|Side quest: Emogene Takes a Lover|
|(Optional) Go to The Third Rail in Goodneighbor and talk to Whitechapel Charlie or Magnolia.|
|Go to the Charles View Amphitheater.|
|(Optional)Talk to Brother Thomas.|
|Free Emogene Cabot.|
|Go back to Cabot House and talk to Jack Cabot to get the reward.|
|Reward: 150 XP|
|Leads to: The Secret of Cabot House|
Immediately on completion of Special Delivery, Edward requests that the Sole Survivor help find Emogene Cabot, who is apparently prone to running off with new boyfriends over the objections of Jack. Edward informs the Sole Survivor that Emogene likes to spend time in Goodneighbor at The Third Rail.
Talking to the bartender at The Third Rail results in being pointed to Magnolia, talking to her results in the player character getting a flyer from Ham pointing the way to Brother Thomas, a religious leader that seems to have recruited Emogene. If you choose the aggressive (right) dialogue option with Magnolia she will not tell you where Emogene is but choosing any other of the other dialogue options will get her to tell you.
It's a short walk to the Charles View Amphitheater where Thomas is holed up, speaking with him results in a few options being presented: bribery, persuasion, or threatening Thomas. Alternatively, the locked door in his office can be picked to set her free.
Once Emogene is free she'll tell the player character about the purpose of the serum, then leave on her own. The player character can go back to Cabot House and turn in the quest. On arrival Jack is talking to Edward, who is defending the asylum from raiders, over a ham radio - after a few minutes, the radio dies and Jack decides to head to the asylum with the Sole Survivor to try to stop the raiders, starting the quest The Secret of Cabot House.
- If Charles View Amphitheater has already been visited and the Pillars of the Community killed, the Sole Survivor will, upon choosing the persuade option, inform Brother Thomas that they killed the previous occupants.
- If the Sole Survivor tells Thomas they killed the last guy, before selecting the option to threaten him, he will apologize and refuse to speak again.
- If Curie is the current companion, she will comment on the persuasion attempt that "We're unfortunately quite skilled in the use of violence," whereupon the player character will receive a dislike from Curie.
- If one has the mysterious serum from the previous quest and has Hancock as a companion, they can offer it to Emogene for a reputation increase with Hancock. The same goes for Codsworth, Deacon and Valentine.
- Strong dislikes the peaceful persuasion attempt but approves of the threat. He also likes it when one gives Emogene the serum.
- Danse objects to handing the serum over to Emogene, stating that it should be brought to Brotherhood scribes for study.
- One can also gain reputation with Preston if he is the companion when giving Emogene the serum.
- One will lose reputation with MacCready if he is the companion when one offers Emogene the serum, but gain reputation by threatening Thomas.
- If having Cait as the companion, she will approve of threatening Brother Thomas and tell him that they can "Always start with ripping your arms off." Cait also likes it when one asks Thomas if Emogene is a member.
- If having Piper as the companion, when threatening she says "Do you really want to go this route?" as she dislikes this action. Deacon and Valentine have a similar response.
pc ps4 xboxone Brother Thomas unlocks the door to where Emogene is supposed to be but she doesn't appear. Instead the quest points back to Cabot House and the locked section of the house. Check the talk section of the page for a workaround for this bug. On PC this bug can be fixed using console commands, however on PS4 and Xbox One there is no confirmed fix. [verified]
- This bug may occur regardless of whether or not one has kept the first serum. If executing 'fix' commands once one finds her missing, the serum will be removed (next quest stage) and one will be able to travel to Cabot House and talk to Jack. Commands: setstage 000503B9 70, setstage 00022A00 705, setstage 00022A00 710, setstage 00022A00 720, setstage 00022A00 750
- Alternatively (and preferably), one can restore the conversation with Emogene by typing the following commands ssq ms09, prid 47ec4, ForceRefIntoAlias emogeneOld, ForceRefIntoAlias emogene, MoveTo 518ce, enable before entering the room where she is being kept. This way will make the quest proceed normally, without skipping anything.