| ||For the actual station itself, see Farragut West station.|
The Farragut West station is typically the first metro the Lone Wanderer encounters. The station is located to the east of Super-Duper Mart and north of Wilhelm's Wharf, across the river from both. The area consists of an open plaza with the station entrance and a small wharf along the river at the bottom of a short flight of steps, with a small stash of ammunition and medical items kept by raiders.
Initially there are only three raiders patrolling the wharf on the metro side of the river. However, when one first approaches the stash at the end of the wharf (from swimming across the river or by descending from the station plaza) two super mutants will spawn on the opposite bank, one of which will be armed with a big gun of some sort. Once the super mutants appear they will continually skirmish the raiders, as both parties regularly respawn.
Additionally, the mid-point of a patrolling random encounter is centered in front of the metro entrance, which can add further chaos to the already conflict filled location.
- A Duck and Cover! in an abandoned camp under an intact bridge (slightly past the broken one with raiders). Turn around after leaving the station and head northwest. The skill book is sitting on a table with 2 frag grenades. Watch out for the frag mine at the entrance to the camp.
- A Nikola Tesla and You in a room with a terminal and safe, across a walkway from the area where power generators and feral ghouls are enclosed by a fence. It is in the safe.
- A camera in the above room, on a desk.
- A U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes behind an averaged locked door at the bottom of the room with the ghouls in it.
- 3 pre-War books in the above-mentioned room.
- It grants access to the metro tunnel system, Farragut West station.
- A 'Type B' random encounter spawns at this location. Its patrol route runs from the highway ramp east of the station, to just before the super mutant encampment along the river to the southeast.
- If Broken Steel has been downloaded, the super mutants may be replaced with a super mutant overlord.
Farragut West Metro station appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
Farragut West station is a real metro station in Washington D.C., although its location is farther inside the D.C. area.