Limited Edition Mojave Landmark Snow Globes are collectible items in Fallout: New Vegas. There are a total of seven of them to find in the base game, and an additional four from the add-ons: one each from Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road.
These rare, pre-War artifacts are widely considered to be useless baubles, but rumor has it that some collectors will pay dearly for them.”
The iconic Vault Boy appears in every one of the snow globes; despite lack of background canon information, it's safe to assume they are a promotional item from Vault-Tec Industries, much like the promotional bobbleheads from the East coast that appeared in Fallout 3.
Snow globes found in add-ons are displayed on a shelf located directly above the snow globe stand. As soon as you pick one up, you will be given 2,000 caps automatically (with the exception of the Sierra Madre snow globe, which will give you 2,000 Sierra Madre chips) and the snow globe will appear on the shelf.
|Goodsprings||On top of the back-left grave in Goodsprings Cemetery (near the water tower), at the base of the grave marker. The grave is the only one in the area with rubble on top; the snow globe can be found amongst it.||0015db3a|
|Hoover Dam||In the Hoover Dam visitor center, sitting on the welcome desk.||0015db39|
|Mormon Fort||In the Old Mormon Fort. As soon as you enter the fort, turn right, go all the way to the corner, and enter the door to the tower. The snow globe is located upstairs on a shelf.||0015db37|
|Mt. Charleston||In Jacobstown Lodge. The snow globe is sitting on the reception desk.||0015db38|
|Nellis AFB||Nellis Air Force Base, Nellis Boomer Museum. The snow globe is located on the table to the right, immediately after entering the building.||0015db3c|
|Test Site||In the cocktail lounge of the Lucky 38 Casino. The snow globe is on the counter "behind" the middle cash register with a green lamp next to it (you must first speak with Mr. House to gain access to this area).||0015db3b|
|The Strip||In the Vault 21 Hotel, on the nightstand in Sarah's average-locked room in the northeast corner of Vault 21, next to the buyable room. You can pickpocket Sarah for the keys if necessary.||0015db3d|
|Sierra Madre Casino Dead Money||Located near Dean's Secret Stash in the upper levels of Salida del Sol North. From the southern-most entrance to Salida del Sol South (inside a house in Salida del Sol North), proceed down the stairway and out to the street, then look behind you for the entrance hole in the wall above. This area can be reached by going up the stairs located around the corner to the southeast and following the rooftops back towards the hole.||00fe80|
|Zion National Park Honest Hearts||Found in the general store in the northwestern part of Zion, on the bottom shelf of a broken cabinet behind the counter.||00edf5|
|Big MT Old World Blues (add-on)||Found in the X-17 Meteorological Station, in the room on the catwalk next to the model houses.||00cdc6|
|Lonesome Road Lonesome Road (add-on)||Found at the Junction 7 Rest Stop just past the High Road. When leaving the High Road, take a right, the shop is at the bottom of the hill. The snow globe is upstairs, inside a fallen bookshelf.||004687|
- Snow globes are marked as quest items and cannot be removed from the player's inventory (unless sold to Jane).
- Due to being marked quest items, snow globes have no net weight, despite being marked as having a weight of 1 lb. (Fixed in a recent patch)
- If you kill Mr. House, Jane will disappear, and you will no longer be able to remove the snow globes from your inventory. However, on PC you can use the console command player.placeatme 00116a50 to spawn Jane to your location to continue adding snow globes to your stand. Should Jane still be aggressive after spawning, use console command stopcombat after having clicked at her to stop all combat.
- You only need to obtain the snow globes to get the Globe Trotter trophy/achievement; you are not required to sell them. Snow globes found in the add-ons are not needed to gain the trophy/achievement.
- You cannot interact with the snow globes in any way after they are on the display shelf.
- DLC snow globes will be added to the shelf automatically and do not require Mr. House to be alive.
- The Toaster in The Sink will shout out that it has a "super-rare Mojave snowglobe", and all you have to do to get it is reach down into his bread slot. Due to the murderous nature of the Toaster, this is an attempt to kill the Courier via electrocution.
Behind the scenesEdit
It's for the Citizen Kane reference, partially because it's especially fitting for Mr. House. He has no interest in physically interacting with the world but wants absolute control over New Vegas. Snow globes are perfect static worlds in miniature that can't be directly touched but can be (literally) turned up side down any time the owner desires.”— J.E. Sawyer 
- xbox360 Sometimes, you can only sell snow globes to Jane one at a time, regardless of the number you've found. [verified]