Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For the trait, see Finesse (trait).|
This perk grants an extra 5% chance to land a critical hit upon an opponent regardless of the player's Luck attribute. This bonus is affected by a Weapons critical multiplier.
Although an extra 5% critical chance is undoubtedly helpful to any character, combining Finesse with other critical-enhancing effects ensures you get the most bang for your buck.
- Taking the Better Criticals perk increases critical damage by 50%.
- Using a weapon with a critical multiplier, such as the hunting rifle or bladed gauntlet, greatly increases your chances of a critical without using an extra perk. A character with 5 Luck, Finesse, and a hunting rifle has a 20% critical chance outside of V.A.T.S.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, the Built to Destroy trait increases critical chance by 3% while increasing the rate at which your weapons degrade.
Characters with very low Luck arguably do not benefit as much from Finesse, as they are not typically reliant on critical chance to be effective. This also holds true for characters that almost always attack from stealth - sneak attacks are always criticals and do not rely on critical chance.
- In the Official Fallout 3 Strategy Guide, under the Luck section, it states incorrectly that you need a minimum of 6 Luck to acquire the Finesse perk. There is no minimum Luck score (or other prerequisites, for that matter) to select it.
- In the Official Fallout: New Vegas Strategy Guide, in the Critical Chance section, it states that Finesse adds an additional 15% critical chance to unarmed and melee attacks instead of the usual 5%. This is not stated elsewhere in New Vegas material.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, having the Finesse perk and 10 Luck while using the 1st Recon beret and a weapon with 5x critical chance, you can have a 100% chance of getting a critical hit.