Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fort Strong was a US military R&D base tasked with the development and testing of the Fat Man and T-51 power armor for use against China. There appeared to be difficulties regarding the development of the Fat Man's launching mechanism but ultimately it was perfected just before the start of The Great War.
When the base's new CO, General Brock, took command he leveled the barracks just outside the fort and constructed a mock town instead. This was used as training ground for the developed weapons, hence the destroyed buildings. The fort also stored a sizable weapons and ammo cache of mini nukes, most of which survived the Great War, and which the Brotherhood of Steel seeks to obtain to gain a upper hand in its fight against the Institute in 2287.
The area around Fort Strong is mostly dilapidated buildings and a few radioactive waste barrels. There are two naval cannons up on a perch near the armory itself and another three at the far end of the fort, with a wooden pier extending to the south. The area houses super mutants and a super mutant behemoth. The area must be attacked and cleared for the quest Show No Mercy. Fort Strong is worth visiting without being on the quest to obtain the U.S. Covert Operations Manual skill magazine. It will however be impossible to clear as rubble will be blocking the elevator down if the quest is not started.
- Power armor frame in the small guardhouse before the bridge to Fort Strong. The frame will have leveled components all the way up to X-01 models.
- Ten cannonballs: Just to the left of the building (when facing the door) there are two cannons. There are five cannonballs right near them. There are three additional cannons on the right side of the fort, with five more cannonballs.
- U.S. Covert Operations Manual #5 on General Brock's desk in the armory, in the southwest corner of the ground floor, behind a novice level locked door.
- The Fort Strong key can be found in the same desk at the same location.
- Mini nuke can be found in the corner display case in the same location.
- Fat Man inside the hidden room on the second floor. One can see it through the spring of the west side door which is caved in by debris. This area is inaccessible for now in the game.
- 2 mini nukes on a shelf next to the doorway leading to the armory where the crates are stored in the bottom floor.
- Fusion cores in a footlocker, upstairs, south east corner of building.
- Private Murnahan's holotape on a desk by the window in the south west corner of the north western room on the ground floor.
- Overdue book in a large red toolbox in the sublevel area.
- The elevator to the sublevel will only become available when the Show No Mercy mission is picked up by the player character. Without it, the elevator entrance is blocked off by debris. This also makes the Fort Strong armory key mostly useless unless this quest is picked up.
Fort Strong only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Fort Strong is on the site of real life Deer Island, off the end of the Winthrop peninsula (portrayed as Nordhagen Beach in the game). Fort Strong is a real (former) military fort, which is located east of Spectacle Island, on Long Island. Fort Strong defended Boston from 1899 until 1947.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|