Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
We were sending robots to stop him and he was slicing and cutting through their shells with some suped-up laser gun like they were cheese... paper.”— Doctor 0
This weapon is identical to the LAER in appearance, but differs in ammunition capacity by having five fewer shots per magazine and a slightly increased rate of fire. This gives it a higher damage-per-second (DPS), but also makes it much less durable. Given the original variant's fragility, its condition is a major concern, especially when using over-charged, optimized, or max charge ammunition.
Elijah's advanced LAER can fire a total of about 245 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 17 reloads, or 13 reloads when modified with the auxiliary recharger chip, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Auxiliary recharger chip|
Both of the mods for the standard LAER can be applied to this weapon:
- LAER mod - auxiliary recharger chip - Recycles one round per four shots.
- LAER mod - prismatic lens - Increases damage by 30% per shot. Unlike applying this to the regular LAER, this variant retains its single beam, increasing its usefulness against targets with high Damage Threshold.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|LAER With all weapon mods attached fnvowb||84.5|
|Elijah's advanced LAER fnvowb||65||178.8||2.75||x1.5||15||32||2||0.08||15||245||4||8500||2125||75||4|
|Elijah's advanced LAER With all weapon mods attached fnvowb||84.5||232.4||2.75||x1.5||15||32||2.6||0.08||15(20)||245||4||14000||3500||75||4|
- The first Elijah's advanced LAER is found on the roof of the Signal Hills Transmitter, next to four ammunition boxes and a Sink upgrade holotape. Once taken, three lobotomites will spawn on the north.
- The second one is on the porch of the watch tower at Little Yangtze.
- As the name suggests, the LAER is modified by Elijah, during his stay in the Big MT.
- The weapon's condition only has 50 HP, so it degrades incredibly fast. Using bulk ammunition can prolong this weapon's life, at the cost of reduced damage.
- This weapon can prove to be effective if companions use it, as the weapon will never decay (unless if the weapon is damaged and/or disarmed by any enemy). The companions Arcade Gannon and Veronica Santangelo will use the weapon effectively, as they both have the Energy Weapons skill tagged.
- This weapon is one of the rarest non-unique weapons in the game, due to it having a maximum of two being obtainable.
- With the Built to Destroy trait and max charge ammunition, this weapon can go from perfect to poor condition in an unprecedented 84 shots.
- Fully upgraded, this weapon makes use of special microfusion cells more effective, since it refunds 25 % of the cells used, and through high per hit damage effectively makes better use of optimal charge microfusion cells than any other energy weapon.
Behind the scenesEdit