A chemical substance used mainly for enriching soil for farming, but in-game is used mostly for creating explosives at the chemistry station.
With the addition of the Contraptions Workshop add-on, it is also used to craft ammo.
- Fertilizer can be found all around the Commonwealth.
- For sale at Diamond City Surplus.
- Connie Abernathy sells two shipments of 25.
- Daniel Finch sells a shipment of 25.
- Supervisor Greene sells two shipments of 25.
- If the player has a brahmin in their settlement, such as the one at Abernathy farm or purchasing one from Kelly, then fertilizer will be gathered at a rate of one per day and added to the workbench similar to excess purified water and scrap collected by settlers. If the player places a brahmin feed trough in a settlement, settlers will bring at least one brahmin. With the Wasteland Workshop DLC, the Sole Survivor can build brahmin cages to capture brahmins.