Took too much Jet and now you can't have enough? Had so much Buffout you're on a roid rage? Have no fear, Fixer is here! With Fixer you can take away all those nasty habits for a limited time!”
Despite the ability to combat addictions, the attempt to temporarily flush out the effects of addiction causes a side-effect of nausea, described further in the Characteristics section below.
Fixer clears any addiction; the addiction is in fact removed and will not reoccur by itself, but it can always be reacquired by continued use of the drug that caused it. It also causes the player character to "feel woozy," which produces a visual and auditory effect similar to having been poisoned that lasts for a certain amount of time. Roughly every 15 to 30 seconds, the player's vision will blur and a loud static noise will play, which can be a hindrance in combat if the player is not prepared for it, but it will pass eventually.
- 5 are carried by Veronica after recruiting her as a companion.
- 3 can be found on top of a dresser at Camp Golf, inside the House Resort on the second floor.
- 3 can be found inside Aerotech Suite 200 at Aerotech Office Park. One is under a book on top of the bookcase next to the caravan shotgun. The other one is on the floor behind the bookcase. The third one is in the room to the left as you enter, on a desk.
- 3 can be found on top of a dresser in Jacobstown, inside Jacobstown lodge on the second floor. (This room looks almost exactly the same as the one at Camp Golf.) Another one can be found inside a dresser that's laying down on the same floor but in the east corner. (Possibly random loot)
- The second tent from the left immediately entering Camp McCarran has the potential to contain 3 Fixers.
- 2 Fixers can be found inside dressers in the Vault 21's guest rooms.
- 2 Fixers can be found inside Vault 3 in one of the locked rooms (requires lock pick)
- 2 can be found at Camp McCarran, in both medical tents.
- A few can be bought from Dixon in Freeside, near the east gate.
- Dr. Ada Straus in Novac sometimes sells Fixer and other assorted chems.
- A randomized amount may be purchased from the bartender in Brimstone, Gomorrah's bar/strip club.
- After completing the quest High Times you can get 1 from Julie Farkas at the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside once every 24 hours. To complete the quest you will need 10 Fixer or pass a 50 Speech or 50 Science check. The Science check reduces the Fixer requirement to one (along with a Psycho and a Buffout), while the Speech check removes the entire requirement.
- The 188 trading post also has multiple Fixers available.
- Dead Money Located on top of a fluorescent light, along with a Party Time Mentats in Puesta del Sol in the room above the hard locked gate leading to the Service Route, the room with the Very Hard locked terminal controlling the hologram.
- Friend of the Followers and Short-Term Treatment.
- High Times (if you cannot pass the speech check.)
- Happy Trails Expedition (The player can sell one to Ricky. If they diagnose him as a Psycho addict, they can charge him the exorbitant price of 80 caps, which is four times the chem's 20 caps base value.)
- On the box, Med-Tek, is spelled Med-Tex, whether this is a mistake, developer oversight or the plural is unknown.
- Waiting can be used to skip the side effects of Fixer.
- The Chemist perk will double the length of time that the wooziness affects you, and provides no actual benefits to using Fixer.
- A very similar drug, Addictol, is found in Fallout 4.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Fixer will permanently cure all addictions save for Ultrajet addiction, as it includes both the "Temporary Addiction Removal" and normal "Addiction Removal" effects, the latter of which is permanent. Additionally, the "Temporary Addiction Removal" effect does not actually eliminate any withdrawal symptoms, as they are mistakenly suppressed by the unused "Ignore Crippled Limbs" effect associated with Fallout 3's prototype medic power armor. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Fixer has no effect on Ultrajet addiction, permanent or temporary. [verified]