| ||For an overview of flamer fuel ammunition types in the Fallout series of games, see Flamethrower fuel.|
A mixture of petro-chemicals and other flammable compounds for use in specialty flamethrowers.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- Cleansing Flame Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Flare gun Lonesome Road (add-on)
- Heavy incinerator
Box of detergent (1)
Sugar bombs (1)
Flamer fuel, homemade (20)
Flamer fuel (1)
Drained flamer fuel tank (3)
Flamer fuel (1)
Conversion (change variant)Edit
Flamer fuel (3)
Flamer fuel, optimized (GRA) (2)
- ¹ Due to Vigilant Recycler having Science 70 as a pre-requisite, optimized flamer fuel can not be made at the skill listed in the workbench.
Flamer fuel, homemadeEdit
Homemade flamer fuel is made from corn based ingredients to produce an ethanol mixture combined with the flammable properties of detergent to create a deadly fuel mixture. The homemade fuel mixture can quickly degrade the flamer due to the crude nature of the fuel. Every recipe yields 20 units of fuel (a Science skill of 50 is needed to produce the fuel).
Flamer fuel, optimizedEdit
Added in Gun Runners' Arsenal, this sub-type causes 30% more damage, penetrates armor more effectively, and weighs less than the standard flamer fuel. The only drawbacks are a slight increase in weapon degradation and increased fuel usage (it takes 3 regular units to produce 2 Optimized ones). It requires Vigilant Recycler and can only be crafted at a workbench.
|Ammunition type||- Ammunition type||Spread modifier||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|Damage modifier||- Weapon Damage modifier||Bonus effect||- Ammo bonus effects|
|Damage Threshold modifier||- Target Damage Threshold modifier||Craftable||- Ammo is craftable|
|Condition penalty||- Weapon Condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Ammunition type||Damage modifier||Damage Threshold modifier||Condition penalty||Spread modifier||Craftable||Percentage chance of empty casing|
|Flamer fuel, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||yes||25% chance|
|Flamer fuel, homemade||x 1||x 1||x 3||x 1||yes||0% chance|
|Flamer fuel, optimized fnvgra||x 1.3||-5||x 1.1||x 1||yes||25% chance|
- Flamer fuel can sometimes be purchased at the Dino Bite gift shop.
- Flamer fuel can be purchased at the Silver Rush, as flame-throwers are classed as energy weapons.
- Flamer fuel can also be found on destroyed Mister Gutsy and Mister Handy robots.
- Flamer fuel can often be found on Fiends, located in Vault 3.
- Flamer fuel can be purchased from the Boomer munitions manager in the Nellis hangars.
- Occasionally, flamer fuel will leave behind drained flamer fuel tanks, four of which can be combined at a workbench into a new fuel tank, the Vigilant Recycler Perk reduces this to 3 empty tanks.
- Optimized flamer fuel is the only way to get any DT reduction out of any weapon using flamer fuel.
Behind the scenesEdit
Detergents are often at times used as fuel additives. Typical detergents are long chain amines and amides such as polyisobuteneamine and polyisobuteneamide/succinimide.