Fat Man Little Boy kit
Weapon mod case
This mod decreases the weapon's weight by 50%, making the new weight 15 pounds instead of 30. Visually, it significantly reduces the length of the launch piston assembly, replaces the trigger and guard with a single larger lever, replaces some metal parts of the launch rail with plastics, and also changes the color of some components to red.
- Sold by:
- Prior to patch 18.104.22.1682, the kit was only worth 100 caps.
- This and the Heavyweight perk can reduce the Fat Man's weight to 7.5 lbs.
- Despite not having a (GRA) mark, it can be applied to the Fat Man (GRA).
Behind the scenesEdit
- Fat Man and Little Boy were the names of the two atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima (August 6) and Nagasaki (August 9), Japan during the end of the World War II, when the Japanese forces surrendered to America on Aug 14th, 1945.
- In the Japanese version, the name "Fat Man" is changed to "Nuka Launcher," yet the Little Boy kit remains the same.
- ps3 xbox360 In order to get the benefit of the reduced weight, the modified Fat Man must leave your inventory and then be re-added. Since this is not done automatically by the game, you'll need to drop it, give it to a companion, or place it in a container, then take it back. [verified]