|Brotherhood of Steel main Quest: Fire Support|
|Listen to Military frequency AF95.|
|Proceed to Cambridge police station.|
|Assist the soldiers.|
|Speak to Paladin Danse.|
|Reward: 300 XP|
Brotherhood of Steel flag to craft in settlements
|Leads to: Call to Arms|
While traveling near Lexington and College Square (or just south of the Corvega assembly plant if heading southeast from Concord) the Sole Survivor's Pip-Boy will pick up a military radio broadcast (AF95). The broadcast details a cry for help from the Brotherhood of Steel stationed at the Cambridge Police Station.
Head towards the location and the player character will be faced with a horde of feral ghouls attacking the Brotherhood members stationed there. Assist the soldiers and when the fight ends speak to the commander, Paladin Danse.
If the Sole Survivor agrees to assist him, the Call to Arms quest will begin. Alternatively, they can persuade Danse to hire them as a mercenary, resulting in a higher sum of caps for the same quest.
If one has completed The Nuclear Option in favor of the Commonwealth Minutemen prior to approaching the police station, and remain on amicable terms with the Brotherhood, Danse will instead gift the Sole Survivor his laser rifle and send them on their way.
- Asking to be hired as a mercenary results in likes from Cait and MacCready and dislikes from Codsworth, Deacon, Nick, Piper and Preston.
- Offering to help results in likes from Curie and Piper and dislikes from Cait and MacCready.
- Saying "You're doomed" results in likes from MacCready, Deacon and X6-88 and dislikes from Codsworth, Nick and Preston.
- pc Sometimes after defeating all the ghouls, the Brotherhood of Steel members refuse to talk, as if there are more ghouls incoming. A suggested to fix this is to use the console command setstage 0005ddab 40.[verified]
- ps4 xboxone Sometimes after defeating all the ghouls, the Brotherhood of Steel members refuse to talk, as if there are more ghouls incoming. As yet there is no fix for this. You need to reload your last save and try again until it does not bug out. It can take many attempts (10+).[verification overdue]
- pc ps4 xboxone After triggering the 'check fire' bug if you continue the main story quests to The Molecular Level, Virgil gives you an optional quest objective to talk to the Brotherhood and you get a map marker to speak to Danse at which point you have speech options, you need to tell him you are there for help, then say no to his offer to join up, which kicks you out of dialogue, but gives you the chance to talk to him again which then has the post 'Fire Support' fight dialogue options, accept there and 'Fire Support' should complete and leave you to carry on with the Brotherhood storyline.[verified]
- pc After killing all ghouls in the area, you will be told to speak to Paladin Danse. No fix known. [verification overdue]
- xboxone It is possible when you arrive that Paladin Danse will become hostile, attacking you and making it impossible to engage in conversation. One fix is to simply go to Cambridge Police Station after getting the Reveille quest (if you did indeed receive it). At this time it is unclear what causes the bug but skipping the trip to Boston International Airport altogether and going directly to Cambridge Police Station seems to fix it. Upon arriving at the station, Reveille will automatically complete itself and Danse will then speak to you as normal after the ghouls have all been dealt with, allowing the quest to be completed. [verification overdue]