Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You've done a good turn for the NCR and now we'd like to do one for you - here's an NCR emergency two-way radio - you call and we'll come running. You're not alone out here - the NCR has your back. Stay safe and good hunting.”— Unnamed NCR Ranger
Activating the questEdit
|Side Quest: Emergency Radio|
|Select "supply drop" on the NCR emergency radio.|
|The quest marker shows you where the supply drop is.|
|Pick up the supplies.|
|Reward: NCR supply support|
The "quest" starts by using the NCR emergency radio and selecting the option to receive supply support. You will be told that the NCR has dropped supplies and your map will be marked to show where the supplies are. All one needs to do is simply travel to the location and collect the supplies. The "reward" varies from armor to weapons and ammunition. (Note: This quest is repeatable once every day, game time)
- You can only call for support outdoors. It will also not work inside of locations like The Strip, or Freeside.
- The supply crate always seems to spawn in the same location, in relation to the player character east or north east of the their location, regardless of the direction you are facing. However, it should be noted that depending on the direction you face, the crate will be facing differently. [verification needed]
- If you use the radio in exactly the same location more than once, the box will spawn in exactly the same location as the previous box, which can lead to making a supply crate unobtainable.
- Old boxes will remain where you leave them, giving you the ability to create containers in areas without containers, or areas in which all the containers are owned.
- It is possible to simultaneously collect the NCR supply crates, as well as Legion drop boxes from the mission Caesar's Favor if your reputation with both groups is high enough.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Calling for a supply drop in certain areas may lead to the cache not spawning at all, or spawning underground or in non-accessible areas, leading to never being able to get supply drops again. On the PC this can be resolved by using the command code CompleteQuest 0015FB7C. On other systems, you can crouch and attempt to find the crate by walking around, it will show up as if there was an invisible box near you, and you can open it up the same way. [verified]
- pc When the marker shows you the location of the supply drop and it isn't there, try using No Clip and go under that location to look for the supply cache. Once gotten, use the "disable" command on the cache to avoid adding to the game's memory cache.[verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes, the NCR supply cache spawns floating in midair, leaving it unreachable. This can be corrected simply by jumping up and pressing the action button while in midair to reach it and its contents. [verified]
- xbox360 Sometimes the bodies of dead rangers and troopers respawn upon re-entering the area if one of their items is left on their body. This seems to be consistently the case if they are killed entering the Strip. This can be exploited to build up vast numbers of rangers as companions. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Rangers and troopers can enter casinos without having their weapons removed; however, they remain in a glitched state once inside and are passive unless attacked. Also, once they have entered a casino they cannot exit. [verified]
- pc xbox360 If you call the cache in, it will from time to time spawn empty no matter what. [verified]
- ps3 After trying to dismiss a Ranger, she will continue to follow you. You will not be able to call another until she dies. The dismiss option will still appear until she is dead. [verified]
- xbox360 Sometimes the supply crate can spawn inside rocks or craters, rendering them unobtainable. [verified]