| || For an overview of Enclave power armor models in the Fallout series of games, see Enclave power armor.|
For an overview of various models of power armor in the Fallout series of games, see Power armor.
Enclave Hellfire armor is a heat-resistant power armor worn by high level Enclave soldiers and the specialized, elite Enclave Hellfire troopers. It is added with the Broken Steel add-on for Fallout 3.
This armor is the result of a post-War research and development project undertaken by the Enclave at the Adams Air Force Base. It was one of several concurrently active research projects, including one on eyebots and a material called Duraframe, but ultimately came to be the most in-demand project fully completed; other projects, much to the chagrin of researchers such as Whitley, were canceled in favor of the new model of power armor by Colonel Augustus Autumn.
As state of the art power armor, it is conclusively the best and most advanced model of power armor revealed to date. It provides its wearers with more protection than any other form of armor produced post-Great War, due to its unique Duraframe components and high resistance to heat.
This armor is equal to the T-51b power armor (but not the Winterized Version included in the Operation: Anchorage add-on) in terms of DR, item HP, and weight. It does, however, offer inferior rad resistance, as well as -1 Charisma for the Hellfire helmet as opposed to the T-51b power helmet which has +1 Charisma. The armor's advantage is the +30 Fire resistance, and a +1 Strength stat it also provides.
In contrast to the T-51b which is limited to merchant repair, the Enclave Hellfire armor can be repaired with other sets of Hellfire armor. This advantage alone may make it the better choice among the game's several power armors. That should not be taken for granted, however, as Hellfire troopers are still an uncommon enemy.
The armor is far less stylized than other Enclave armors, and can, at longer distances, be mistaken for T-45d power armor. This can lead to unexpected run-ins with powerful troops, so be cautious if you can't see tick marks for non-player characters.
|Armor||Damage Resistance||Rad Resistance|| Other Resistances|
|Stat Bonuses||Item HP|
|T-45d power armor||+40/ Helmet: +8||+10/ Helmet: +3||None||+2 ST, -2 AG||1000/ Helmet: 75|
|T-51b power armor||+50/ Helmet: +10||+25/ Helmet: +8||None||Helmet: +1 CH||2000/ Helmet: 100|
|Winterized T-51b power armor Operation: Anchorage (add-on)||+45/ Helmet: +10||+25/ Helmet: +8||None||Helmet: +1 CH||10,000,000/ Helmet: 1,000,000|
|Tesla armor||+43/ Helmet: +9||+20/ Helmet: +5||+10 Energy Weapons||Helmet: -1 CH||1500/ Helmet: 100|
|Advanced power armor Mk II||+40/ Helmet: +9||+15/ Helmet: +5||None|| +1 ST, -1 AG/|
Helmet: -1 CH
|1200/ Helmet: 75|
Enclave Hellfire armor
|+50/ Helmet: +10||+15/ Helmet: +5||+30 Fire/ Helmet: +5 Fire||+1 ST/ Helmet: -1 CH||2000/ Helmet: 100|
- In Fallout: New Vegas, ED-E, a robotic eyebot companion originally moving from Enclave forces in Chicago to Navarro, has a data log that references the Hellfire armor and how the eyebot improvement program that ED-E was in was ditched in favor of developing the Hellfire Armor.
- It can't be given to Protector Casdin as part of his unmarked quest.
- Sometimes Enclave members can be found wearing this armor before activating the Project Purity.
- Hellfire armor is one of the only forms of Power Armor across the entire Fallout series that doesn't feature any external hoses on it.
- pc ps3 xbox360 If you have a set of Hellfire armor equipped at 100% condition, and another set of Hellfire armor at any condition is in your inventory, the inventory armor will degrade instead of the equipped armor. This effect also applies to the Hellfire helmet, although as it is considerably weaker you may need more spare helmets to keep a good DR. There is a similar effect with the Tesla armor. [verified]
- ↑ Enclave scientist Whitley: "Yes sir, I understand that we need the duraframe assets for Hellfire armor, but, no sir. Yes, sir. I understand, sir. I'll tell the team to start disassembling the ED series prototypes right away."