Forceps are a type of pre-War hand-held medical equipment used for grasping and holding items during surgery. Forceps are associated with other hand-held medical equipment on compartment trays and are often accompanying them. These items are used in the Vault-Tec Vaults. The Pip-Boy 3000 categorizes the forceps as a junk item.
The forceps in the vaults are communally owned and were passed from one generation to the next. The expectation of vault residents is that the forceps will be cleaned and maintained for continual use.
In Fallout 3, they are only useful as Rock-It Launcher ammunition. In Fallout: New Vegas, these are used in crafting a doctor's bag using a workbench. In the Dead Money add-on, it is also used for crafting Super-heated cosmic knives.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- Five can be found inside the Camp Golf Resort.
- Five can be found inside the Camp Forlorn Hope medical center.
- Three can be found inside the Jacobstown lodge.
- Two can be found inside the Vault 22 clinic.
- One can be found inside the Camp Golf tent.
- One can be found inside the Camp McCarran concourse.
- One can be found inside the first level of Hidden Valley bunker.
- One can be found inside the NCR Correctional Facility administration.
- One can be found inside the New Vegas Medical Clinic. They can also be purchased here from Dr. Usanagi.
- One can be found inside the broc flower cave.
- One can be found inside the Vault 3 recreation area.