| ||For an overview of flamer fuel ammunition types in the Fallout series of games, see Flamethrower fuel.|
A mixture of petro-chemicals and other flammable compounds for use in specialty flamethrowers.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- Cleansing Flame Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Flare gun Lonesome Road (add-on)
- Heavy incinerator
Box of detergent (1)
Sugar bombs (1)
Flamer fuel, homemade (20)
After use, there is a chance that the drained flamer fuel tank will be recovered and placed in the player character's inventory. Drained fuel tanks can then be recycled back into a usable tank at a workbench.
Flamer fuel (1)
Drained flamer fuel tank (3)
Flamer fuel (1)
Flamer fuel (3)
Flamer fuel, optimized (GRA) (2)
Flamer fuel, homemadeEdit
Homemade flamer fuel is made from corn-based ingredients to produce an ethanol mixture combined with the flammable properties of detergent to create a deadly fuel mixture. Due to the crude nature of the fuel, homemade fuel severely stresses a flamer, degrading its condition three times as quickly. Every recipe yields 20 units of fuel. A Science skill of 50 is needed to produce the fuel.
Flamer fuel, optimizedEdit
Added in Gun Runners' Arsenal, this sub-type causes 30% more damage, provides some Damage Threshold negation, and weighs less than the standard flamer fuel. The only drawbacks are a slight (10%) increase in weapon degradation and increased fuel usage (it takes three regular units to produce two optimized ones). It requires Vigilant Recycler and can only be crafted at a workbench.
|Ammunition type||- Ammunition type||Spread modifier||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|Damage modifier||- Weapon Damage modifier||Bonus effect||- Ammo bonus effects|
|Damage Threshold modifier||- Target Damage Threshold modifier||Craftable||- Ammo is craftable|
|Condition penalty||- Weapon Condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Ammunition type||Damage modifier||Damage Threshold modifier||Condition penalty||Spread modifier||Craftable||Percentage chance of empty casing|
|Flamer fuel, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||yes||25% chance|
|Flamer fuel, homemade||x 1||x 1||x 3||x 1||yes||0% chance|
|Flamer fuel, optimized fnvgra||x 1.3||-5||x 1.1||x 1||yes||25% chance|
- Can sometimes be purchased at the Dino Bite gift shop.
- Can be purchased at the Silver Rush, as flame-throwers are classed as energy weapons.
- Can also be found on destroyed Mister Gutsy and Mister Handy robots.
- Can often be found on Fiends, located in Vault 3.
- Can be purchased from the Boomer munitions manager in the Nellis hangars.
- Optimized flamer fuel is the only way to get any Damage Threshold reduction out of any weapon using flamer fuel.
Behind the scenesEdit
Detergents can be used as fuel additives. Typical detergents are long-chain amines and amides such as polyisobuteneamine and polyisobuteneamide/succinimide.
- ↑ Werner Dabelstein, Arno Reglitzky, Andrea Schütze, Klaus Reders. Automotive Fuels. Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, 2002. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim. doi:10.1002/14356007.a16_719.pub2