They can be found almost anywhere. They are silver in color and mostly hold bottle caps, ammunition and sometimes armor, clothing, and Stealth Boys. Unless found in a settlement or building, they are usually not locked. The lock difficulties on footlockers can range anywhere from very easy to very hard. Just like any other lock, it is possible to break the lock while attempting a force lock, thus keeping the player from the contents unless using the Infiltrator perk. They can also be found in safehouses. Most of them can be safe to store things in it.
Personal footlockers can be found in the same places as regular footlockers. Most of the time (but not always) footlockers are named "personal" because it contains special loot, or belongs to a special non-player character.
- One can be found under a buoy northwest of SSN-37-1A in Point Lookout containing minor loot.
- One can be found (locked) in Fort Bannister in the lower part of where Commander Jabsco is. It is hidden behind a makeshift wall.
- One can be found north of VAPL-58 power station in a makeshift pylon shack along with a mini nuke and a Keller family transcript.
- During the player's quest to Point Lookout, a footlocker under your bed on the Duchess Gambit is used to carry loot to and from Point Lookout.
- Two can be found east of the Citadel on a dock. These are locked with a Very Hard lock and can either be picked open, or unlocked with the key in the nearby sunken boat.
- Many are located in the Citadel, in the barracks.
- One can be found in the second house to right in Springvale. It contains random loot, or most often it will be found [EMPTY].
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- A Very Hard locked footlocker containing the pulse gun can be found in the Vault 34 armory.
- Two in the Brimstone lower lobby, in a basement in the southern area containing high level weapons and ammo.
- Several can be found in the caravaneer barracks.