Finch farm consists of a concrete cooking station, a water pump, a small cottage containing four beds where the Finches sleep, and a semi-fenced in farm plot that mainly consists of mutfruit. There is also a ruined overpass overhead on which housing may be constructed.
On the road just west of Finch Farm, a destroyed military convoy can be found (unmarked location - Railroad Checkpoint). In the truck is a suit of power armor with a fully charged fusion core and random leveled armor pieces. One can also find ammo boxes with random ammunition.
- Out of the Fire: Abraham Finch tasks the player character with retrieving his family sword, the Shishkebab, from local raiders known as the Forged.
- Finch Farm has a 13 story build-height limit, making it one of the tallest in the game. It is second only to Abernathy Farm's 20 stories.
- The ruined overpass above the farm is within the construction area of the settlement and can be built upon. It contains wrecked trucks which can be scrapped for components.
- It is possible to build a water purifier in the northeastern corner of the construction area, next to the highway support structure.
- It is possible to reach the highway above the farm by building an access staircase. It is an excellent spot for defense turrets, particularly rocket turrets.
- Even if the whole Finch family is killed, the four beds in the shack cannot be scrapped, stored, or otherwise moved. Any of the four, however, can be slept in. (The beds can be removed with console commands, and the Finch family will adopt new beds if placed.)
- It is possible to overhear a conversation between Abigail and Daniel that discusses who would be a good wife to Daniel. Daniel is dismissive, though his mother insists. Lucy Abernathy is mentioned ("even though her mother is a witch", as Abigail says), to which Daniel replies that Lucy is interested in Hawthorne, regardless of whether he is alive or dead. Janey Warwick is also mentioned, whom Daniel states is too young for him.
The Finch farm only appears in Fallout 4.
pc xboxone The ceiling of the shack may act as if it's air rather than a solid object. Although objects like lights and power conduits can be placed on said ceiling with no issues, it may get to the point where the player is able to place a staircase inside the shack and run straight through the ceiling and onto the roof.[verified]