Took too much Jet and now you can't have enough? Had so much Buffout you're on a roid rage? Have no fear, Fixer is here! With Fixer you can take away all those nasty habits for a limited time!”
Despite the ability to combat addictions, the attempt to temporarily flush out the effects of addiction causes a side-effect of nausea, described further in the Characteristics section below.
Fixer semi-permanently clears any addiction; the addiction is in fact removed, but it can be reacquired by continued use of the drug that caused it. It also causes the player character to "feel woozy," which produces a visual and auditory effect similar to having been poisoned that lasts for a certain amount of time. Roughly every 15 to 30 seconds, the player's vision will blur and a loud static noise will play, which can be a hindrance in combat if the player is not prepared for it, but it will pass eventually.
- Dr. Ada Straus in Novac sometimes sells Fixer and other assorted chems.
- A few can be bought from Dixon in Freeside, near the east gate.
- 3 can be found on top of a dresser at Camp Golf, inside the House resort on the second floor.
- 1 can be found at Allied Technologies Offices inside the offices, on a desk in the room to the east.
- 2 can be found at Camp McCarran, in both medical tents.
- The second tent from the left immediately entering Camp McCarran has the potential to contain 3 Fixers.
- 3 can be found on top of a dresser in Jacobstown, inside Jacobstown Lodge on the second floor. (This room looks almost exactly the same as the one at Camp Golf.) Another one can be found inside a dresser that's laying down on the same floor but in the east corner. (Possibly random loot)
- After completing the quest High Times you can get 1 from Julie Farkas at the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside once every 24 hours. To complete the quest you will need 10 Fixer or pass a 50 Speech or 50 Science check. The Science check reduces the Fixer requirement to one (along with a Psycho and a Buffout), while the Speech check removes the entire requirement.
- 1 can be found on the floor in the Great Khan Hideout in Boulder City.
- 1 can be found at a Fiend encampment just west of Vault 3. (Violet's camp.) It's in the small camper to the south-west.
- 3 can be found inside Aerotech Suite 200 at Aerotech Office Park. One is under a book on top of the bookcase next to the caravan shotgun. The other one is on the floor behind the bookcase. The third one is in the room to the left as you enter, on a desk.
- 1 can be bought from Calamity in the lodge in Jacobstown.
- A randomized amount may be purchased from the bartender in Brimstone, Gomorrah's bar/strip club.
- 3 inside separate safes on the casino level of the Lucky 38, with various other chems. - Xbox 360
- 2 inside separate safes on the casino level of the Lucky 38, with various other chems. - PS3
- 1 can be found in the Red Rock Drug Lab in a footlocker in the closest trailer to the rest of the camp.
- The 188 Trading Post also has multiple Fixers available.
- In the El Rey Motel, second floor, 1 Fixer can be found inside a easy locked room, on a crazed chem addict.(In front of camp McCarran)
- 2 Fixers can be found inside dressers in the Vault 21's guest rooms.
- 2 Fixers can be found inside Vault 3 in one of the locked rooms (requires lock pick)
- Friend of the Followers ((Optional) The player can donate some chems to Julie Farkas.)
- High Times (If you cannot pass the speech check.)
- Happy Trails Expedition (The player can sell one to Ricky. If they diagnose him as a Psycho addict, they can charge him the exorbitant price of 80 caps, which is four times the chem's 20 caps base value.)
- Waiting can be used to skip the side effects of Fixer.
- An alternative solution is to take a dose of antivenom. After using antivenom, the "poison removed" message will appear and the Fixer side effects will be gone.
- The Chemist perk will double the length of time that the wooziness affects you, and provides no actual benefits to using Fixer.
- Fixer is unable to fix the addiction to Ultrajet.