Find the Water Thief
Don't touch me! I don't have anything. Now leave me alone!”— Water thief
|Side Quest: Find the Water Thief|
|Speak to the water guard, Cindy or Lyle.|
|Go to the Level 3 and wait until midnight.|
|Confront the water thief.|
|Kill the thief.||Convince the thief to search his pockets.|
|Reward: 500 XP||Speak to the officer.|
|Reward: 1000 XP|
- Lyle located on the second level, second room from the left of the screen on the south side.
- Cindy located on the second level, first room from the right of the screen on the south side.
- The water guard located on level 3, outside the storeroom door.
After speaking to any of these people about the water thief, enter the room nearest the elevator on level three and stay there until midnight. A lone vault dweller will leave the elevator and walk around the level before entering the water storage room (the room with multiple lockers).
When he exits the room, the Vault Dweller needs to confront him and insist on searching him. This requires the Vault Dweller to pass a Charisma check of 7 and above, or he will attack. After he is searched, the Vault Dweller will be taken immediately to the Vault 13 officer, who will thank them for their aid, which completes the quest.
The amount of experience varies based on how the Vault Dweller handled the situation:
- 1000 XP for ending the matter peacefully.
- 500 XP for killing the water thief.
Completion of the main quest, Find the Water Chip, voids the ability to initiate or complete this quest. The Vault Dweller can still complete this quest even if they have obtained the water chip, so long as it has not been given to Overseer Jacoren.