It is a Molotov cocktail, made out of a Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle, filled with a flammable substance and stuffed with a rag to ignite it. It will also turn enemies into piles of green goo if the killing blow is a Critical Hit, similar to that of a plasma rifle.
- One can be found in Angel Cave, on the way to Joshua Graham, clutched in the hand of a partially buried skeleton. (Must be stolen.)
- White Legs light-bringers and Dead Horses stalkers carry them.
- Joshua Graham will usually have some for sale.
- It can be purchased from Vendortron at the Gun Runners, after returning to the Mojave Wasteland.
- Occasionally can be purchased from Chet at Goodsprings
- Can occasionally be purchased from Michelle Kerr at the 188 trading post.
- Can also be purchased from Alexander, underneath the overpass at the 188 trading post.
- The fire bomb and the Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle vary in several ways, although they are supposedly the same object. The most notable variations are the bottles' lengths and the fact that the drink's label is single and wraps all the way around, while the weapon's does not. Also the bottle has a different coloration.
- Fire bombs also provide an alternative (and somewhat hilarious) version of the Exploding Pants trick. Instead of your target exploding (as with other explosives), they will erupt into flames and collapse. If your target is knocked down, they will simply erupt into flames on whatever they were lying on.
- They can be tricky to use since like a grenade, they do not go off on contact so they can bounce away from your target. Also, they have a small effect radius. These two combined make them difficult to use outside of V.A.T.S.
- Once in awhile, a fire bomb may set an enemy on fire, and your target will still show full health and engage in further combat, even when hit directly.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The fire bomb is based off a home-made explosive known as a Molotov cocktail.