With the Entomologist perk, you do an additional +50% damage every time you attack a mutated insect, like the radroach, giant ant, or radscorpion.”— Fallout 3 in-game description
- This perk allows for expanded dialogue options when speaking with other entomologists, especially in the quest "Those!".
- Despite it appearing early in the player's perk choices, the player will find that giant radscorpions, encountered very often later in the game, are difficult to kill in one round of V.A.T.S. without the perk.
- With the add-on Broken Steel, this perk becomes incredibly useful against the new albino radscorpion.
Fallout: New Vegas
- Given that cazadores can appear early in the game, they are powerful at any level, are fast and will attack in packs, this perk is very useful against them and can be taken at any point in the game.
Behind the scenes
- Radscorpions are arachnids, not insects. However, the scientific field of entomology is not limited to insects.