We were sending robots to stop him and he was slicing and cutting through their shells with some suped-up laser gun like they were cheese... paper.”— Doctor 0
This weapon is identical to the LAER in appearance, but differs in ammunition capacity by having five fewer shots per magazine and a slightly increased rate of fire. This gives it a higher damage-per-second (DPS), but also makes it much less durable. Given the original variant's fragility, its condition is a major concern, especially when using over-charged, optimized, or max charge ammunition.
Elijah's advanced LAER can fire a total of about 245 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 17 reloads, or 13 reloads when modified with the auxiliary recharger chip, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Auxiliary recharger chip|
Both of the mods for the standard LAER can be applied to this weapon:
- LAER mod - auxiliary recharger chip - Recycles one round per four shots.
- LAER mod - prismatic lens - Increases damage by 30% per shot. Unlike applying this to the regular LAER, this variant retains its single beam, increasing its usefulness against targets with high Damage Threshold.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|LAER With all weapon mods attached fnvowb||84.5|
|Elijah's advanced LAER fnvowb||65||178.8||2.75||x1.5||15||32||2||0.08||15||245||4||8500||2125||75||4|
|Elijah's advanced LAER With all weapon mods attached fnvowb||84.5||232.4||2.75||x1.5||15||32||2.6||0.08||15(20)||245||4||14000||3500||75||4|
- The first Elijah's advanced LAER is found on the roof of the Signal Hills Transmitter, next to four ammunition boxes and a Sink upgrade holotape. Once taken, three lobotomites will spawn on the north.
- The second one is on the porch of the watch tower at Little Yangtze.
- As the name suggests, the LAER is modified by Elijah, during his stay in the Big MT.
- The weapon's condition only has 50 HP, so it degrades incredibly fast. Using bulk ammunition can prolong this weapon's life, at the cost of reduced damage.
- This weapon can prove to be effective if companions use it, as the weapon will never decay (unless if the weapon is damaged and/or disarmed by any enemy). The companions Arcade Gannon and Veronica Santangelo will use the weapon effectively, as they both have the Energy Weapons skill tagged.
- This weapon is one of the rarest non-unique weapons in the game, due to it having a maximum of two being obtainable.
- With the Built to Destroy trait and max charge ammunition, this weapon can go from perfect to poor condition in an unprecedented 84 shots.
- Fully upgraded, this weapon makes use of special microfusion cells more effective, since it refunds 25 % of the cells used, and through high per hit damage effectively makes better use of optimal charge microfusion cells than any other energy weapon.
Behind the scenesEdit