| ||For an overview of eyebots in the Fallout series of games, see eyebot.|
Eyebots were originally designed by RobCo before the Great War to act as media transmitters. Several models exist, but generally they consist of a spherical body roughly half a meter in diameter, capable of hovering a few feet above the ground through an unseen method of propulsion. Though not as sturdy as other robots, Eyebots are quite modular, and can be outfitted with tools, small armaments, radio transmitters, and other devices.
Eyebots are spherical robots, slightly larger than the human head, with a loudspeaker and electrical zapper on the front and several long antennas protruding from the top and back. They are used by the Enclave on the East Coast to broadcast Enclave propaganda, presidential speeches and patriotic marching music to the people of the Capital Wasteland in the form of their own radio station.
Eyebots are very weak opponents and the fact that they are friendly, and will attack enemies that engage the player or other wastelanders means that they are more beneficial than anything else. However, once the player finishes the quest The Waters of Life, or engages them in combat, they may pose a threat; especially in the former case where they will turn hostile if any nearby Enclave patrols are under attack.
The eyebot is armed with a zapper, almost equal in strength to a laser pistol. It is extremely accurate with this weapon and will rarely miss, even over considerable distances. While not a very damaging opponent, the eyebot's mobility, small size and high accuracy can make it a threat if encountered by a low level player character. Fortunately, they are the most fragile robot in the game and are easily destroyed, even with bare fists. Eyebots don't seem to have a uniform level of strength, as some are killed by weak creatures like mole rats, while other pose a challenge to much stronger characters, such as raiders. When killed, an eyebot will explode, causing minor damage to anything nearby.
The normal eyebot encountered in the wastes is hardly a threat, except to very low level players: they have a weapon similar to the AEP7 laser pistol and the least health of all the robots in the game.
Eyebots can be easily identified at a distance, as they emit a small buzzing sound from flying and constantly broadcast Enclave Radio, which consists of patriotic songs and John Henry Eden's speeches.
|Name (Base ID)||Statistics||Behavior||Abilities||Items|
- Eyebots that are disabled using the Robotics Expert perk will hover in the air instead of dropping to the ground.
- In the scavenger's house by the Charnel House, you can find a deactivated eyebot which can be looted for scrap metal.
- Crow will give you a helmet made out of an eyebot called Crow's eyebot helmet if you invest sufficiently in him during the unmarked quest Merchant Empire.
- In a random encounter, two wastelanders are conversing over an Enclave eyebot, one of them stating "I bet it's spying on us." The wastelanders will have a lengthy discussion about how strange the eyebots are. Notably, this particular eyebot will in turn be observing them instead of patrolling as normal.
- Certain eyebots roaming the wastes may cause a vertibird to land at the site and drop off a patrol should the player attack it. The chance of this is partially dependent on the player's Luck; a lower Luck makes a higher chance. Approximately 56 of the total 117 eyebots roaming the wastes may cause such an event if destroyed by the player.
- Some eyebots are stronger than others. While most will be easily dispatched by weak creatures, some, like the two outside of the Super-Duper Mart, can kill raiders with ease.
- If the player destroys Raven Rock, the eyebots will stop transmitting Enclave radio messages and only play static. However, the eyebots will still not attack the Lone Wanderer on sight, no matter what his/her reputation with the Enclave is.
- Eyebots are neutral to the Lone Wanderer, unless he/she attacks an Enclave soldier in an eyebot's presence or there are Brotherhood of Steel personnel nearby.
- Eyebots are one of only two types of robot in Fallout 3 that cannot be looted once they are destroyed, the other being turrets, as both completely explode after their HP is depleted.
- It is possible to loot eyebots for scrap metal, but only in cases in which they are killed by a Critical Hit from an energy weapon, since these weapons have the effect of turning the enemy into goo or ash.
- When the player first exits Vault 101 and goes to Springvale, a single eyebot will be roaming the town.
- Enclave eyebots are the only NPCs affiliated with the Enclave that can be met prior to completing The Waters of Life.
- ↑ Museum sign at REPCONN HQ