Hello, fellow Nukapedians! I’m Disgusting and I’m running for the position of administrator.
I started editing in early 2016, contributing with minor sporadic edits. A year later, in March of 2017, I began editing more coherently and soon joined the settlement objects project. Since then I have been editing continuously and was promoted to patroller on March 30th and Chat Moderator on July 21th.
To put all cards on the table I'd like to address the fact that I have once been banned from the wiki. On April 11. 2016 I was banned for spamming blog post comments. This was simply because I was achievement hunting, and commenting on a blog post 10 times seemed very easy. Because I did not know that blog comments show up in recent edit, I went ahead and posted meaningless comments. This is something I have risen above long ago, and have no intention to ever break the rules in a reckless manner like this ever again.
I was originally going to run for Content Moderator, but what the wiki really needs at the moment is more editing administrators. As Content mod I’d get access to most of the tools that admins get, with the exception of being able to ban users, one of the functions that the wiki could benefit from having some more of.
Why am I runningEdit
The wiki only has two admins editing on a daily basis, with some others editing from time to time. The addition of a Content Moderator does help, but the way I see it, what really is needed is more admins.
Why I wish to become adminEdit
The rights of an admin that pertain to editing are: deleting, undeleting, renaming, and protecting articles. These are all abilities that will help me in my day to day editing of the wiki.
I have uploaded over 700 files to the wiki, mostly images with a good few audio files too. On several occasions, I have misspelled the file’s name and therefore been forced to ask an administrator to rename it for me. With admin rights I’d have full control over files, being able to both rename and delete them. The wiki also has a high number of poorly named files that need to be renamed, something that I am very willing to take care of. I have extensive experience in dealing with badly named images and image redirects as I am admin on another wiki in which I went over every single image, renaming and categorizing.
As an admin it would also be my duty to handle edit wars as I would be given the ability to protect pages. With the wiki only having a handful of admins that can take care of spam articles and edit wars, some more manpower seems to be needed. I have handled a few edit wars so far, plus I have experience in dealing with troublesome users from being a chat moderator.
As an admin I would gain the rights of both chat mod and discussions mod. I already am a chat mod, so not a lot would change on that aspect. I would also become a leader of the community, and a person users would come to for help or advice. This is a task I feel I am ready for as I have already spoken to users that wanted advice or was simply going through a rough patch.
I would also be granted discussion moderator rights. These are the tools I would use the least as I am very rarely active on /d. I will, however, help out over there if there is a great need for it as I do know how the tools work and I know the rules.
My biggest achievements are with coverage of settlement objects in Fallout 4, about which I have created several articles. One of the articles that I’m proud of it the chair article, it shows that I can use the Creation Kit to obtain object IDs, as well as provide transparent images. Here are some examples of audio and image files I have added:
What I do on the wiki on a daily basis is mostly minor edits that all contribute to the overall quality of the wiki. I also hang around the recent edits log very often, patrolling new edits.
I have also figured out how to set up and use a bot, so I do have the means to do that kind of work if needed.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||1|
|User blog comment||16|
SkyrimNukapedia belongs to the Nord s! Yodamort (talk) 21:06, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
- yes I'm Pedro Washington and I support this admin request! Pedro Washington (talk) 21:09, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
- yes I am Bloodworm69, and I support Distusting, he helped me learn to edit.
- yesI am Silent Wraith 291, and from what ive seen this user has beem massive help to the editing side of things and even helped me cast this vote, having him would, as i see make the general community more informed, in turn editing better etc etc so yes (ps hope i did this right, my first time)
- yes From what I have seen you would do well as admin. JBour53 (talk)
- yes I have seen many good edits by DistustingWastelander and having more people be able to rename images seems very useful. I am slightly cautious for two reasons though... 1. The username always confused me (just teasing!). 2. I'm not 100% sure that being a good editor makes someone good admin material. But, overall, I'm a yes - this article has convinced me. Mercury5Five (talk) 22:49, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
- yes Darth Yeti
- yes I know you can do it! Quarterman812 (talk) 23:09, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
- yes I don't know you that well but you're pretty cool CobaltJack (talk) 23:29, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
- yes Distust is a great guy and friend. Long as he edits regularly, a yes vote goes up from me. |\| () |\/| /\ |) | Talk | Discord | NMC 23:58, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
- yes I reckon the applicant would be a benefit to the Wiki. From our short interactions, I know he cares, and has the right temper to resolve issue should they arise. --NukaTurtle (talk) 00:19, December 4, 2017 (UTC)
- yes Voting yes, so the Interwiki infiltration plan can be set in motion *laughs in portugoose* Dragão Carmesim Howdy! 01:27, December 4, 2017 (UTC)
- yes I always liked this guy. From his profile picture to personality. That's why he'll be a great admin. Up there with the best of them. If there was a mount Rushmore for wikia admins in a year from now we'd all say we should carve his face upon it.VicePresidentCharles (talk) 21:35, December 3, 2017 (CST)
- yes Believe in yourself, right now that is all I ask. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin
- yes Lykke til! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 12:23, December 4, 2017 (UTC)
- yes 123123abcabc (talk) 13:35, December 4, 2017 (UTC)
- yes You deserve the adminship, mah dude! Acj1225(talk) 15:30, December 4, 2017 (UTC)
- yes I see you patrolling and editing every day. You sometimes make mistakes, but especially because I know you know how to improve upon yourself I think you should have my vote. - FDekker talk
- yes Long time coming. ---bleep196- (talk) 19:11, December 7, 2017 (UTC)
- yes Sorry for the late vote, I totally missed the request. Anyway I'm here now. So Hallvard. It's been awesome to see you grow as an editor here on the wiki and not only that but your allegiance to the wiki has been totally insane. Everytime I come in here I always see your name somewhere, you're everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Editing wise I think everyone can agree on that you deliver with high quality edits and mature solutions to problems. Since your Moderator request you've taken the feedback correctly and listened to what others have had to say about your editing. Thank you for being an active part of the community, an awesome editor and friend! Best regards (talk) 00:02, December 9, 2017 (UTC)
- neutral I never heard heard of this guy. -NukaTheCola
- neutral Although I am not super familiar with you, from what I have seen you would make a capable Admin, although I do not have enough knowledge of you to vote yes. TheLaatSurvivor (talk) 23:16, December 3, 2017 (UTC)TheLaatSurvivor
neutral I'm leaning more towards yes, than no on this neutral. I'm certain Distusting would be a good administration, but one line makes me wonder if the understanding on handling of edit wars is truly there: "my duty to handle edit wars as I would be given the ability to block users" Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin- changed rationale
I'd like to comment on Sakaratte's reasoning for voting neutral. In my original draft for this request I wrote: "As an admin it would also be my duty to handle edit wars as I would be given the ability to protect and delete pages." This was written before I made this official request, as can be seen here. The sole reason I changed it was because when I asked a fellow editor for advice, they said edit warring is more about the block feature. Please take this in for consideration all other voters. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 21:36, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
- I have changed that part of the request, because I do not and have never thought that blocking is the solution to edit wars. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 22:05, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
You've received great support, so you will now be promoted to our newest admin. Congrats! Jspoel 22:26, December 10, 2017 (UTC)