Fallout Faction Overhaul Project
Bug Verification Project
Pack of drugged-out killers. They're addicted to every pill, every stim, every psychoactive enema on this fucked-up Earth.”— Major Dhatri
Made savage by excessive chem use, the Fiends of New Vegas are the most numerous and troublesome raiders of the Mojave Wasteland.”— Fallout: New Vegas loading screen
Vault 3 was once an ordinary, happy vault. Unfortunately, it—and the entire southwestern part of the New Vegas conurbation—has been taken over by a large force of raiders calling themselves the Fiends. They are unexceptional in every way, but there are a slew of them. The vault itself is wide-open, practically being a feral den for the Fiends and their huge packs of dogs. Whether it is murder, rape, or shooting innocents for sport, the Fiends are more than happy to bring their anarchy to this area, which has become a source of growing concern for the NCR. The Fiends are erratic and dangerous; their mental stability isn’t helped by the fact that they are almost constantly high on chems, most of which are provided by the Great Khans.
The Fiends have little organization except for their occupation of Vault 3. Violet, Cook-cook, Driver Nephi, and Motor-Runner seem to be the central leaders, with Motor-Runner being the main leader since he is the one running Vault 3. They also, like many other raiders split into small war-parties, usually between 3-4 members, which allows them to cover a enormous portion of New Vegas.
Relations with the outsideEdit
The Fiends attack anyone aside from the Great Khans, who supply them with chems. With a Speech skill of 64, you can tell the Fiend guarding Vault 3's entrance that you are a chem supplier, which you can sell for 20 caps each (22 with a Barter skill of 65). The Fiends are a constant problem for the NCR, especially for Camp McCarran. It has been big enough that Major Dhatri is putting bounties on the leaders' heads.
The Fiends make use of what is available in their surroundings, with the most basic approach. Outside, they are usually gathered around campfires, where much of their scavenged items such as first aid and ammunition boxes can be found. At times, they utilize traps in order to protect their shelter, evident in the many traps found inside Zapp's Neon Signs.
They have a varied set of weapons: energy weapons like laser RCWs and plasma rifles are quite common, while some of them carry flamers. Basic melee weapons include hatchets, knives, and pool cues, while advanced melee weapons like the chainsaw and Ripper are found among a few members. They are mostly found carrying basic guns like caravan shotguns, varmint rifles, and silenced .22 SMGs. They may very rarely carry missile launchers, albeit only if the player is level 15 or over.
- Fiends sometimes spawn near The Thorn and start attacking people at Westside South Entrance. They may also sometimes enter The Thorn, but will be killed instantly by the guards.
- Fiends are hated by almost all residents of Westside, as they are a constant danger to the settlement.
- Fiends always have red eyes, a side effect from their constant chem consumption.
- There are many Fiends in Vault 3 that can be found already dead in several residential rooms, apparently having died of either chem overdoses or fatal infighting between themselves.
- Fiends may sometimes spawn and attack the player outside of the Crimson Caravan camp.
- Upon fast-traveling to Camp McCarran, two Fiends may be attacking the entrance.
- Upon fast-traveling to Freeside East Gate, some Fiends may be spawned nearby.
- Fiends can sometimes be fighting in The Thorn.
- A group of four to six Fiends will always respawn around Fiend territory. A group of three fiends respawn at a fixed location between Brewer's beer bootlegging and Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters.
- The Fiends may constantly be found in a firefight against patrolling NCR troopers around the area surrounding the New Vegas Strip.
- Killing Fiends grants positive Karma.
- pc When you have dealt with Motor-Runner and the Fiends in a friendly way during Aba Daba Honeymoon or by passing a Speech Check at the entrance to Vault 3 the Fiends might become permanently friendly. Entering SetPCEnemyOfFaction 000ef323 1 in the console will make them hostile again. [verified]