| || For player housing in Fallout 3, see Fallout 3 player character housing.|
For player housing in Fallout 4, see Fallout 4 player character housing.
This page lists all player character housing in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Dino Dee-lite motel room in Novac
- Lucky 38 presidential suite and penthouse in the Lucky 38 casino
- Given to the Courier by Robert House after the first time they have spoken with him (Note: If Benny was killed prior to speaking to Mr. House, it will be required to give him the platinum chip in order to receive the suite. This is the only place companions can be sent to specifically aside from their home locations.
- It is also possible to sleep and safely store items in the penthouse, located on the top floor of the Lucky 38 where the one meets and speaks with Mr. House. The penthouse comes with a view, and is much brighter and even more spacious than the presidential suite, but comes with fewer containers.
- Apart from DLC Housing, this is the only home which you are able to upgrade. You can get 2 master wardrobes, 2 guest wardrobes, a refrigerator, workbench, 2 work bench chests, Sunset Sarsaparilla machine, 2 weapon lockers, and more.
- The Tops presidential suite in The Tops
- The quest Ring-a-Ding-Ding! needs to be completed to gain access to this suite.
- There is also a high-roller suite available if one earns enough chips at the casino. Entering the room will complete the unmarked quest Big Winner, The Tops. Note that the Chairmen will barge into this room frequently and may pick up any food items left lying around.
- One may also steal Benny's suite, located on the same floor as the high-roller suite's. This room also comes with a small radio and a 'secret exit' to the sub-basement, which may not actually function. Unlike the High-Roller suite, the Chairmen will never enter this room.
- Bon Vivant suite in the Ultra-Luxe
- The Bon Vivant suite is won if one should win 11,250 chips at the Ultra-Luxe casino. The room is located among the other Ultra-Luxe hotel rooms, and is similar to them in appearance. The room contains two beds, as well as two wardrobes and a suitcase for containers, a small bathroom and a toilet and sink with zero rads. The containers will not reset, and are 'safe', but remain marked red for stealing, as do all items within the suite.
- This is not to be confused with the Ultra-Luxe penthouse located in the short hallway behind the reception desk. Although the penthouse is considered very large and fancy, and although a key may be found from Mortimer, it is not possible to sleep there and all containers are marked as stealing. It is guarded by two men who may become hostile once in sight. It is not possible to gain ownership of the penthouse except through modding or console commands.
- Brotherhood of Steel safehouse
- Followers of the Apocalypse safehouse
- The key will be awarded by Julie Farkas once the Courier has gained an 'Idolized' reputation with the Followers of the Apocalypse and accepted her offer to join them. It holds one of the four copies of the D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine. The fridges are constantly restocked with food and thus not safe storage.
- Caesar's Legion safehouse
- The key is given by Lucius with a reputation of Liked with the Legion. It is visited by a Legion officer who will occasionally give items related to stealth, most notably Stealth Boys. In addition, one may find on the 3 beds: centurion armor and a chainsaw, Praetorian guard armor with 2 time bombs and the unique lucky shades, and on the final bed is a sniper rifle with another set of Legion armor.
- Atomic Wrangler corner room
- NCR Ranger safehouse
- It is in the mountains southeast from junction 15 railway. Deathclaws gather nearby, so be careful on the first approach. Colonel James Hsu at Camp McCarran awards the key after earning a reputation of Liked with the NCR. The safehouse contains NCR Ranger combat armor at low condition, an assault carbine at low condition, and some surplus 5mm ammo.
- The Sink
- It is only available upon completion of Old World Blues. Companions must be dismissed before it can be entered, but it can essentially be fast traveled to, even if over-encumbered. When fully upgraded, it contains a workbench, reloading bench, electric hot plate and Auto-Doc. The Sink CIU is also a merchant and a repairman.
- As noted above, the Dino Dee-Lite motel room in Novac must be rented if you do not own the key. Jeannie May Crawford (proprietress of the Dino Dee-lite Inn) rents it for 100 caps. Unless you have become 'Accepted' by Novac, in which case she offers it for free.
- Sarah Weintraub, the gift shop manager of Vault 21, located in the New Vegas Strip, will rent out a room to the player. The cost starts at 100 caps, but she will give increasing discounts as you deliver her Vault suits. If the player passes a speech check, gains rep with the Strip, or brings Sarah enough Vault suits, she will offer the room at 40 caps. If the player brings more Vault suits to her, she will offer the room at 10 caps. Upon giving her enough Vault suits, the room will become free and she will have sex with you if asked. Having sex with her is the only way the room provides a well rested bonus.
- If a player's outdoor housing has unsafe containers, a determined player can drag Sunset Sarsaparilla crates to their player housing. The containers will only reset to their original locations (not reset their contents), this only occurs if the player leaves them unattended for a long period of time (6+ real life hours) without interacting with them (including bumping into them).
- If you use an outside area as your home (e.g. Lone Wolf Radio, Scavenger's Platform) you run the risk of your loosely stored equipment getting lost/clipped into the scenery. The only safe storage is containers that can't be moved by the Courier. On the other hand, if the house is in an enclosed area that lies behind a loading screen it should be safe to do things like dropping guns onto tables.
In addition to housing considered "owned," many locations can serve as viable safehouses. They will not, however, confer the benefits of owned properties.
|Name||Known Secure Containers||# of Beds||Workbench?||Reloading bench?||Campfire?||Free of enemies?||Notes / Features|
|Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker||2 desks, 6 footlockers, 3 crates, 1 Brotherhood of Steel Crate, 8 metal boxes||7||yes||yes||no||yes||
|Abandoned shack, Yangtze Memorial|| First aid box
|Bradley's shack||2 metal boxes, 2 sacks, 2 ammunition boxes, first aid box||1||no||no||yes||no||
|Coyote Mine house, Coyote Mines||1 cabinet, 2 filing cabinets, 1 footlocker, 1 locker, 3 toolboxes, 3 first aid boxes, 1 Sunset Sarsaparilla crate, 1 refrigerator, 1 oven, 1 duffle bag, various counters, shelves, and other furniture, jukebox||4||no||no||no||yes|
|Doc Mitchell's house, Goodsprings||2 metal boxes, stimpak, Rad-X, other supplies and furniture in 1st room on the right||2||no||no||no||yes||
|Easy Pete's ranch, Goodsprings||1 refrigerator, 1 oven, 1 cabinets, 1 footlocker||2||no||no||no||yes||
|El Dorado Gas & Service||-||5||no||no||yes||yes||
|El Rey Motel||Desk, footlocker, dresser.||1||no||no||no||no||
|Emergency service railyard||4 metal boxes, 2 toolboxes, 1 first aid box||2||no||no||yes||yes|
|Goodsprings gas station, Goodsprings||3 boxes, 2 sacks, 3 crates, safe, duffle bag, cash register, vending machine outside||1||no||no||no||yes||
|Goodsprings (exterior)||4 Sunset Sarsaparilla crates near the back of the general store, 2 metal boxes in trailer||1||yes||yes||no||no||
|Harper's shack||3 Ammunition cases, 3 lockers, 1 cabinet, 5 metal boxes inside and 3 metal boxes outside.||2||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Hell's Motel, Mesquite Mountains crater||1 Briefcase, 1 oven, 1 refrigerator, 1 cabinet||2||no||no||no||no||
|Hidden Valley bunker||-||1||no||no||yes||yes|
|Hunter's farm||Dresser, desk, footlocker, oven, refrigerator, Sunset Sarsaparilla Crate||1||no||no||no||no|
|Lone Wolf Radio||Footlocker, metal crate||1||no||no||no||no||
|Lucky Jim mine house, Lucky Jim mine||1 locker, 1 oven, 1 metal box,||2||yes||no||no||no|
|Mountain Shadows campground||2 suitcases, 1 metal box||3||no||no||yes||yes|
|Nevada Highway Patrol station||Five desks, filing cabinets (Dark cabinets not safe), ammunition box.||2||no||yes||no||no||
|Powder Ganger camp south||2||1||no||no||yes||no|
|Powder Ganger camp west||-||1||no||no||yes||no|
|Primm sheriff's office, Primm||2 metal boxes, filing cabinets, toolbox, 2 desks, oven, ammunition box, refrigerator||1||no||yes||no||yes|
|Scavenger platform||lockers, boxes, ammunition containers||1||no||no||yes||no|
|Smith Mesa Prospector Camp||1 suitcase, 1 metal crate, 1 ammunition box||1||no||no||yes||no||
|Sniper's nest||2 metal boxes, 1 weapon box (Very Hard Lock), 2 ammunition boxes||1||no||no||yes||yes||
|Snyder Prospector Camp||1 metal box||1||no||no||yes||no||
|Trailer, Goodsprings, Goodsprings source||1 suitcase||2||no||no||yes||yes||
|Trailer, NCR Correctional Facility||Wardrobe, Explosives crate, oven||2||no||no||no||no||
|Vault 19||All dressers and lockers in in red and blue sectors,desks in main area||30+||yes||yes||no||no|
|Victor's shack, Goodsprings||2 ammunition containers, desk, oven||1||no||no||no||yes||
|Wolfhorn Ranch||2 lockers, 2 ammunition containers, 1 cabinet, 1 oven||1||no||no||yes||yes|