Hello my kind vault dwellers, it is I, "Non-South Park reference Cartman". So, following some kind words of encouragement I've decided to take the plunge. I never really thought about applying for adminship before, as I didn't realise I'd become regularly active on the Vault but it turns out I enjoy the experience far more than I anticipated. Well anyway, at this point it seems I spend a lot of my time perusing various sections of the Vault, lending my voice to discussion and using that sixth sense you feel when you see a recent edit in the side bar and something tells you it must be vandalism and is in need of a good reverting, by golly.
Adminship request á la CartmanEdit
- The tools of the trade would come in particularly useful.
- The need to pester the admins every time someone vandalises or otherwise acts in bad faith is no doubt a common reason given, however I'm sure it's equally tedious for both parties.
- The ability to delete the obviously malicious pages will be a welcome change. Having added deletion tags to my fair share of articles it is particularly frustrating when the splendid addition of "Gay" (true story) remains as an official Vault page, even if for a matter of minutes.
- To put it simply, maintenance is the ultimate purpose.
- Just like Kastera, my advice or opinion has been disregarded simply because I don't have the title. As someone who enjoys going out of my way to help users, this is particularly frustrating at times. And my willingness to help others can only be a positive trait for any aspiring admin.
- I am well versed in the wiki guidelines in general and have used this to correct unnecessary, irrelevant and nonconforming additions, but at times I've been unable to with such limitations as the "renaming limit", preventing normal users from moving a certain number of pages within a certain time frame which has slowed my work in the past.
- I spend a lot of time reading the various news posts on the wiki, and there are times when it is particularly unregulated and I have had to warn users myself in the past. This could essentially be a part of my "area", and would free up time for other admins considering how I'd be there regularly anyway.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||2|
|User blog comment||2,463|
Areas of noteEdit
- I was probably what can be referred to as a "top contributor" in the Fallout: New Vegas creatures project.
- I have created a lot of Van Buren related pages.
- Rampages throughout the New Vegas quest pages in particular.
- I have actively proposed ideas for projects to increase the uniformity of the wiki.
- Again, my willingness to help users and my aspirations to do more for them.
- I am involved in several projects at the moment.
My Fallout collection consists of:
- Fallout 2
- Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
- Fallout 3 (Yes, oddly enough I kept it.)
- Fallout: New Vegas
I'm sure I'll lose many points for not playing Brotherhood of Steel, *sarcasm meter recharging*. Cartman!
- yes I think that you deserve adminship. You are, as you've mentioned, a top contributor, and I was actually quite surprised to you not being an admin (recently discovered O.o). Anyway, you are intelligent, always use well founded arguments, are knowledgeable about most things fallout and respectful. Good luck! Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
- yes --Kris
- yes You're obviously a dedicated, competent user who knows how to get things done. I can respect that. You're a an asset to The Vault and I think you can help it out greatly. I only have one problem; your contributions to blogs is pretty close to that of your articles, so that makes me a bit weary. But overall, I think you'll do fine... Even if you didn't like Fallout 3... Kastera (talk)
- yes Cartman! is a great contributor to The Vault, and while it's very active recently, his edits are exemplary, he has a great knowledge about the Fallout universe and his support allowed the banishment of several vandals. He is a person who prefers talk before going into action, for help users or unravel a conflict, a qualification required to become an admin from my opinion. Ho also I agree, you have lose many points for not playing Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel! No no, it's a joke! But well, it's also a nice Fallout game but have not the reputation it deserves ;). Finally, the promotion of Cartman! as an admin will be a good addition for the team of The Vault. Itachou [~talk~] 16:45, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Dude101
- yes - I have this problem with all the more helpful users where I just instantly assume that they're admins, even if they aren't. :/ Cartman gets my vote simply because of all he did for Saint Pain; I know for a fact that I don't have that kind of patience anymore. (or if I ever did. :o) Nitty Tok. 17:27, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- yes I think you'd make a great admin --Xa3 17:58, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Sure thing. Nice to see you applying for adminship. GobTheGoul (talk) 22:31, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- yes You're not an admin already? Agent c 22:56, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- yes A good choice for admin I believe. He's got my support Captain Taipan 03:10, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- yes You would make a great admin EB683
- yes You have my vote, you've been ever-present on this wiki, express yourself well, know your Fallout, and, most importantly, behave fairly and equitably. Hope it goes well for you buddy Willooi 06:32, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Admin powers? For you?!? :) I fully support your bid for adminship. You are dedicated and will make a great admin!--Kingclyde 06:51, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Allright, you don't like Fallout 3, unlike me, but I won't hold it against you. You stand out in the community, always willing to lend a helping hand to the inexperienced users and saying your peace during discussions. You're an intelligent guy the Fallout wiki can benefit from having some extra buttons to push. And I see you online and blogging a lot, so you could help the admin team out nicely checking the comments while you're there. Jspoel 10:57, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Is this even a question? You'll be a damn good admin, and people wondering about it just because Cartman dislikes Fallout 3... Act sensible. :) -- Yakov 11:47, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- yes What can I say, Cartman is a man after my own mind. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tagaziel (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- yes Well for some reason I already thought you were, but oh well nice to have an Iced Earth fan an admin! ToestheUnwholy 14:09, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- yes Can't think of a reason to say no, and believe me, I tried really hard to come up with a reason! I see you here all the time, Cartman, and I know as an admin you'll contribute even more. BILLYOCEAN 03:24, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
- neutral Honestly, i haven't seen much of you around the site (not as much as Kastera or Ghostavatar) so i dont really have a clear point of view at this time.(Nemerian 06:06, June 24, 2011 (UTC))
- Cartman has been more than helpful on far more than one occasion, he is a friend to this site and I belive he would make a fine admin. I'd vote YES ! yes That was broke afore I got here!
- yes You seem like a good guy. Yes-Man 07:06, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
- yes veryblackraven
- yes Respect his authority!! --KKotton 21:57, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
- yes I thought you already were, from the number of talk pages you appear on etc. You've got my vote! Grammarlad(talk)
- yes Absolutely! Your such a great contributer I worry if you have a social life since it leaves little time for anything else. You already help alot to make this site better and I think you'll make a great admin. --RAM 00:13, June 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Though I completely missed this vote, I'm still freaking throwin' in my two cents. Cartman is, in my opinion, the user who most deserves adminship. His rank alone in achievements should show that he wastes plenty of time here. Cheers, C-man! Enjoy the adminship! -- Valoopy 20:53, July 10, 2011 (UTC)