The Remnants are what's left of the now defunct Enclave, which was mostly destroyed due to the destruction of the Enclave Oil Rig by the Chosen One in 2242. While others went east to Chicago and the Capital Wasteland, there were a few that chose to stay, who soon gained the name of Remnants. The few known survivors all reside in the Mojave Wasteland.
Interactions with the player character
The Courier has the option of completing the side quest, For Auld Lang Syne given by Arcade Gannon, in which The Courier and Arcade can get his father's old friends from the now-defunct Enclave and help contribute to the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.
- Doctor Henry - Scientist
- Cannibal Johnson - Soldier
- Judah Kreger - Officer (Rank of Captain)
- Orion Moreno - Trooper
- Daisy Whitman - Vertibird Pilot
- Through the choice of the Courier, the Remnants can be convinced to either support the New California Republic or Caesar's Legion.
- If the player chooses to ask them to side with the NCR, Orion Moreno leaves the room. He is found just outside the briefing room in the hangar. He will talk about his hatred of the NCR and will refuse to fight for them. If the player has a speech skill of 80 or a large amount of NCR infamy, Orion can be convinced to participate in the attack, but otherwise he will attack the player and must be killed.
- If the player asks them to side with the Legion, Cannibal Johnson and Arcade Gannon will leave and there is no way to convince them to stay. The player can then talk to Orion Moreno for training in power armor. Moreno will give the player Johnson's suit since he won't be using it.
- In order to make an alliance between the Remnants and Yes Man or Mr. House, you must convince them to fight for NCR, since the path and ultimate goal (killing Lanius) are still the same. However, Cannibal Johnson will turn hostile if the PC can not talk down General Oliver.
- Even if the Remnants are killed in the battle of Hoover Dam, the ending cutscene will still show them all as being alive.
Narrated by Judah Kreger.
|#||Voice-over narration||Description of the scenes||In-game Condition|
|1||Despite surviving the destruction of the oil rig and the loss of their comrades at Navarro, the venerable Remnants were no match for The Courier. They carried the secrets of their old lives to their graves.||The Remnants standing around a holographic display in their bunker.||Kill the Enclave remnants.|
|2||After their bold arrival at Hoover Dam, the Remnants disappeared as quickly as they came. Legends of their power spread throughout the southwest, a reminder of why people once feared the sight of vertibirds in the sky.||The Remnants standing around a holographic display in their bunker.||Complete the quest For Auld Lang Syne, complete any endgame quest except Veni, Vidi, Vici.|
|3||Merciless in their assault on the NCR, the Remnants struck fear into the hearts of even the centurions at Hoover Dam. Well aware of the full extent of their power, Caesar commanded his troops to not pursue them.||description missing||Complete the quest For Auld Lang Syne, complete the quest Veni, Vidi, Vici for Caesar's Legion with Caesar alive.|
|4||Merciless in their assault on the NCR, the Remnants struck fear into the hearts of even the centurions at Hoover Dam. Caesar's heirs aggressively pursued the Remnants into Arizona, losing hundreds of soldiers in the process and gaining nothing in return.||description missing||Complete the quest For Auld Lang Syne, complete the quest Veni, Vidi, Vici for Caesar's Legion with Caesar dead.|