Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The squad leader's got some promise, kid named Mags, but as for the rest... I don't see much hope.”— Sgt. McCredie
|Side Quest: Flags of Our Foul-Ups|
|Talk to Sgt. McCredie.|
|Talk to O'Hanrahan and follow his advice.||Talk to Mags and follow her advice.||Talk to Poindexter and follow his advice.||Talk to Razz and follow his advice.|
|Talk to Mags, Poindexter and Razz and convince them to work together with speech checks for each.||Take the squad to the firing range and teach them, successful on a guns and explosive check.||Go to the two computer terminals and alter the squad's records, the second terminal requiring a science check.||Go to Red Rock Canyon and talk to Jack, then bring the psycho package back to Razz.|
|Reward: Varying XP depending on actions|
Start the quest by talking to Sgt. McCredie.
Follow O'Hanrahan's adviceEdit
Talk to O'Hanrahan about talking to the whole troop about improving teamwork and strengthening their relationships. The player will need to pass a Speech check of 40 to convince Poindexter, Mags, and Razz. The player will gain experience for each party member that is convinced.
The player will receive 40 XP for each of the members convinced and then 200 XP once complete (Total XP = 40 + 40 + 40 + 200 = 320) and positive fame with the NCR. Additionally, the team looks to be working well together.
Follow Mags' adviceEdit
Use Mags' advice, and teach the squad. The player will need a Guns skill of 45 and an Explosives skill of 45 to get the squad to pass the firing and grenade range. The player will need to pass a Guns check of 25, 35, and 45 respectively for this choice. The "Milsurp Review" will add 10 points (+20 with Comprehension) to the Guns statistic if the player needs it. The player will also need to pass an Explosives check of 25, 35, and 45 respectively. The "Patriot's Cookbook" will add 10 points (+20 with Comprehension) to the Explosives statistic if needed.
The player will receive 200 XP and additional (31+43+55)*2=258 XP (with 10% gain) while teaching the squad and positive fame with the NCR. Additionally, the team looks to be working well together.
Follow Poindexter's adviceEdit
Suggest to Poindexter that the system could be cheated. He'll give the advice to hack the terminal in the House Lodge so that the squad doesn't have to do any work.
There are two hackable computers. The one in the lobby requires no Science skill, but it must be accessed when nobody is looking. The other one needs a Science skill of 75 but can be accessed at any time.
NCR infamy will be increased and Karma will be lost when the player alters the records, but upon completion of the quest 200 XP and positive fame with NCR will be received.
Follow Razz's adviceEdit
Completing this quest gives 200 XP and positive fame with the NCR. Surprisingly, providing the misfits with drugs has no effect on Karma.
- It's worth noting that the new dialogue options are buried in conversation paths that the player has already taken. Some dialogue will have to be repeated with Poindexter, Mags, and Razz in order to obtain the new Speech options.
- The Speech check is after the player asks them about their squad-mates - which is always the second line in the dialogue choice box.
- Once the player starts a quest arc, another cannot be picked up; e.g. if the player starts with Mags and does not have the skill, it is not possible to pick up the quest arc with Poindexter until the first quest arc is completed.
- If the player chooses to train the troops' skill with weapons, it is a bad idea to pickpocket their rifles before activating this option. If the player does so, the troops will go immediately to using grenades and the quest won't be able to be completed.
- For extra XP, the player can follow part of O'Hanrahan's advice, gaining experience for talking to each squadmate (40x3), then instead of returning to O'Hanrahan to finish the quest, go and complete Mags' training the squad at the firing range.
- After the quest is completed, Mr. New Vegas may be heard talking on the radio about how a "young band of soldiers shattered NCR records on a combat readiness assessment at Camp Golf." This could be none other than the Misfits finally working together.
- If the player notices that when the Courier begins to train the squad in grenades, Mags says that they have the dummy grenades ready, but they still throw live grenades.
- On fast-travelling to Camp Golf, a lakelurk may spawn near or at the firing range. This can lead to Misfits squad members being killed, which results in quest failure.
- If the player travels to Camp Golf from the South-West, the Misfits can come under attack by Legionary assassins and be killed.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The title of this quest is a reference to the 2000 book, Flags of Our Fathers.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Mags may become unresponsive at the gun range. Simply push her out of place and let her return to her position to talk to her. This may also be caused by some of the squad getting stuck in place and not lining up. Loading an autosave gets them moving and you can talk to Mags when everyone is lined up. Walking into and out of one of the tents may help as well. [verified]
- ps3 On first arriving at Camp Golf (without having completed the earlier steps in the Return to Sender quest) Sgt. McCredie may sometimes be found dead (killed by a cazador) at the entrance to the tent at the base of the ramps up to the House Resort building. This will prevent being able to start this quest. [verified]
- ps3 Sometimes, the Misfits will cluster together too closely when training together at the firearms range, causing them to kill each other. This is especially dangerous once you speak with Mags and agree to assist with grenade training. [verified]
- pc It's sometimes impossible to finish the quest No, Not Much before completing this one, so finish this quest before starting that one.[verified]
- pc After the gun range portion of training Mags may remain crouched. Dialog options are available but after all are in position for grenades she no longer responds. Initiating a load screen after the gun training will unlock Mags and allow the grenade training to proceed. If it fails, make Mags drop its grenade launcher with console commands before the rifle training, so she will equip her rifle and the quest will continue normally. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 Prior to patch, it's possible to gain infinite XP by repeatedly performing the Speech check with Razz. [verified]
- pc After successfully completing the quest and talking again to Sgt. McCredie, you may find that the line of conversation that led to the quest is still available to you (beginning with "Sounds like you're a little disappointed in your troops.") Selecting it does not, however, begin the quest again.[verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 After quest completion, the misfits may clump together at the targeting range, firing continuously at the targets long after the finish of the quest. [verified]
- pc It is possible for the misfits to kill themselves while throwing their grenades. They can throw too many grenades at once causing some of the undetonated ones to be launched back towards the misfits. The undetonated grenades then explode near the misfits, killing them. [verified]
- pc It is possible for Fiends to attack Camp Golf while the misfits are lined up at the firing range. This will cause the misfits to run around the camp until the Fiends are killed. You may need to enter and then leave a tent to reset the misfits. [verified]
- pc ps3 If the player chooses O'Hanrahan's option, the speech checks may not appear in the dialog trees of the others. However, the quest can still be advanced by choosing to side with another member. [verified]