The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Quest: Far from Home|
|(Optional) Listen to Valentine's Detective Agency Radio.|
|Talk to Ellie.|
|Travel to the Nakano Residence.|
|Talk to Kenji Nakano.|
|(Optional) Question Kenji and Rei Nakano.|
|Investigate the Boathouse.|
|Listen to Kasumi's holotape.|
|Talk to Kenji.|
|Travel to Far Harbor.|
|Inform the Brotherhood of the synth refuge||Inform the Railroad of the synth refuge||Inform the Institute of the synth refuge|
|Reward: Placeholder reward BoS.||Reward: Placeholder reward RR.||Reward: Placeholder reward Inst.|
|Reward: Placeholder reward.|
|Leads to: Walk in the Park|
The quest can be started in either of two ways:
- Find the Nakano residence (north of the Coastal Cottage in the north east corner of the map) through exploring.
- After completing Getting a Clue a new radio station will appear on the Pip-Boy, Valentine's Detective Agency. It has a message from Ellie Perkins to come and see her about a new case. Upon reaching the agency Ellie informs the Sole Survivor of a new client, Kenji Nakano. The man's seemingly uneasy attitude points to the likelihood of a missing person case. Ellie asks the Sole Survivor to meet this new client.
Either way, once at the Nakano residence meet with Kenji and his wife, Rei. They inform the player character that their daughter, Kasumi, has gone missing, and want the Sole Survivor to help find her. Progressive questioning, besides some Charisma checks, leads the player character to the boathouse, where a holotape, locked in an Expert safe, with the key inside a picture frame on a desk, reveals that Kasumi made contact with a colony of synths near a northern location called Far Harbor, and their presence made her question her own humanity, causing her to escape to find out the truth.
Return to the Nakanos, and inform them of the discovery. Board the boat to Far Harbor, awarding the Far From Home achievement on the spot.
- If one brings Nick Valentine as the companion through out the whole add-on, this triggers a special dialogue between Nick and the other characters.
- The player doesn't need to complete Getting a Clue, going to the Nakano residence right after leaving Vault 111 will start the quest. Though later when the Sole Survivor "meets" Ellie, she will first be worried about Nick being gone, then respond as if she did send the Sole Survivor to Far Harbor (possible phases include "You're back" and "good job gum-shoe"), and then respond as though they are meeting for the first time (stating off by saying the office is closed and such).
- After learning about, and informing Kenji of Far Harbor, three options are presented, if the necessary quests have been completed, to inform the Brotherhood of Steel by talking to Lancer-Captain Kells, the Railroad by talking to Boxer, or the Institute about the existence of the synth colony.
- If this quest is listed in the journal, but has not yet been started, and if Nick is not currently a companion; he can be found sitting in his office and cannot be interacted with, until this quest is started. If Nick is already a companion for an unrelated quest then he will constantly comment that "We should head over to the Nakano Residence when we can. Find out what the case is about!"
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.