| || For an overview of Enclave power armor models in the Fallout series of games, see Enclave power armor.|
For an overview of various models of power armor in the Fallout series of games, see Power armor.
Enclave Hellfire armor
Enclave Hellfire armor is a heat-resistant power armor worn by high level Enclave soldiers and the specialized, elite Enclave Hellfire troopers. It is added with the Broken Steel add-on for Fallout 3.
This armor is the result of a post-War research project undertaken by the Enclave at the Adams Air Force Base. It was one of several concurrently active research projects, including one on eyebots, but ultimately came to be the favored project to be fully completed; other projects, much to the chagrin of researchers such as Whitley, were canceled in favor of the new model of power armor by Colonel Augustus Autumn.
As the state of the art power armor, conclusively it is the best and most advanced model of power armor to be revealed to date. Its unique Duraframe design allows it to provide more protection than any other model of power armor in the Fallout universe due to its superior protection, fire resistance, respectable radiation resistance, its improved durability, as well as its unique Duraframe components.
This armor is equal to the T-51b power armor (but not the version included in the Operation: Anchorage add-on) in terms of DR, item HP, and weight. It does, however, offer inferior rad resistance, as well as -1 Charisma for the Hellfire helmet as opposed to the T-51b power helmet which has +1 Charisma. The armor's advantage is the +30 Fire resistance, and a +1 Strength stat it also provides.
In contrast to the T-51b which is limited to merchant repair, the Enclave Hellfire armor can be repaired with other sets of Hellfire armor. This advantage alone may make it the better choice among the game's several power armors. That should not be taken for granted, however, as Hellfire troopers are still an uncommon enemy.
The armor is far less stylized than other Enclave armors, and can, at longer distances, be mistaken for T-45d power armor. This can lead to unexpected run-ins with powerful troops, so be cautious if you can't see tick marks for non-player characters.
|Armor||Damage Resistance||Rad Resistance|| Other Resistances|
|Stat Bonuses||Item HP|
|T-45d power armor||+40/ Helmet: +8||+10/ Helmet: +3||None||+2 ST, -2 AG||1000/ Helmet: 75|
|T-51b power armor||+50/ Helmet: +10||+25/ Helmet: +8||None||Helmet: +1 CH||2000/ Helmet: 100|
|Winterized T-51b power armor Operation: Anchorage (add-on)||+45/ Helmet: +10||+25/ Helmet: +8||None||Helmet: +1 CH||10,000,000/ Helmet: 1,000,000|
|Tesla armor||+43/ Helmet: +9||+20/ Helmet: +5||+10 Energy Weapons||Helmet: -1 CH||1500/ Helmet: 100|
|Advanced power armor Mk II||+40/ Helmet: +9||+15/ Helmet: +5||None|| +1 ST, -1 AG/|
Helmet: -1 CH
|1200/ Helmet: 75|
Enclave Hellfire armor
|+50/ Helmet: +10||+15/ Helmet: +5||+30 Fire/ Helmet: +5 Fire||+1 ST/ Helmet: -1 CH||2000/ Helmet: 100|
- If you have a set of Hellfire armor equipped at 100% condition, and another set of Hellfire armor at any condition is in your inventory, the inventory armor will degrade instead of the equipped armor. This effect also applies to the Hellfire helmet, although as it is considerably weaker you may need more spare helmets to keep a good DR. There is a similar effect with the Tesla armor.
- The above effect can be exploited constantly to get maximum DR even in combat; the Hellfire armor has 50 DR, so every 2% of CND it loses, it loses one DR point too. By repairing your inventory suit, you can keep the max 50 DR constantly and not suffer from reduced agility.
- The armor also features the same flexible fabric-like material seen on the T-51b series (although less is seen under the Hellfire's plates and it is black instead of green/white). This could indicate that this armor is also inspired by the T-51b model, which the Enclave are known to have access to despite it being considered outdated and being technologically inferior.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, ED-E, a robotic eyebot companion originally moving from Enclave forces in Chicago to Navarro, has a data log that references the Hellfire armor and how the eyebot improvement program that ED-E was in was ditched in favor of developing the Hellfire Armor.
- Enclave Hellfire troopers will always wear this armor.
- This is a good armor to equip for followers as it does not deteriorate and the Charisma loss does not apply to them. It also has a high DR, giving your companions a longer life and making them even harder to kill.
- You can't give it to Protector Casdin as part of his unmarked quest.
- Sometimes Enclave members can be found wearing this armor before activating the Jefferson Memorial without console commands, whether this is a glitch or not is unknown.