a good chunk of our editors to this fork. And on the first point, I am an actual "registered native american" (we aren't from india). :)--Kingclyde 11:43, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
Why did SaintPain remove a bunch of yes votes?
Can those go back up immediately, please?Person of Refinement 06:38, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
WHAT ? No I doubt it.. IF it is so, it was not on purpose ~ But before anyone pulls a Florida hanging chad & adds votes.. I say look into it.
- To the best of my knowledge & good intent, all I edited was my own comments.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 07:41, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- It looks like you accidentally removed them. One of the votes was cut off in the middle of a word, in fact - a tell tale sign of an accident. I reverted it. No worries. Person of Refinement 07:44, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
Damn.. I never mean harm. This is yet another reason I don't seek a mod post here. Oh well.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 07:58, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- He didn't, he removed his comment from above the vote section that was also duplicated in the comment section. 12:39, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually (just being anal) he'd accidentally removed all of the text after the letter "t" in the word "bureaucrats" at the end of the comment in Kastera's vote. I undid it. Person of Refinement 07:41, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
So who's Out & Who's boosting on the next bc coat tails ?
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 09:21, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I think what I'm seeing is you feel that there is too much "control" here and it doesn't sit well with you. Just a guess. Please review this for a more accurate view of our current active list. I'm sorry if you have any ill feelings towards admins/bc's or if anyone may have done wrong to you, for that I am truly sorry but we cannot be leaderless during a transitional phase. Three admins maybe four are active, the bc's are gone as well as everyone else (admin-wise). I honestly fail to see why a promotion is such a bad idea to you.--Kingclyde 11:34, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
In Short; after the split no B/c's answered the call when publicly the question was asked "Are you here". We're left with a rump admin list and filling at least one B/c role is essential for wiki management in the medium to long term. The only special access a B/c gets over the admin is the ability to promote so I don't really see any controversy in an existing admin moving up. Maybe there's an argument for all admins being bumped but noone else as of yet has applied for the jobAgent c 14:03, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I am glad with this request. We need someone to take over the leadership role and I think Kingclyde is the best suited candidate at this moment. Jspoel 17:07, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
"Boosting on the next bc's coattails?" Look, SaintPain, I don't know Kingclyde from Adam and I don't expect him to know me, I'm just going based on his record and the glowing endorsements of other admins here. Since the old vanguard left, and bless their hearts for creating this place and all this awesome content, I've been excited to take part in building a new culture here - specifically one just a wee more accepting of change (that's a broad brush but you know what I mean). A new, reliable bureaucrat is basically square-freaking-one. Person of Refinement 07:51, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
Kingclyde is the only one who wants to do the job. OK so should we just Give it to him without questions?
- If ya said Yes, with out a pause, please report to the sheep sheering pin ASAP ~;P
- He already said he will "TRY" to be on chat more. If he is fair to his word we will see right.
Beyond that what did I ask?
- Who will be appointed to higher posts directly after?..
- That is a fair question to one who's asking for our votes.
Back up, Take a nap & a shower to refresh your selves..
I was never as emotional about all this pointless crap as Y'all want me to be.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 11:18, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Noone is saying that he should get the job without question - hence a poll asking the question whether he should get the job...
- So what about his chat usage? The role of Bureaucrat is to guard the keys to the Bureaucrat; Administrator and Moderator lounges and dish them out when the community thinks a promotion is in order; everything else is basically as an Administrator - although I suppose the Bureaucrats also get the last say in an admin dispute. If there aren't enough chat moderators then we can appoint another moderator.
- Any promotion as I understand it would still require community support so if your "Who will be appointed to higher posts after" question is some kind of insinuation that he'll be appointing friends to various positions then I think you're misinformed as to how things work around here. Agent c 15:11, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I translate all that quick & easy as a Bureaucrat is only good for breading more Jr Bureaucrats.
The site is fine. If you want to fix it find a problem point it out & let the Community that built it fix it. SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 15:18, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Then you translate it wrong. There are no Bureaucrats. There is a problem. When admins become inactive there is no ability for the community to replace them with no bureaucrats. Long term this means less admins (as they lose interest or don't have time to continue) and more work for them to do.
- Additionally the Bureaucrat does not have the ability to "breed" Jr Bureaucrats and I did say this - where the heck you've gotten this impression is beyond me. The Bureaucrat cannot simply appoint friends to any post - all require the community decision just as its always been.
- Should any abuse of power occur Bureaucrats can be stripped of power. A community vote and its done - an appeal to wikia if blocked by said Bureaucrat.
Agent c 15:34, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I know a Bureaucrat can just make or demote an admin or mod because I use Wiki. Just because some sites take a vote dose not mean that's how the Bureaucrat function actually works. A Bureaucrat can indeed, at any moment promote or demote admins and moderators.
Y'all should stop acting like I'm attacking KingClyde, I don't know him well enough to dislike him.
I'm from America where we have freedom of speech & if it is my opinion that many are pushing this promotion so they can in turn gain favor with the next "Leader", then that is just my opinion.
P.S. I don't care if you are NOT free as an American ~;p I'm just using my right as a member & voicing my opinion.
I don't blindly follow or seek to win favor as a false friend. I take responsibility.
Congratulations KingClyde. Honestly, I hope you serve us ALL well.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 22:40, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm American. I I want a new BC so Wikia will stop jerkin' this wiki around like it's their fucking puppet. Message 22:41, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Don't exaggerate. Try to put yourself in their shoes. It's only logical they step in now do protect their top wiki. You would do the same if you had to make a living out of it. They've done allright in the past two weeks, keeping acticity going and offering valuable help with CSS, JS and templates. They may have been a bit unsupportive for gaming wikis in the past, which was mostly the reason for the split, but they've also done good work. This split should be a good wake up call I think. And they've already said in a blogpost to step away again once there's more stability. Appointing a new bureaucrat is one of those steps. Jspoel 23:20, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I love it when people demand their right to free speech - and demand others stop using theirs in the same breath. Lets look at this rationally. What exactly would someone gain out of gaining favour with the new leader?
- Answer: A fat load of nuthin'. If someone wants to be an Admin then they can't get without it.
- What happens to this wiki if we don't have at least 1 Bureaucrat?
- Answer: It dies a slow death as eventually the inability to appoint new administrators and moderators.
- I'm not acting as if you're attacking KingClyde (I don't really know him and have no invested emotions here); I'm attacking your less than rational argument - my responses aren't about him but all about you. You've said that its not required; when it clearly is (and Wikia agree here that there should be at least one); and then have objected because it *might* be abused - but have no evidence to suggest that it might.
- If the Bureaucrat power is abused then it is my understanding that there is precedent for Wikia to remove this power - they are big on community consultations before such things and would likely see the lack of a vote in most circumstances as enough. If it happened multiple times this would be more than enough - Let us not forget that Wikia want a vote on this to happen at some point - and KingClyde is the only willing candidate.
- I also don't see any posting here as being evidence of trying to curry favour. I'll publicly state that even if offered an admin role I'd reject it (I'm not the right person for the job; yet at least - my wiki skills are in development).
- If you're honestly concerned that the Bureaucrat power may be abused there is actually a simple solution - start your own poll thread and run for the job yourself. Be one of those checks on power that are integral to the political and legal system of your country.
- But let us also not forget that in theory there are 4 people out there who have had this power in the past and it has not been abused here.
Agent c 23:10, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
Here is the reason why I am running for bc position. Any wikia needs at least one bc. It is a leadership position. There are currently no bc's. A bc does more than making more bc's as per your words - "a Bureaucrat is only good for breading more Jr Bureaucrats." If you have a personal issue with me (which it is beginning to look like) just message me. So far I am the only one who has stepped up to take a leadership role. Just because I am not in chat when your are not in chat, that does not mean I never go into chat. So let's answer your questions just so you are clear as to my motives:
Question 1:"Kingclyde is the only one who wants to do the job. OK so should we just Give it to him without questions?" Answer 1: There is a poll and discussion on the topic. I am asking for community support. If they approve that means they want me as a bc and that does not make them "sheep". If they do not want me as bc, they will not vote for me. Simple. Question/Statement 2:He already said he will "TRY" to be on chat more. If he is fair to his word we will see right. Answer/Response 2:Again, I explained myself and have been in chat more lately. Question 3:Who will be appointed to higher posts directly after?.. Answer 3: If anyone wants to be admin/bc they have to meet set criteria. They are here. Question/Statement 4:I translate all that quick & easy as a Bureaucrat is only good for breading more Jr Bureaucrats. Answer/Response 4:Once again, the criteria needs to be met. I am not going to "appoint" people, they need to follow the steps. 'Question/Statement 5:'I know a Bureaucrat can just make or demote an admin or mod because I use Wiki. Just because some sites take a vote dose not mean that's how the Bureaucrat function actually works. A Bureaucrat can indeed, at any moment promote or demote admins and moderators. Answer/Response 5: Again, we have procedures requiring a poll and community support. The function is there for the bc to use when the poll is concluded. If you have actually reviewed any of the past admin and mod request you can see that we do follow set procedure here. Question/Statement 6:I don't blindly follow or seek to win favor as a false friend. I take responsibility. Answer/Response 6:That is good. That is what most people should do is take reaponsibilty. But just because there are alot of positive votes that does not mean that people are doing it just to gain favor or my friendship.
Conclusion: In short, I do not see why you see this as a bad thing. My track record proves itself and I have done nothing but dedicate myself to the good of this wikia. This is not a "power grab" as you have put it. We have lost a good amount of people, we need leadership to help maintain and build on this wikia when a new game comes out. I intend to be here for the long haul, bc or not. I know you said "Y'all should stop acting like I'm attacking KingClyde" but the way you word things it does come off that way. I see it as not an attack against myself but an attack on the whole bc/admin/mod system. I still do not see you rational on this matter clearly. Cheerio.--Kingclyde 02:37, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks to all who participated in the poll. I will do my best to serve the community as the new bc of this wikia. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me anytime on my talk page. Thanks again for your faith in my abilities.--Kingclyde 23:30, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
So has the appointment been made yet?
Clearly you did not pause long enough in your overly defensive stance to hear that I never said 1/2 the words you put in my mouth..
I tried to let this go but you miss quoted & edited my statements So much it's now hard to tell what I said & what you "Say" I said.. Please, If you want to LEAD .. Do it honestly? ~
- May the Blessing of Pain be with you. Take the role, Play nice & have fun!
I hope we all have a great New Year !!!
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 05:25, December 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I have compared the history of this page from your previous edit to this one. I see no evidence there of any changes to your comments at this point. In fact the only "change" to your comments at any point that I can see was to remove the excessive number of headings you created and to remove the list of admins and bureaucrats you listed. I see no evidence that any of the actual statements were changed in any way or any evidence of anything dishonest. It is very easy to determine what you said by looking at your specific edits in the history - if I have missed something please let me know as a clear and open process is in everyones interest. To answer your question Wikia staff have confirmed on KingClydes' talk page that the access has been set. Agent c 05:51, December 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Sannse has set the right earlier today. Thanks again for everyone's input.--Kingclyde 06:22, December 8, 2011 (UTC)