The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Brotherhood of Steel side quest: Feeding the troops|
|Speak to Proctor Teagan|
|travel to the designated settlement|
|Pay for supplies.||Eliminate the settlers|
|Return to Proctor Teagan|
|Reward: 100+ XP|
Head to the Prydwen and speak to Proctor Teagan and ask if he has any work. He will send the Sole Survivor to a settlement in order to "persuade" them to donate food by any means necessary. This can be done by purchasing crops from the settlers, or by eliminating them, which will result in the Brotherhood of Steel claiming the settlement. Regardless of the path taken, return to Proctor Teagan to complete the quest and collect one's reward.
Settlements asking for helpEdit
It may be expected that Paladin Danse will approve of acquiring a settlement for the Brotherhood, but this is true only if you shell out the full asking price of 1,000 caps to the owner (although this may be due to the mission not being an "official" task for the Brotherhood as Teagan concedes if you call him out on the nature of the request). Haggling the price down to 500 caps will cause no effect. Donation persuasion choices will yield a like from Danse. Killing off the farmers is considered murder and, like all such cases with Danse and most other companions, will cause disapproval, and may cause Danse to angrily point out that murder is prohibited by the Brotherhood. Also, for an unknown reason, Brotherhood soldiers will not spawn in the Brotherhood controlled settlements.
- pc xboxone Each mission directs to the first farm repeatedly. A simple work around is to kill the settler you're supposed to speak with for the quest. [verified]
- pc Completing this quest resets Proctor Teagan's inventory, allowing you to buy more sets of T-51 armor & frame.[verified]
- pc ps4 xboxone If Covenant is selected as the target settlement, there will be no voiced dialogue for Jacob Orden when bartering for the crops.[verified]
- pc ps4 After killing all the settlers (Not children as it is not possible, they will run away.) obtaining the crops from the settlement, you will be notified that the Brotherhood of Steel now controls that settlement; however, the player can still build and control the settlement as normal.[verified]
- xboxone Sanctuary Hills is still a valid settlement to build at once the quest is completed peacefully by asking for a "donation" of crops. It is unknown if the Minutemen presence has anything to do with this occurance.