If the Sierra Madre assigned people to floors, she's got to have been sent to Vera's room, right? That's irony for you.”— Dean Domino
The executive suites are reached via elevator from the hotel lobby (the elevator is near the top of the curved stairs in the lobby). The floor is a linear maze of rooms, some of which are accessible only through holes that were blown through adjoining walls to other rooms, and is patrolled by three starlet security holograms. Besides the security holograms, there are also several radios and some small patches of Cloud.
This floor has several rooms of note. A service room where hotel staff would have worked, with laundry machines, a workbench and crafting supplies, and two terminals on the desks on the far side of the room from where you first come in. Further on, there's also an ambitiously equipped room for hotel security, with a hunting shotgun, an automatic rifle, several suits of Sierra Madre armor in the lockers, and a closet full of various ammunition (use the terminal on the desk to unlock the door to the closet). There's also a kitchen (presumably for room service) that has an electric hot plate for crafting.
Eventually, you will come to a set of double doors along one of the hallways: this is the suite Vera Keyes occupied (the doors are unlocked). When you walk in, you will be in the main living area; a door to your left opens to the bedroom (where Christine is), and a bar to your right that has some alcohol and a chemistry set where you can choose to either make several stimpaks or 1 each of Psycho, Rebound, Buffout, and Jet.
After learning some of Dean's history with Vera while dealing with him downstairs in The Tampico theater, you learn a couple more things about Vera herself through dialog with Christine and records from the auto-doc. Vera's skeleton is sitting in a chair next to the bed, still dressed in her signature outfit. Look on the floor in front of her to find a few units of Med-X. Next to the bar is a door with a terminal. Use the terminal to unlock the door, and you'll find a short hallway with several more dressers and an elevator. Going back out into in the hallway you took to get here, go a little further down the hall from Vera's suite and you'll come to an intersection with another hallway and a skeleton lying on the floor next to a Sierra Madre helmet and a security keycard.
Hologram emitter locationsEdit
Three starlet holograms patrol the executive suites. A repair skill of 75 is required to disable each hologram's emitter, or the emitters can be destroyed by firing at them with a weapon. The emitters are found in the following locations:
- Inside the restroom of the far northeast suite.
- Inside the far northwest suite on the wall leading into the bedroom.
- Inside the far southwestern suite, just to the west of the large dresser.
Each emitter is concealed by an open door that covers the wall on which the emitter is located. The door must be closed before the emitter can be accessed.
- 2 Vera's outfits - one in the safe, one on her dead body in the bed room.
- The Queen of Clubs is found in Vera's suite near the bed, required for the Dead Man's Hand challenge.
- Big Book of Science - in Vera's room, located in the southeast area of the executive suites, found on the bookshelf to the left of the door that opens to the room where you find Christine.
- The schematics for the superheated cosmic knife can be found on an easy locked terminal, in the same room with the workbench. All the items needed to make the item are found in the room, except for the knife itself (the forceps are in a wooden crate on top of a washing machine).
- Suites password reminder - on a dining table in a room the northwest section
- It's possible to pass the area without alerting the holograms by sneaking past them, or dealing with the emitters.
- This is one of the few places in the DLC that you can use the beds to sleep to heal limbs.
- In a room is a reinforced metal helmet and a standard metal armor. The helmet is put on the dresser where the metal armor is located. This is quite strange, due to the fact that metal armor is post-War, and the Sierra Madre casino has never opened its doors again after the war.