Bug Verification Project
Flight from Zion
The collapsed cave
Flight from Zion is a main quest in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on, Honest Hearts in which the player chooses to help the Sorrows to flee Zion. The opposite quest to this is Crush the White Legs, in which the player chooses to destroy the White Legs and kill Salt-Upon-Wounds.
|Main quest: Flight from Zion|
|Fight your way to the Pine Creek Tunnel.||Complete the three optional quests: Prisoners of War, Retake the Bridge, and Sanctity of the Dead.|
|Deal with Salt-Upon-Wounds.|
|Speak to Daniel.|
|Use the detonator to collapse the Pine Creek Tunnel.|
|Reward: Variable XP|
A Light Shining in Darkness
Joshua Graham's armor
Salt-Upon-Wounds' power fist
|Leads to: Departing Paradise|
- You will start just south of the Caterpillar's Mound. Go to the Sorrows Fork Campground and, from there, head towards the East Fork Bridge. There will be White Legs hidden atop cliffs along the paths, usually in threes, so watch out for ambushes.
- When you get close enough to Pine Creek Tunnel, the first stage of the quest will be completed. You will now have to deal with Salt-Upon-Wounds. Up the road ahead, several Sorrows tribals will engage in battle with Salt-Upon-Wounds and two or three other White Legs.
- Daniel is here as well. It is possible for him to be knocked unconscious during the fighting.
- Salt-Upon-Wounds will approach and initiate dialogue, stating his intent to kill the player. There are two ways to end this. You can say "Let's end this, then", and initiate combat. Or, with a Speech skill of 75 you can tell him that there's "no reason this has to end in bloodshed". He will listen to what the Courier has to say. From here, you have more options, all of which result in Salt-Upon-Wounds leaving peacefully:
- "Your power is broken. You cannot hope to prevail here. Leave this valley in peace." Salt-Upon-Wounds leaves, but says that he will always fight and that the White Legs will remain strong warriors for Caesar.
- "I've already crushed your warriors. Retreat now and rebuild your tribe, or die in obscurity." Salt-Upon-Wounds leaves to rebuild his tribe, promising that one day he will come back stronger than ever.
- "Daniel and the Sorrows are weak prey, not fit for such mighty warriors." Salt-Upon-Wounds agrees with this and leaves to find more worthy opponents for his tribe to fight.
- Once Salt-Upon-Wounds has been dealt with, speak to Daniel. He will ask if everyone has been accounted for. Saying "Yes, go!" will progress you to the next stage of the quest. If you have not completed the three side-quest missions Prisoners of War, Sanctity of the Dead, and Retake the Bridge, you will have lost your chance to do so. Joshua Graham leaves your party at this point.
- You are given a detonator that is set to detonate the C-4 placed above the mouth of the Pine Creek Tunnel. Firing the detonator will collapse the passage and prevent any White Legs from following Daniel and the Sorrows out of Zion. Once you detonate the C4, you receive the achievement/trophy May my Hand Forget its Skill, and then the ending sequence plays.
- If you have the Sneering Imperialist perk you can call Salt-Upon-Wounds "General Gobbledigook." This will of course anger him, and he will engage the player character in combat.
|20||Fight your way to the Pine Creek Tunnel.|
|30||Deal with Salt-Upon-Wounds|
|40||Quest finished||Speak to Daniel.|
|50||Quest finished||Use the detonator to collapse the Pine Creek tunnel|
- Once this quest is started, all wildlife will disappear from Zion Canyon until it is completed.
- It is not possible to fast travel after this quest begins.
- Upon beginning this quest, Waking Cloud or Follows-Chalk will leave the Courier as a companion. Everything in their inventory will be returned, possibly resulting in over encumberment. Furthermore, Joshua Graham will become a companion, but will refuse to trade inventory items.
- After beginning the quest, other side quests (Prisoners of War, Retake the Bridge, and Sanctity of the Dead) will appear. The completion status of these quests will affect the ending of Honest Hearts.
- If every optional objective is not completed, Daniel will scold The Courier for not doing everything that could have been done.
- Be careful while crossing the Pine Creek Bridge, as Joshua Graham may fall into the water.
- After completing this quest, the Sorrows camp and Dead Horses camp will be empty.
- The ending for the White Legs does not depend upon whether or not the Courier kills Salt-Upon-Wounds.
- If order to loot dead bodies in Pine Creek, after completing the 'Fight your way to the Pine Creek Tunnel' objective, do so before getting too close to Salt-Upon-Wounds, otherwise the force-greet will initiate. Once the dialogue options with him are finished, it becomes impossible to interact with the corpses before speaking to Daniel to finish the quest. Subsequently, the corpses will have vanished after returning to their locations.
- Even though at the end of the quest the Pine Creek tunnel must be destroyed, there is no quest or any dialog associated with planting explosives around it.
- xbox360 Sometimes the optional quests will not show up in one's Pip-Boy. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Some Sorrows tribals may be left behind at the tunnel after the completion of this quest. [verified]