| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
Heyoooooo all! If you don't recognize me, my name is Tocinoman, and I'm applying for administrator rights! You might remember me from my previous request for administrator. I ask that you please read through this entire application and take every detail into consideration.
You're already a moderator, why do you feel that you should be given admin tools?Edit
Since my reasons and motives are pretty much the same as on the last request, I'll just clarify that there isn't a regular admin in my time slot. I feel the need to step up and take the responsibility of keeping this place running smoothly during those hours. Remember, administrator is not a rank. It simply gives the user a few extra buttons.
- Added note: Our beloved GarouxBloodline (who sometimes logs in during my shift) will be joining the Navy and will not be with us for the next 6 years. I bid you farewell, Leon! Should I be given the chance by the community, I will be sure to fill the void you will have left behind.
You were denied once already. How is this request any different?Edit
It's been just over 3 months since my previous application. All I can say is that I have gained much more experience in both life and the ways of Nukapedia, and that I have improved on the issues presented to me on the last request.
In detail, how have you improved on the issues presented to you in the last request?Edit
Alright, so the three negative issues presented to me in the previous request were as follows:
1.) Getting too emotional in situations that don't call for it.
- Most of the light from this issue came from the incident between myself and Bearded Hoplite. I can honestly say that I have been completely level-headed and calm since then. I haven't done anything even similar to what I did in said incident. I know there are users who can back up my statements on this, so this issue is covered.
2.) Lack of editing experience.
- I can see where this one came from. I applied for administrator three months after editing regularly. I had several mistakes in my past pointed out to me, such as the order of sections in articles, templates which add categories, and others. As stated above, I have gained much more editing experience since my last request. I have become much more familiar with guidelines and policies, and have even participated in their creations and approvals. As of now, I have been regularly editing the wiki for almost (it will be exact on the 15th of this month) 7 months. Any mistakes that I have made have been very minor and could have been made by anyone, and I have always learned from them. Needless to say, none of those will get in the way of my duties as a user nor an admin should I be promoted.
3.) Talking down to users who make good-faith mistakes.
- This one caught me by surprise. I know where this came from, but I never knew what it looked like from someone else's point of view. This more or less ties into the first issue with emotions. I had involved emotions in business matters a few too many times and it affected me negatively. I can say with confidence that I have not done anything of this sort since my last request.
I read through every single vote and comment on my previous request and these were the issues that I managed to find. If, by some chance, I missed one or you would like me to go into further detail, then please leave a comment and I will be right with you.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||2|
|User blog comment||122|
I'm not going to bother to go into the small stuff. I'll make it easy and list what I feel is notable via bullets:
- One of the 'Big Three' participants in the Bug Verification Project, which has had astounding results thanks to our work.
- Contributed quite a bit to the Fallout 3 locations project (my contributions are in the A-F section). These contributions taught me a lot about how tables and infoboxes work, and I would now consider myself pretty darned good with them!
- Actively participate in the Anti-cap project.
- Revived the then-dead Quest project back to active status, with great results. I'll also add that in this project, I have added several quest stage tables which were then missing. I have first-hand experience as a lurker anon and I can't tell you how helpful those tables are.
- Created the Fallout 3 and NV quotations project and have done massive progress tables for it. The project is almost completed and has been a huge success.
- Created the following articles:
- Using my off-time and my Fallout 3 GotY Guide to add and verify useful information.
- Hate to repeat myself, but as stated previously: removing countless bad faith edits, reporting users/IP addresses, and keeping pages vandal-free.
- Very actively moderating the chat and mediating in numerous disputes, changing the topic when needed, protecting innocent users from insults, spam, and just plain-old trolls, really. I would certainly think of myself as a very assertive leader who doesn't let people walk all over him, yet stays strong and fair.
- Completely redid the New Vegas locations project and have been working on it since then.
- Been very community involved with the creation of the Divide weekly debate/poll.
- At the time of this request, I have 2900 mainspace edits, and that will continue to grow every day.
Those are the cold, hard facts, my friends. I want you all to vote fairly and honestly. I also ask you to be absolutely sure before you vote. If you are unsure, but don't want to vote neutral, remember there is a comments section available for your use. Be it to get to know me better, to ask me to go over anything I failed to cover, or anything else. Thanks, and happy editing! ~ Toci ~ Go ahead, make my day.
i know you make good edits and are a pretty good contributor so i say why not? OliverSlagfoot (talk) 18:58, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
- yes as long as i have know you, you have been a very calm, fair mod, who can take a joke sometimes. thats rare to find these days. i vote yes. May Teh Ice Towerz Be With You! 15:16, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- yes what can i say? he's a good guy and deserves it. --Bosmer 4 Life (talk) 16:54, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I am confident that the reasons I was hesitant last time no longer exist and/or were a one off. Agent c (talk) 18:16, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Since your absence there have been trolls and nobody to deal with them, we need you a lot. I hope you win mang. Buena suerte! 22:05, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Same reasons why I voted yes last time. 22:54, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I thought you already were an admin...BILLYOCEAN Wanna talk? 02:59, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- yes You've been a good teacher for the New User Network to me, and always helped when I needed it. - CC 06:07, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Never had any reason to say no, so of course I won't . Take it easy :) -- GOTW User | Talk 15:14, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Looks like someone bought themselves a vote from me with that comment you made. ;D Joking aside, you've made quite a name for yourself (In a good way!), and you've shown us all just how dedicated you are to improving the quality of this wiki. You still have some more to learn, but so did we all before taking up the mantel, and the responsibility that comes with it will see you the rest of the way. Personally, I don't see a reason why to vote no, and I'm looking forward to seeing you rise the ranks. I think the only thing I would like to see from you is some innovation along with that hard work! Happy editing! Skål!
- yes You are in a great position right now to become one. I didn't fully believe you had the necessary standards to become one before, but that's in the past, and I think you will make a great admin. User:For NCR
- yes Hawk da Barber 2012 - BSHU Graduate 01:39, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Keep those edits rolling! Energy X ∞ 06:33, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
- yes He'd make good use of the tools. --KλT 08:45, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I've been attempting editing lately, and i always see a few from you, as well as commenting on my edits and helping me round them out and make my edits better. You look like an admin already. User:Dead_Gunner
- yes Although I had hoped for more activity from you over the past few months particularly, I understand you have a busy schedule and yet have made time for editing and giving input on community matters. You actually remind me a lot of myself and it seems I misjudged your character terribly at the first request, and I think now you have matured enough to deserve these tools =) There are still a few minor things you could improve in, but was so for all of us when we applied. --Skire (talk) 11:25, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Great user who has a strong presence in the wiki. Since his last request, he has made a huge progress, engaging in projects and making solid, constant edits. --C'n-Frankie -ArroyoTalk 14:48, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Toci has always been a good user from my perspective, and he is deserving of the position. Charcoal121 (talk) 03:17, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I see great potential in you, young padawan. :D Prepare for the Future!
- yes Good rep, good edits and you're good to be an admin. "С нами Бог. Remember, no ponies." 08:49, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I reckon there's a few empty chairs in the admin lounge that need to be filled. I think you're ready. 19:43, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Would greatly benefit with the tools. --Cheese Lord (talk) 20:20, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Your a great Moderator, so I have full faith you'll be an amazing Admin. With full faith; -- "This is my road, you'll walk it as I say" 00:24, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- yes You would be a great admin. Gus
I am on an iPad which is worthless and it will be a pain in the ass to give my full reasons for voting yes, so if I get on a pc in time I'll give my reasons. Just wanted to let you folkz know. Hawk da Barber 2012 - BSHU Graduate 01:39, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
It's a clean pass, Tocinoman. You've deserved to join the admin ranks and will make good use of the added tools, that's what I was thinking too. Congratulations! Jspoel 14:58, August 11, 2012 (UTC)