Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| || For an overview of all grenades, see Hand grenades.|
For an overview of other stun grenades, see Stun grenades.
You have found a Flash Bang grenade! Flash Bangs are special grenades that:
- Deal Fatigue damage.
- Reduce enemy weapon skills.
- Have a chance to Frenzy Tunnelers.
The flash bang is a different type of grenade that deals fatigue damage. In addition, they also reduce enemy weapon skills and have a chance to frenzy tunnelers. Upon detonation, the grenade releases a large explosion of blue colored energy.
Getting caught in a flash bang's radius yourself causes your screen to either blur or turn completely white, depending on how close you were to the blast. In addition, your hearing is severely affected. In other words, you are completely combat-ineffective until the effects wear off.
- Found on the body of a dead NCR trooper when first entering the collapsed overpass tunnel.
- Can be found on and used by marked hunters and marked scouts in varying amounts (1-3+).
- Can be found on the occasional dead NCR troopers or NCR Rangers, typically in caves or other dark areas.
- Can be bought when accessing the Commissary terminal, which usually holds 5 each time.
- Flash bangs were originally going to appear in the main game, but were cut for unknown reasons. They were going to be named stun grenades.
- Flash bangs have a decently large blast radius, and with the perk Splash Damage added, the radius becomes very large, and has a chance of inflicting the effects upon the player as well if he/she is not careful.
- If a Courier throws the flash bang too close to themselves, they may suffer from crippled limbs.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Flash bangs do not exclude the player or robots from receiving Fatigue damage as other sources of Fatigue damage do. This can allow the Courier to render a robot or even themselves "Unconscious." [verified]
- pc Flash bangs can cause player to lose all combat skills (being reduced to 0 permanently). Load previous save. [verification overdue]