Fordham Flash Memorial Field
Raider passing first base. Steal second!
Fordham Flash Memorial Field is a baseball field in the Capital Wasteland in 2277. It is located east of Arefu; the chain link backstop can be easily seen from a distance with some dead bodies hanging from it. It is very close to the Moonbeam Outdoor Cinema.
Two raiders have made this place their own, with mutilated corpses hanging from the backstop. There are a few benches behind the backstop, and the bases and pitcher's mound are still marked out. Suitably, at least one raider wields a baseball bat.
- Northwest of here, due east of the Arefu bridge, is a dock with a first aid box and a trunk on it. While on the dock, if you look at the poles in the water to the left, you will see a bottle of Nuka-Cola Quantum on top.
- If you sneak up to the field unnoticed and manage to stay undetected, you can watch the raiders play "baseball", which consists of one or more of the raiders continuously running the bases.
- For flavor, several baseballs can be found about the field, including:
- one behind the home-plate, outside of the fence
- one to the far southwest of home-plate near the broken bridge in an opening
- one under the broken bridge
Fordham Flash Memorial Field appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "The Fordham Flash" was one of the nicknames of Francis "Frankie" Frisch, a 20th century baseball player.