| ||For intros in the Fallout series of games, see Intro.|
Because if my time in the army taught me one thing: it's that war, war never changes.”— Sole Survivor/Nate
When the Fallout 4 logo disappears from the screen, the Sole Survivor's narration begins and states:
War. War never changes.
In the year 1945, my great-great grandfather, serving in the army, wondered when he'd get to go home to his wife and the son he'd never seen. He got his wish when the US ended World War II by dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
The World awaited Armageddon; instead, something miraculous happened. We began to use atomic energy not as a weapon, but as a nearly limitless source of power.
People enjoyed luxuries once thought the realm of science fiction. Domestic robots, fusion-powered cars, portable computers. But then, in the 21st century, people awoke from the American dream.
Years of consumption lead to shortages of every major resource. The entire world unraveled. Peace became a distant memory. It is now the year 2077. We stand on the brink of total war, and I am afraid. For myself, for my wife, for my infant son - because if my time in the army taught me one thing: it's that war, war never changes.”— Nate, Fallout 4
- This is the first intro made with live-action footage. It was produced by Mirada and directed by Guillermo Del Toro.
- The footage of the missile carriers rolling down a suburban street was shot just outside the real-life Piru Methodist Church in Piru, California.
- Similar to Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, this intro does not have Ron Perlman as a narrator. Instead, Brian T. Delaney serves as the narrator, most likely as Nate.
- If one looks closely at the bottle next to the Sole Survivor's great-great grandmother and young great-grandfather, the bottle reads Nuka-Cola. However, the scene takes place in 1945 and Nuka-Cola was invented in 2044. Alternatively, this could very well be the Sole Survivor as a child with his mother.
- Fallout intro
- Fallout 2 intro
- Fallout 3 intro
- Fallout: New Vegas intro
- Fallout Shelter intro
- Fallout Tactics intro
- Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel intro