| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
Hi there folks! It's the moment you've all been waiting for.
That's right, I'm applying for administrative rights. If you don't know who I am, I'm Yes-Man, one of Nukapedia's moderators. I've been active on the wiki since June of last year, often found patrolling the recent changes and attending chat. I've decided to apply for admin because of good feedback from fellow users such as Scar and (albeit hesitant) Jspoel.
Anyway, let's get on to the application, shall we?
I've been editing this wiki since June 14th, 2011. I attempt to edit or at least log in once a day, and while on I will often stop into chat and say hi. I'm active in community discussion, and have been a Nukapedia moderator since September 16, 2011. Before that I was once of the Wiki's first chat moderators, selected by the community after a nomination from everyone's favourite admin, Scarface11235.
I decided to remain at Wikia after the Split with the Vault, merely due to the fact that I prefer the layout and extra functions that we have here (eg, personal blog posts). Some of you may know that I made a short absence early in December, returning mid January. During this time, I still visited the wiki a few times a week and made a few edits where necessary, so truthfully I wasn't really gone at all.
Reasons For Applying
As most administrators will know (especially Kas), I often leave them IP adresses and accounts of trolls and/or vandals. I watch recent changes during my time on the Wiki, making sure to revert or rollback questionable edits and vandalism and adding appropriate delete categories on pages.
I also bring to attention certain files that require deletion if the case arises. If I were an administrator, I could do all these things myself, giving the other administrative team breathing space to make edits and go about their business. In short, my main duties would include:
- Deleting pages when necessary.
- Banning trolls and vandals.
- Removal of offensive or unused images.
- Giving appropriate warnings to users who need it.
- General help and advice to new or confused users.
I believe I can handle a bad situation calmly and fairly. I have often proven myself to be the middle ground in debates or arguments, and I understand that different people have different opinions. I always side with the opinion that I think benefits the community as a whole or will do more good than harm.
I was a (now inactive) administrator at the Fallout Answers Wiki, chosen by Kastera1000, and during my time I became very familiar with deleting pages, banning users and other administrative duties. I was also an administrator at the Vault Armory Wiki, a fan-made Wiki for showcasing fanart. Although the Wiki has since become inactive, I learnt how to delete bad image files and even got a bit more familiar with basic templates.
I am already a moderator and I like to think I am fair with punishments to trolls. I will always give them at least two warnings before banning them, and I will always ask for proof if someone comes to me with accusations that someone else has broken a rule. I do not bend the rules for people; if they screw up, I will ban them for the required time, regardless of who they are or what they did. It's only fair if you can be an unbiased authority.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||5|
|User blog comment||1,179|
I understand that I barely make the required article edit count, but I believe that the amount of edits you have does not equate to your capabilities as an administrator. Keep this in mind when voting; a user with a lot of edits might not always be good as an admin, whereas a user with the minimum amount might make a great admin.
- Page created - Joana's room, Commissary terminal, Karen Johnson, Paladin Northup.
- Created FOOL Navbox, as seen on the Fallout Online traits page.
- Have been a successful chat moderator/moderator for several months.
- Admin on Fallout Answers and Vault Armory; experienced in blocking, deleting etc.
- Community minded, bringing up issues such as Forum:Historical Figures pages
- Regular chat-goer, and familiar with many community members
- Reporting vandals/trolls when necessary
- Recent changes patrol
- Understand rules of Wiki and deals fair punishment
Thank you for reading. Please vote fairly and unbiasedly. If you think I would not make a good administrator, please say so! Don't be polite or vote yes just because you're my friend. I would prefer honesty to politeness, and I will certainly not take it personally.
- yes I didn't even read what you said in order to be first :D! κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 22:04, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- yes We need more Australians. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
- yes Got my vote. You'll make a hell of an admin :D Tocinoman 22:07, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I was considering to vote neutral, since your edit count is barely above the minimum. However, like you said, I felt that your helpful personality and character outweighs that. You deserve this a lot more than I do. -ΣΔLet's talk! 22:14, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- yes More than deserve it, long overdue in fact. Pony of the East 22:22, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Agent c If you spend nearly as much time when you're "here" as when you're not, then we'll do fine having you around as an admin.
- yes What Sigma said. --RAM 22:38, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Duh, winning! I mean... yes :D "Even In Death May You Be Triumphant" 23:14, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- yes If you could handle the troll shitstorm at Fallout Answers, you should be able to handle it here. --Kastera (talk) 00:06, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Yup! It's nice to see the admin team finally getting enough numbers Limmiegirl Talk! ♪ 00:08, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- yes No problem, though you still can't oppose Benny. Just joking! MysteryStranger: Trust in the power of Infinity!
- yes A fellow Aussie will always get my vote! The Australian Kiwi 18:26, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- no Absolutely not. I'm kidding, of course you deserve this.yes -- 22:12, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I must say yes to Yes-man. Hahaha, all lameness aside, you're an intellectual and active user, racking up all those edits in an instant. And you're also pretty nice. You definitely deserve to be an admin in this establishment. Hm? Oh! I'm KnowledgeProspector. 08:29, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
- yesSpam... trolls... vandals... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...Yessie will destroy them all!.TheNemesisx 14:08, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I'd rather have seen you at a bit higher mainspace editcount, but I think the quality outweighs the quantity. And I remember you keeping the wiki's spirit up in these difficult past 2 months since the split (as an anon). That counts for something too. Jspoel 14:20, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
- yes nuff said Wharrgarbl 01:18, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Yes, man.
- yes WAIT! You mean you aren't already supreme overlord of the wiki? I thought you were an admin already. This needs to be rectified! Hell yes! --The Milkman | I always deliver. 01:58, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I thought you were already an admin... well, let's go ahead and make you one, eh? -- DeathclawAlpha 01:04, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Hell yeah you should be admin!You'd be one of the best!Fredbighed 03:42, February 3, 2012 (UTC)Fredbighed
- yes In my time here at Nukapedia, I've only found Yes-Man to be a most helpful person. He knows what he's talking about, and he definitely deserves to be an administrator. 03:44, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
yes Make me proud, Yessie, you mad Aussie. --TJMW 18:09, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
I pity da FOOL that you created! Sorry had to say it.--Kingclyde 22:24, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
No mainly that his low edit count is offset by his personallity as I hardly ever vote for someone with just enough edits to squeak by. --RAM 01:29, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Lol yep, but you can't deny the fact that that is one hell of a quote.TheNemesisx 01:10, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
The community has spoken and Yes-Man has been granted admin rights and responsibilities. Congrats and don't do anything I wouldn't do!--Kingclyde 22:36, February 5, 2012 (UTC)