| || For an overview of Enclave power armor models in the Fallout series of games, see Enclave power armor.|
For an overview of various models of power armor in the Fallout series of games, see Power armor.
The advanced power armor Mk II , also called black devil power armor or simply Enclave power armor, is a high-end model of power armor used exclusively by the Enclave's Department of the Army and developed after the Great War. It is composed entirely of lightweight composites rather than the usual combination of metal and composite plates found on the previous designation of advanced power armor, the MK I.
Its design is substantially different from another, earlier model of the MK II.
The set consists of two pieces, the body armor and helmet. Like all power armor, Power Armor Training is required to equip it. It provides +1 Strength and -1 Agility; one less Strength bonus and Agility penalty than the T-45d power armor. There is also a 5% increase to radiation resistance. Enclave power armor is also slightly more durable than standard T-45d power armor.
Dialogue from some of the Brotherhood of Steel scribes suggests that the Enclave's power armor is significantly more advanced than the Brotherhood's, with Brotherhood paladins expressing concern that their standard bullets may not even be able to penetrate it. They also refer to it as "black devil" power armor.
- Unlike the Fallout 2 version, this armor is inferior to the T-51b power armor (It actually has 10 less DR and has lower radiation resistance).
- It is possible to see raiders wearing Enclave power armor, which is strange since raiders would not have gone through Power Armor Training.
- The helmet bears slight resemblance to the helmet of the Midwestern Brotherhood's power armor.
- This version of Enclave power armor appears as legacy content in Fallout: New Vegas, along with the Enclave soldiers, although they can only be accessed with console commands. It has a DT of 32 for the armor and 6 for the helmet, giving it 7 DT more than T-51b power armor and 4 DT more than Remnants power armor.
- This armor can be given to Protector Casdin as a part of the unmarked quest The Outcast Collection Agent.
- ↑ Henry Casdin's dialogue file from Fallout 3.
- ↑ Peabody's dialogue: "I've already started removing the compensators on our laser weapons to cut through the black devil Power Armor of theirs."