Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
i figured id make a discussion forum about 44 magnums and there variants, and why these pistol's are scoped, even though there pistols....anyone else care to discuss?Toolazytomakeaaccount 17:32, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Apparently some people DO scope Magnums, which doesn't make much sense to me, considering the massive kick of these weapons. I would imagine it would be a good way to put out an eye if you used it. But there ya go. Nightweaver20xx 18:35, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
I bet if you held it in front of your face, but far enough to keep your eye, you could look down the scope a bit, but beyond that, it's pretty much just for "looks."
Get it? --Toast 18:56, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
Its really not that weird guys. Plenty of hunters use a scope on their pistol. In fact, many manufactures include scope mounts with their revolvers intended for hunting. And as for getting hit in the eye by the scope, it almost never happens. The scope you use on a handgun is a special long eye relief type so the weapon can be held out at arms length as normal. As for recoil of "magnums", yes it can be quite stout, but unless you are a child or old feeble person the weapon will not come anywhere near your face. Also, weight reduces recoil, having a scope on your pistol will only further reduce the recoil of the weapon. No, it is not "weird". Asylum Keeper 19:42, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
- That's what I thought, holding it at arms length. I didn't know they could make the scope to work like that! Cool. --Toast 20:17, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
- You do realize that most scopes, even for rifles are not meant to be stuck in your eye. You may see this in movies, but except for purpose-made sniper scopes with rubber cups, most scopes are not meant to touch. They are not binoculars. Various scopes have different ideal focal ranges, and scopes used for pistols generally are designed to be used at greater eye distance. 220.127.116.11
- Really? Cool! I always thought you had to paste your skull to that metal cylinder like a moron. Thanks a lot! Love, --Toast 07:33, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
- i figured id get rid of the argument, tada.Toolazytomakeaaccount 19:07, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Good idea, sorry for participating. --Toast 22:55, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to delete other people's commentary, even if you don't like it. LVTDUDE 06:08, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
- im not sure if only moderator's can do it or not but a bit of discussion got removed by porter or crazy sam or something on one forum i was on, due to it getting out of hand, i figured id go for it and if it was wrong then well i still got rid of the bulk of the chat that was useless.Toolazytomakeaaccount 15:31, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
are they not just a head nod to the gun in road warrior? Melvin x 14:04, November 18, 2009 (UTC)