Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Your character is carrying more than your carry weight. This will slow you down, and may cause you injury.”— Fallout Tactics in-game description
- Character cannot run (moves slowly)
- Character is noisy (Sneak affected)
- In Fallout Tactics, the character may cripple a leg
- In Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4 the character cannot fast travel and moves slowly.
- When playing on survival mode in Fallout 4 the character will take periodic damage.
This condition is removed when the weight of the inventory drops to or below the carry weight limit.
The Fallout: New Vegas perk Long Haul, allows fast travelling even when the Courier is over-encumbered.
The Fallout 4 perk Strong Back, allows the Sole Survivor to carry more weight, and if upgraded, they are able to move faster (whilst using Action Points, but at a faster rate) and fast travel.