Fallout 3 locations project
Bug Verification Project
The entrance to the Flooded Metro, with the raider camp in the background
The flooded metro marks access to a Metro tunnel in the southwest of the urban DC area, between the Arlington Library and Red Racer factory. A large raider encampment is just to the southeast of this location, across a road full of derelict cars.
The flooded metro is located on the side of an old expressway which is littered with decrepit pre-War cars. The entrance to the old metro station is located in the middle of a square at the bottom of a set of nonfunctional escalators. On the other side of the expressway lies a large raider camp, whose occupants can easily overpower a lower leveled player.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual, in the Pulowski Preservation shelter close to the escalators.
- Guns and Bullets in the first room you enter from the tunnel, west side of the room behind the generator. There's a first aid box on the column in the center of this room.
- The Shocker: a unique power fist with a manual explaining its use. Inside a room with a shotgun trap.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum is in the same room as The Shocker, on top of a gun cabinet.
- Pugilism Illustrated and Nuka-Cola Quantum on the makeshift kitchen table in the raider camp. The Quantum is in a wooden crate on top of a shelf near the fridge.
- Tumblers Today in the lofted area of the raider camp near one of the mattresses.
- One of the biggest chain reaction of car explosions in the game can be set off on the street here.
- You can access Mason District, that contains Hubris Comics, by going through the flooded metro.
- The metro tunnels are infested with mirelurks. The place is quite dark, so it's relatively easy to sneak.
- The metro is a "Type A" random encounter location.
- There is a "false" map marker named "Flooded Metro". In reality the northern marker is the entrance to Arlington/Wasteland Metro, from the vicinity of Wilhelm's Wharf and Grayditch.
- If you have good Karma, this is a possible spawn point for Talon Company mercenaries.
The flooded metro appears only in Fallout 3.
- ps3 There is a mirelurk hunter here that can sometimes teleport around to areas nearby the player, giving it the ability to sometimes surprise the player from behind. [verified]