The building seems to be intact on the outside. However, both the surrounding area and inside are completely overrun by super mutants. On the front plaza is a large fire surrounding the destroyed statue, with metal spikes in the foundation itself. There are at least four super mutants; including one super mutant suicider patrolling the premises. Two doors at the front and back grant access to the building.
Three protectrons can be activated via a terminal upon an entry from the front of the building (The terminal is to the right of the entrance, behind the trash can.) Up on the roof, the Sole Survivor can start the quest The Gilded Grasshopper (if not previously started at the Valentine Detective Agency, via the Detective Case Files quest) after reading the note inside the grasshopper. It can be found on the tip of the weather vane atop the golden dome next to the ruined bell tower.
- Faneuil Hall cashier's key - In the downstairs hall, facing the west wall, turn left, and enter the small room with tires to the right. The key is on a cabinet. It opens a wall safe and a door.
- One overdue book - In the main hall, on a chair against the north wall (seems to be east if wearing power armor - see bugs).
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - In the main hall, upper southeast balcony by the door, on the stairs.
- Live & Love issue #1 - On the top floor in the small hallway, on an end table across from the American flag.
- The gilded grasshopper - On the roof of the building.
- Kidnapping - A group of super mutants can take up residence in this location after they have kidnapped a settler. The Sole Survivor is required to come here and free the settler.
- Greenskins - A settlement may request the Sole Survivor to clear out the super mutants from this area.
- The Gilded Grasshopper - This is where the player character needs to go to find the grasshopper that Nick Valentine's associate was trying to find.
- Quartermastery - This is a possible location for the radiant quest received from Scribe Haylen to retrieve an item.
Faneuil Hall only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Faneuil Hall is evidently based on Boston's Faneuil Hall, but with a few changes. The most notable is the different number of windows.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- pc ps4 xboxone Entering this building while wearing power armor causes the compass directions displayed at the bottom of the screen to be incorrectly rotated by 90°. [verified]
- pc ps4 The terminal to release the protectrons at the entrance can become inaccessible while the protectron nearest the terminal is alive in its pod. Using the console to kill the protectron will solve this. [verified]